PDA

View Full Version : For those interested in early RS3 game info.. here you go!

Chaotic
10-28-2003, 07:02 PM
Ok so far the multiplayer is pretty sweet.

There are 5 gametypes

Misson
Terrorist Hunt
Survival
Team Survival
Sharpshooter

There are 9 maps 1 downloadable and each map only holds a certain amount of players. 10 total

Airport 1 = 8
Airport 2 = 10
City Street Large = 16
Import/Export = 8
Old City = 8
Peaks = 16
Presidio = 12
Training = 8
Warehouse = 12
Garage is a downloadable map = 10 Don't forget this one.

Finding optimatches is extremely easy and there are tons of servers to choose from.

The aiming is extremely difficult and the gun shakes around like crazy. The movement is very slow but responsive on defualt, be sure to go into your input settings and increase your X and Y axis or you will be moving slower then snail ****.

There are 25 primary weapons about 15 secondary weapons and you can also carry two types of grenades.

EDIT: Damn JJAX was on my ftp server that's why it's so laggy :mad: Also it seems to lag pretty bad in every game i have been in. This looks like one of those games you need to have a kick ass connection to host anywhere above 8 players :cry:

BTW this game craps all over GR ....

So far my favorite weapon is the AUG 5.56 with the secondary weapon of Desert Eagle or grenade launcher.

So far this looks like it's going to be the DDC's new game of ownage :cheers:

LTM360
10-28-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage

City Street Large = 16

YES!! I love Rainbow Six 3, and DDC may have slight competition against me. :)
But I need to get R63 first....

CarGuy
10-28-2003, 07:19 PM
Few questions if you've played the demo:

Is there more guns and stuff to add to your kit? Like extra ammo, sensors, etc...

Is there adequate room for snipers in the big levels? I was afraid there'd only be a couple big levels with just a few places for snipers to hide.

There's team elimination right? That's all i ever play in GRIT.

CarGuy
10-28-2003, 07:20 PM
oh yea, and in the demo there seemed to be no way to change the rate of fire (single, burst) is it in the final?

Chaotic
10-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy
oh yea, and in the demo there seemed to be no way to change the rate of fire (single, burst) is it in the final?

I haven't found a way yet but i also havent looked at the manual so im not sure and everyone im talking too doesn't know how to yet.

Papke
10-28-2003, 08:28 PM
What about Carguy's first question? I was pretty impressed with the sniper rifles from the demo... are there places from which to snipe, or maps designed to accomodate those who have chosen a sniper lifestyle?:D

Hopefully the lag won't be that big of an issue, but how bad is it really?

I get the game tomorrow!:cool:

George89
10-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Game..looks...so...good. I cant wait till i get it! But I still dont have XBOX LIVE:cry:

Xbox Owner
10-28-2003, 08:31 PM
do you have to unlock weapons?

VenoM
10-28-2003, 08:39 PM
:mad: Also it seems to lag pretty bad in every game i have been in. This looks like one of those games you need to have a kick ass connection to host anywhere above 8 players :cry:

im sure jafo can handle it :) .... and how does voice commands work when playing single player?

Chaotic
10-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Papke
What about Carguy's first question? I was pretty impressed with the sniper rifles from the demo... are there places from which to snipe, or maps designed to accomodate those who have chosen a sniper lifestyle?:D

Hopefully the lag won't be that big of an issue, but how bad is it really?

I get the game tomorrow!:cool:

Only reason lag was bad is because Jjax was on my Server using up bandwidth and i didn't notice it :cuss: , otherwise its running pretty good.

AlBoogy
10-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Is the game like Ghost Recon in the sense that you can get shot once and your dead? Or is it more like RTCW where you can cap someone like 7 times and they could still be alive? Medics?

Kortiz
10-28-2003, 09:52 PM
god damn you SAUCE.....I have to wait until November 19th to get this game......!!!!!!!!!

:cuss: :argue1: :cuss: :mad:

Chaotic
10-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Is the game like Ghost Recon in the sense that you can get shot once and your dead? Or is it more like RTCW where you can cap someone like 7 times and they could still be alive? Medics?

It's 100x's better then GR.

Depending on game type will depend on if it's respawns or not.

There is no medics or anything of that nature and you cant choose the type of solider. It's one solider and tons of awesome weapons.

diranged
10-29-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Fosho
god damn you SAUCE.....I have to wait until November 19th to get this game......!!!!!!!!!

:cuss: :argue1: :cuss: :mad:

why do u have to wait that long?

Whoopage
10-29-2003, 12:27 AM
I can't wait to be playing this...I saw you and JJax on my list tonite ChaoticMage...i was so jealous...

i should be on with you guys tomorrow nite or the next....just a little forewarning, you two better be ready!:D

JJaX
10-29-2003, 12:46 AM
Random thoughts of R6 By JJaX:

Yeah R6 is the most fun ive had on XBL since it first came out.

The lag wasnt an issue, but im sure you will need a killer Upload to host a big game.

The sounds effects are amazing. The explosions are loud, and scare the hell out of me.

The graphics are like splinter cell.

The rag doll effects are tight. Like if light someone up their bloody body will lean up against walls and junk.

Setting people on fire is fun, with the Grenade launcher with RP rounds. I have a feeling those will eventually be banned on most servers.

Headshots = death

Its cool when you play single player. Your squad talks to you via headset, just like XBL.

Ummm, you can see whos talking in a game, their name pops up in corner.

THe team that actually talks to each other, usually wins. (as in most XBL games)

Team survival owns you.

You can tweak kit restrictions, you can even disable thermal vision etc.

No there arent any heart beat detectors. =[

Sound really helps, because you can hear footsteps.

And dont be a fully auto noob. I watched someone dump a whole clip down a narrow hall and miss my teammate.

When you are eliminated, you can spectate from 1st person and 3rd person. Kick ass!

When the host changes maps, it reloads the lobby. Which is pretty cool. Because once a map is loaded, you dont have to load it up every round.

Press X to ready up.

You dont need to hold the white button to talk

The host can reserve slots for friends, kick people, and launch the game.

Ummm dont forget to download the garage map, as chaotic mentioned.

i only played one single player mission, besides the manditory training mission, and i can already see the replay value. (you can also take these missions online, its so awesome.)

Hmm anything else......Oh yeah, me and chaotic already own.

l Maximus l
10-29-2003, 01:56 AM
Man...I'm drooling, though, I'm not too pumped up about the requirement of a kick ass server connection. Why can't more games utilize bandwidth more efficiently like MotoGP and Crimson? :watchout:

Chaotic
10-29-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Hmm anything else......Oh yeah, me and chaotic already own.

Ain't this the truth.. How many time's was it 3-1 and we ended up winning it for the team :rofl:

Chaotic
10-29-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Man...I'm drooling, though, I'm not too pumped up about the requirement of a kick ass server connection. Why can't more games utilize bandwidth more efficiently like MotoGP and Crimson? :watchout:

Actually most games i played really didn't lag. The only time they lagged was when someone with a crappy connection joined the game.

Oh btw i didn't see this mentioned, you can also join a game in progress and the host doesn't have to end the game for you to join :)

Casper
10-29-2003, 06:16 AM
Dam it, I'm off on Friday, but getting a tooth pulled, so I'll be able to play - MAYBE - once I take the ice packs off. I'll get this game tonight I think, hopefully, and I'll start sharing the uber connection ;)

RudedogX
10-29-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
Dam it, I'm off on Friday, but getting a tooth pulled, so I'll be able to play - MAYBE - once I take the ice packs off. I'll get this game tonight I think, hopefully, and I'll start sharing the uber connection ;)
You damn well better!:cuss:

Sheeyt
10-29-2003, 07:52 AM
The game is, in a word amazing. I played the SP training level lastnight and I played CO-OP with 4 people on LIVE. That was the most fun I'd had playing COop in a long time. Even with 4 human players on COop we still got owned by the terrorists. It's not easy by any means. But the realism and need to communicate with your team adds so much to the play. Also when playing COop online you still hear the "mission briefer" give you orders through your headset, as to all the other players. I don't remember if anyone mentioned this or not but I noticed this neat little detail lastnight. When I was standing next to a buddy and he was talking to me the characters mouth in the game actually moves. Well I hope to play more tonight but I think my wife and I will be busy playing Hunter The Reckoning: Redeemer!

Chaotic
10-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by TheRightIsRight
when playing COop online you still hear the "mission briefer" give you orders through your headset, as to all the other players.

When JJax and I were playing co-op this was one of the features i loved. The voice is extremely clear and the voice sounds realistic as if your commander was actually a real human player.

Casper
10-29-2003, 08:28 AM

When JJax and I were playing co-op this was one of the features i loved. The voice is extremely clear and the voice sounds realistic as if your commander was actually a real human player.

SWEET! Now I get to finally put the dual earpiece headset from E3 to use :D

Dirty DeStrO
10-29-2003, 08:29 AM
This game sounds like the new hotness ... I am picking mine up on my lunch break and should be home by 5 and feelin the love. Hopefully alot of people will be on tonight ... should be the ish.
Thanks for the first impressions guys ... you know we were all itching for it. You lucky mofo's

Chaotic
10-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Dirty DeStrO
This game sounds like the new hotness ... I am picking mine up on my lunch break and should be home by 5 and feelin the love. Hopefully alot of people will be on tonight ... should be the ish.
Thanks for the first impressions guys ... you know we were all itching for it. You lucky mofo's

The live experience is once again as hot as it was when we first played the orginal GR maybe even hotter. I'm sure there will be tons of people on tonight. :cheers:

Sheeyt
10-29-2003, 08:56 AM
The game seems to be EXTREMELY polished. I'm so loving this game compared to the old RS style. The preplanning, waypoints and all that hubbub seemed to tedious. I love the "on-the-fly" commands. Thank goodness they scrapped that old style for us Xboxers.

Chaotic
10-29-2003, 10:17 AM
The game seems to be EXTREMELY polished. I'm so loving this game compared to the old RS style. The preplanning, waypoints and all that hubbub seemed to tedious. I love the "on-the-fly" commands. Thank goodness they scrapped that old style for us Xboxers.

yea no kidding, i hate that crap. It honestly made me never play the game after a few days of playing. I just got sick of setting that crap up.

Sheeyt
10-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Heck I couldn't even understand half that pre planning crap! Good riddence!

Whoopage
10-29-2003, 10:50 AM
crap i hate you all so freaking much...

i just checked my tracking number and mine won't be here till tomorrow nite!!!

i want R63 NOW!

i want to own JJax...:D

Chaotic
10-29-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Whoopage
crap i hate you all so freaking much...

i just checked my tracking number and mine won't be here till tomorrow nite!!!

i want R63 NOW!

i want to own JJax...:D

bwhwhahhaha :rofl:

btw your gonna have to own me first ;)

Sheeyt
10-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Just another tidbit I'll add. IGN gave this game 9.3 out of 10. :cheers:

FragMaster B
10-29-2003, 12:27 PM
Sweeet thread guys! :cheers:

Lots of good info. Drooling for this game... this afternoon is gonna drag, can't wait to get on tonight.

TheRightIsRight,
What's your impression of Hunter so far? The wifie and I just finished D&D and are looking at Hunter. Loved the first one.

Sheeyt
10-29-2003, 12:42 PM
I haven't gotten my hands on Hunter yet. It doesn't come out till today, I'll be picking it up at 5. I'll put some impressions up later tonight! I loved the original.

borka105
10-29-2003, 02:12 PM
please tell me the live menus are nothing like Ghost Recon.....

please.......................

btw, I just got a call and my copy is in, will try to join you guys later tonight.

-borka105

PapaSKooT
10-29-2003, 02:37 PM
See you guys on the 10th! :(

# 1 Stunner
10-29-2003, 02:42 PM
this game is out? dayum...i preordered it..eb didnt call me though:( :( ..looks like ill have to wait for the weekend before i go get it..:(

Cloudkind
10-30-2003, 08:38 AM
I only played a few offline hours.

I was dissapointed, but I know online is where this game is at and will probably never touch the single player stuff again.

Some quick questions.

I still couldn't seem to pick up fallen weapons from the ground. PLEASE tell me I'm missing something.

Are smoke nades in the online game?

SkoalMint
10-30-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Cloudkind
I only played a few offline hours.

I was dissapointed, but I know online is where this game is at and will probably never touch the single player stuff again.

Some quick questions.

I still couldn't seem to pick up fallen weapons from the ground. PLEASE tell me I'm missing something.

Are smoke nades in the online game?

I'm pretty sure you can't pick up fallen weapons.

Smoke grenades are available online.

mattgame
10-30-2003, 09:14 AM
I am trying to wait until Toys R Us gets it on the 31st. You guys are killing me. Question: Could you list 5 games that are better?

Casper
10-30-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by t_howell
I am trying to wait until Toys R Us gets it on the 31st. You guys are killing me. Question: Could you list 5 games that are better?

Halo, ESPN NFL, SSX3 (tied) and um, that's probably it for me....anyone else want to chime in on this?

RudedogX
10-30-2003, 10:07 AM

Halo, ESPN NFL, SSX3 (tied) and um, that's probably it for me....anyone else want to chime in on this? You think ESPN is better than RS3?!?http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/smilie100.gif

Casper
10-30-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
You think ESPN is better than RS3?!?http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/smilie100.gif

So far, but it is the best sports game out...but right now, those are my top 4 games, no matter what the ranking is...so back off stooge :cuss:

Chaotic
10-30-2003, 12:11 PM

Halo, ESPN NFL, SSX3 (tied) and um, that's probably it for me....anyone else want to chime in on this?

Yea, what's wrong with you. :huh:

RS3 is the best game out right now IMO. You can't compare sports games to a FPS.http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/smilie100.gif

But since we are listing favorite games i would have to say.

RS3
Halo
Splinter Cell
Moto GP 2
ESPN Football

CarGuy
10-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Speaking of RS3... is anyone having trouble making the adjustment from GR:IT to RS3?? It used to be if you had a guy in your sights you'd pop a couple in his chest and down he went. Now kills seem to be harder to come by.. How many times have you seen two guys at point blank range each going through a clip before somebody goes down? This must be how lag manifests itself.

Chaotic
10-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy
Speaking of RS3... is anyone having trouble making the adjustment from GR:IT to RS3?? It used to be if you had a guy in your sights you'd pop a couple in his chest and down he went. Now kills seem to be harder to come by.. How many times have you seen two guys at point blank range each going through a clip before somebody goes down? This must be how lag manifests itself.

Yea, it's definatly a lag problem although you barely see lag on good server but that's why it takes forever to kill someone. It's like bullet delay then the guy moves around and it misses.

Bakeman
10-30-2003, 08:12 PM

Is there no preplanning at all, to where you can't go make waypoints?

The PC version of R63: Raven Shield still has the preplanning, but way better then the older games. But you can easily by pass it and use the on the fly commands.

CarGuy
10-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Nope. They took out all the preplanning.

JJaX
10-30-2003, 09:27 PM

Yea, it's definatly a lag problem although you barely see lag on good server but that's why it takes forever to kill someone. It's like bullet delay then the guy moves around and it misses.

Not really, its lack of aim. Because people hold the trigger down and lose control of their guns.

Like i said before, in R6 you can take quite a beating if you dont get shot in the head.

mattgame
10-31-2003, 01:49 PM
I don't know about online but I love the sound of my sniper when it fires. Does everybody else hear the echo? Oh man I love it.:D

CarGuy
10-31-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Not really, its lack of aim. Because people hold the trigger down and lose control of their guns.

Like i said before, in R6 you can take quite a beating if you dont get shot in the head.

I'll say.. I'm doing good about 225 kills - 170 deaths.. But, for example, i came out of a door in old city right behind a dude going down the stairs in the courtyard. I had my G3A3 practically going through his player model and i unloaded about 10 rounds and didnt even see as much as blood on the guy. I did end up killing him though after i reloaded.

Another time the host wasnt playing and his body was still at the spawn point. Me and him were left so i decided to execute him with my .40 cal pistol for everyone watching. I stood behind him and fired a round in the back of his head and he didnt go down:confused: Shot him again and he plopped to the ground..

In conclusion I believe the damage you take is NOT realistic. It seems real enough in campaign mode but i think they arcaded it up for the multi. It's like we have the stats of a player wearing full body armor but the models dont represent that. I'm not complaining, i just expected something different.

P.S. Lag was not a factor. They were both very good servers.

No Fear 23
11-01-2003, 12:30 AM
this game is getting addicting online now. i like it better than RTCW and maybe close to GR. i dont like the campaign too well, i dunno why. i guess online is what makes the game shines