PDA

View Full Version : BattleToads

Uchiha Sasuke
10-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Considering the big M has aquired Rare, you think there is any chance of us seeing a new Battletoads game in the near future. I would love to get back into so butt kickin action with my favorite toad.

Also on another side note. Has anyone ever beaten the original.

From this review I read it sounds impossible. Oh yeah this review is quite humorous

http://www.i-mockery.com/classicgames/detailed.asp?Type=console&ID=758

RudedogX
10-29-2003, 01:07 PM
God I hope not, Battletoads was essentially a rip off of TMNT, and the game was a rip-off of another game (I can't remember what it was called now), but I'd pass either way.

Sheeyt
10-29-2003, 01:23 PM
What??

Battletoads was a rip off of nothing? Granted it was a beat em up, but so many of the games elements where original. The swinging ropes, the speed bikes, the snake pit. How the heck can you fathum this game being a rip off. I would LOVE a new Battletoads game. I still play the original on NES.

GokuX
10-29-2003, 02:16 PM
I think the game had its own originality, at least in the NES incarnation. The SNES version wasn't that great overall and I just don't know if the Battletoads have the sustained appeal that say the Ninja Turtles have. I mean you can cook up a new Turtles game and you'll likely have a decent sized audience gravitate towards it, but BT has been outta the gaming world so long, I just don't know if a new version would be popular. I actually don't think a new version is warranted, but eh I could be wrong.

SiGuy
10-29-2003, 02:19 PM
WHAM! TAKE THAT YOU ****ING BATTLE TOAD! WHAM! AND THAT TOO! WHAM! I ****ING HATE YOU BATTLE TOAD! WHAM! OH YOU WANT MORE? WHAM! BRING IT ON ****ER! WHAM! THERE'S GONNA BE NOTHING LEFT WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU! WHAM! SCREAM FOR ME *****! WHAM! WHAT'S MY NAME? WHAM! **** THIS GAME! Click.

Congratulations. Battle Toads has just made you its *****. How's it feel?

lol I remember this level. I sat there one day and tried to beat this for hours before I got ****ed off and threw my controller at the wall, thus breaking my controller into little tiny controller pieces. Makes me want to get out the good ol' NES and give er another shot.................. or not

Edit- Wow that profanity blocker works well doesn't it ?

RudedogX
10-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Well, I don't remember which version I played, but I remember I got bored with it very quickly and thought it was a ripoff of previous games, so it very well could have been the SNES version.:confused:

Wolfboy_888
10-29-2003, 02:38 PM
that was too funny

Shadow20002
10-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Anyway, the old classic are funny to play but it way to short...

Uchiha Sasuke
10-29-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Anyway, the old classic are funny to play but it way to short...

You beat BattleToads? You must be some sort of god.

Fanboy5000
10-29-2003, 04:55 PM
They'ed better make another Battle Toads.

I loved BT and Double Dragons.

Justus
10-29-2003, 08:01 PM
I remember this game, I had it on Sega Genisis though. Never beat that third level...

RagunCajun
10-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Battletoads was freakin awsome. When i was little i played the hell out of it. And yeah, it was HARD as hell. I was able to beat every level execpt one. The level i cant beat was the one where u hold on to a wheel scooter thingy and u went left, right, up and down and every thing in between. There was no way i could escape that ball. I used game genie to skip that level and i beat the levels after it w/o cheats. The 2nd to last level i think it was was soooo damn hard. U spin arond a cylinder and worked your way to the top....it was so hard cuz u could fall off and die. But damn it was fun. Oh yeah, it was 2 players!!!!

L33t Fl1Pm0d3
10-29-2003, 10:22 PM
I beat it. It wuz hella fun and another reincarnation would get my fifty hard earned cash right out of the gate. Hands down. No matter the reviews. Holla!

DocHoliday78
10-30-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Fanboy5000
They'ed better make another Battle Toads.

I loved BT and Double Dragons.

Right on, DD and BT are on of my favorite nes titles. I must have beated DD a million times but i had to do the two player life trick where you kill the second player and get his lives.

Buccaneer21
10-30-2003, 04:02 AM
Bring back Battletoads and Streets of Rage.

StudioAlex
10-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Streets of Rage is still the best!

If TMNT sells well, I wouldn't be suprised to see updates of SoR, Final Fight, Battletoads, and any others I can't think of right now. Oh wait, Golden Axe. That game was so much fun. I would hope for that one before any others.

JonTheCanuck
10-30-2003, 11:21 AM
haha i remember that game, wayyyy back in the day when i first got my old nintendo system lol, ahh good times. I dont like those arcadie type games tho for xbox

Leo
10-30-2003, 04:03 PM
I have Battletoads ROM and the Genesis Emulator on my PC. I love Battletoads, you think they could make it for Xbox? That would be REALLY NICE! For Genesis Roms go to www.edgeemu.com Register (FREE Registeration) ANd download over 3000 Genesis ROMS, (There is More than that) ! I love old stuff!

spectre187
10-30-2003, 09:18 PM
WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!!!! I POST ABOUT EMULATION AND IT GETS CLOSED, THIS MUTHER****ER POSTS ABOUT EMULATION AND NOTHING HAPPENS! THAT IS JUST ****ED UP...

DocHoliday78
10-30-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by spectre187
WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!!!! I POST ABOUT EMULATION AND IT GETS CLOSED, THIS MUTHER****ER POSTS ABOUT EMULATION AND NOTHING HAPPENS! THAT IS JUST ****ED UP...

Calm down, go buy your midol and drink some warm milk. This thread will probably get closed but no need for you pantys to be in a bundle. Oh and dont be suprised. Its Leo, who knows all the halo 2 release dates:rolleyes:

RagunCajun
10-30-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by ManoWar
Edit- Wow that profanity blocker works well doesn't it ?
Yeah the cursing censor works. But the idiot censor must of havent. I dont know why you are allow to post such crap on these forums. In other words, grow up kid.

JJaX
10-31-2003, 04:24 AM
Battletoads on NES is a classic.

Im one of the few to beat it :p

I warped and junk, on the speeder level. I cant remember.

Anyways, battletoads is due for a comeback. THe SNES games werent that impressive.

spectre187
10-31-2003, 07:02 AM
I'll ignore the two posts trying to get some satisfaction out of being mad because I spoke with "foul language" why don't you guys grow up and understand not everyone speaks the way you do...

anyway...I'm upset that the second I do something "wrong" like post about emulation the thread gets closed, but this guy does it and nothing happens, seems like a double standard...not how it should work...

battletoads was hard, that speeder bike level was IMPOSSIBLE, haha it was decent in my opinion but it wasn't the **** to me, it was originally an arcade game, it could have been so much better if it wasn't a dumbed down arcade "port", not a bad game tho...

JJaX
10-31-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by spectre187
I'll ignore the two posts trying to get some satisfaction out of being mad because I spoke with "foul language" why don't you guys grow up and understand not everyone speaks the way you do...

anyway...I'm upset that the second I do something "wrong" like post about emulation the thread gets closed, but this guy does it and nothing happens, seems like a double standard...not how it should work...

Its just a matter of time. I dont think the mods noticed Leos post. Leo is a tool regardless. He's made threads in regards to finding roms and they were shutdown. I wouldnt be surprised if he got banned this time. Hes gotten more than 3 strikes....

I say ban him....

The Jackal
11-01-2003, 01:55 AM
Battletoads was awesome... beat up a robot and beat the others with his leg... good times.. then had a sweet cross wit double dragon (another classic)... i wish it'd come out on xbox