PDA

View Full Version : Were any of you gonna get a PS2?

Lioness
06-28-2001, 05:23 PM
When I first looked at PS2's advertising,I was thinking "Man,this console kicks ass!I GOTTA buy it!!" But after the whole launch fiasco and the fact that there really aren't many good games on PS2 (You can't live off of graphical enhancements off your PS1 games forever,ya know.) I was glad I didn't have the money for it!I was also considering buying the GC,but that name REALLY turns me off.I wish they could've just called it the Dolphin!

dances with broom sticks
06-28-2001, 06:25 PM
i dont see anything wrong with the ps2, personally i think it has more of a chance of doing good then the xbox. i think the xbox will do better, but the ps2 has the sony name to it which automaticaly makes it more popular. and the only reason it has no games is because developers feel people bought it for the dvd which could very well be the case for the xbox...
for now i will just keep my fingers crossed that the xbox is a hit and i wont have wasted 450 on a crap first try system...

EIGamerzX
06-28-2001, 07:03 PM
Actually the reason Developers don't like Ps2 is because it is harder and more expensive to make games for than almost any other system (And it IS THE HARDEST out of the next gen systems) Xbox Games are made in directx wich almost all developers are familiar with, nearly every pc game (worth playing)is done in directx and xbox will also support open gl wich is what gamecube games are made in, basically it takes less time, less money and less effort to make better games elsewhere.
.....And I was gonna get A ps2 before I heard of XBox now there's no chance in HELL i'm gonna get one now

Lioness
06-28-2001, 08:38 PM
From what I've heard the XBox's price is now $299.

KevinM
06-29-2001, 06:50 AM
I have a PS2. But aside from playing ATV Offroad Fury.. its only other use has been to play a few DVD movies... Now my Dreamcast on the other hand... Good times a plenty on that little white box. *sigh*

dances with broom sticks
06-29-2001, 08:03 AM
oh ok,
thank u for correcting me eric. i always thought that it was because of the dvd but what u said makes more sense. now i dont fear for the xbox at all! YAY!