PDA

View Full Version : Is GBTG is good? Buy it or not?

Leo
10-27-2003, 07:31 PM
I love Rare games I have Conker's Bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie.
I am very happy that Microsoft bought Rare! They make very good games!

Since Grabbed By The Ghoulies is their game I was wondering should I buy it or not? I was trying to rent it but nobody has it.
Anybody played it? Good or Not? How long is it? Is it Challenging?

Please reply!

Thanks!

Sencerly Leo

Chumley
10-27-2003, 07:43 PM
I believe there is a demo in this months oxm... might wanna check it out

Leo
10-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Chumley
I believe there is a demo in this months oxm... might wanna check it out

Yeah I know there is a demo of GBTG on December Disc. I didn't get it yet. Can't WAIT! I'll get it on Monday, I always get OXM on the first day of the month.

skorp
10-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Dec issue of OXM?????

DAMN! How do you get them so quickly? sheesh!!

I just got my Nov issue in the mail like two weeks ago...

:)

Shadow20002
10-28-2003, 08:00 AM
I'm waiting for it to come !!!

RudedogX
10-28-2003, 08:35 AM
Looking at the previews, it doesn't look that good. On top of that, I stand by what Nik2Deep said at the XBox Press Conference at E3 when they showed the demo on the screen...."WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?"

Duke
10-28-2003, 10:38 AM
I've seen some good reviews/previews. I won't be buying this one as it's not really my cup o' tea though.

Even if the demo is great, I have just not been interested in this game from day 1.

JediMasterChief
10-28-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, since I won it here at XBA!!! Therefore, without playing it, I can't judge it, However, if you loved those older Rare games then you will probably enjoy Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

mitch2025
10-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by skorp
Dec issue of OXM?????

DAMN! How do you get them so quickly? sheesh!!

I just got my Nov issue in the mail like two weeks ago...

i also got my november issue 2 weeks ago and then i got the december one yesterday so i got them 2 weeks apart:huh:

dd deeznuts
10-28-2003, 04:04 PM
rare is badass they put out some really good games like goldeneye and perfectdark

skorp
10-29-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by mitch2025

i also got my november issue 2 weeks ago and then i got the december one yesterday so i got them 2 weeks apart:huh:

Nope... Nothing for me in the mail....:cuss:

l Maximus l
10-29-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
I've seen some good reviews/previews. I won't be buying this one as it's not really my cup o' tea though.

Even if the demo is great, I have just not been interested in this game from day 1.

Ditto here...too many other solid titles are out or are coming out soon for me to even bother with this game...even if it's solid as well. The entire premise is not my cup of tea either.

RudedogX
10-29-2003, 07:31 AM
Well I just tried the demo last night and my GOD was that a stupid ass demo! You don't attack with any buttons, you just use the controller's direction to attack?!? WTF?!?

JediMasterChief
10-29-2003, 02:14 PM
I just got it in the mail today (once again thanks to XBA for the giveaway). I haven't had a chance to play it yet, since I'm leaving it for Halloween. However, it looks "okay".

For rudedogX's information, many games use that system of game controls. I mean if Halo used that then it would be really stupid, but this is a different themed game.

I'd say Grabbed by the Ghoulies is a mixture of Kung Fu Chaos, Banjo Kazooie, and some 60s scary TV show.

RudedogX
10-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
For rudedogX's information, many games use that system of game controls. I mean if Halo used that then it would be really stupid, but this is a different themed game.

Err...I haven't seen any before. You just move in the direction you want to attack, and it attacks...no buttons need to be pushed. What games have that?

ffight2
10-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Me being a RARE fan as well,this one's probably worth a rental.I just finished playing the demo from OXM, and I am not impressed. The controls are terrible,you have to hold down the left trigger whenever you want to turn around,and when you need to hit a zombie or skeleton you just move the right thumbstick whitch get's really annoying.But if you're a fan of other RARE games give this one a try.

yeszir
10-29-2003, 04:18 PM
it looks fun, in a not-too-intense kind of way. It looks a lot similar to luigi's mansion, which i actually liked when i played it at a friend's house. Then it got boring, but thats ok.

JediMasterChief
10-30-2003, 03:17 AM
Yup, it's also quite similar to Luigi's Mansion.

Overall, it's a good game for Halloween.

DIGITAL
10-30-2003, 05:41 AM
i was gonna pick this up for my little bro ,but after playing the demo i think it might be a little 2 hard for him,i got stuck on the part where you gotta fight 50 ninja imps