PDA

View Full Version : Hyped up for Deus Ex?

George89
10-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Is anyone else hyped up for Deus Ex. Its supposed to come out December 2, 2003. It looks really cool, a FPS with RPG elements.

StudioAlex
10-30-2003, 08:37 AM
I am. I'm trying to finish up the first one before I get part 2. It's such an awesome game that I can't imagine what it will be like with modern graphics and physics.

Unfortunately I don't think there are many people hyped for its release. The first game had about 50 game of the year awards and its sales were mediocre. Maybe Xbox owners will demonstrate their good taste and make this one a million seller.

If it is any where near as good as the first, then it is easily the best FP game for the xbox since Halo and until Halo 2.

thrAsher
10-30-2003, 09:54 AM
I'm definitely stoked.

Trento52
10-30-2003, 09:43 PM
I absolutely forgot about this game and it was hyped for quite awhile and now that it is releasing soon nobody knows or maybe do not care but i am definatley going to get it.:cheers:

JediMasterChief
10-31-2003, 08:14 PM
Nah. Actually, I'm not so hyped up about it...unless I win it at the BIG ASS GIVEAWAY at the best Xbox fan site in the world.

George89
10-31-2003, 08:59 PM
With all of the great games coming out this season, a lot of games are not getting recognition. I mean right now, there are so many "A" games that are coming out. This one looks really cool, and as long as its good, i'll get it.

XezekielX
11-03-2003, 08:13 PM
i can't wait for that game! i haven't played the first one but i heard it was awesome

xbox genius
11-03-2003, 08:53 PM
reasons why i cant wait for this game are i never played the first one, i like the rpg elements idea in it, graphics, but i dont like this game cuz of multiplayer, i think all FPS should have multiplayer or all shoooters should have multiplayer...

jhurraw
11-08-2003, 02:56 PM
deleted

sojourner
11-08-2003, 06:24 PM
Lookin forward to this one!:D

Stormlord
11-09-2003, 02:09 PM
I reserved my copy a while ago. :cheers:

Check out the gameplay video. trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_deusex_iw.html)

Hopefully it'll work. If not go to www.gametrailers.com. It'll be on the front page.

StudioAlex
11-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by xbox genius
reasons why i cant wait for this game are i never played the first one, i like the rpg elements idea in it, graphics, but i dont like this game cuz of multiplayer, i think all FPS should have multiplayer or all shoooters should have multiplayer...

If you had played the first one, then you might understand why it wouldn't play well in multiplayer (especially deathmatch). Basically, when you finish the game your character is vastly improved in just about every way from how he started. So everyone playing would likely be at different points in the game, meaning their characters will differ in power. It would be impossible to balance out the different levels people would be at in a free for all. Also, you can gear your character more towards stealth, tech skills, or battle, depending on what upgrades you choose. How would a player who spent his skill points on hacking computer mainframes compete with someone who poured all his points into handguns and explosives?

It just wouldn't work as a deathmatch kind of game. Co-op would work, as it would allows players to develop specific characters whose weaknesses are balanced out by theiur comrades strengths, but that would have to be designed from the ground up.

sojourner
11-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

If you had played the first one, then you might understand why it wouldn't play well in multiplayer (especially deathmatch). Basically, when you finish the game your character is vastly improved in just about every way from how he started. So everyone playing would likely be at different points in the game, meaning their characters will differ in power. It would be impossible to balance out the different levels people would be at in a free for all. Also, you can gear your character more towards stealth, tech skills, or battle, depending on what upgrades you choose. How would a player who spent his skill points on hacking computer mainframes compete with someone who poured all his points into handguns and explosives?

It just wouldn't work as a deathmatch kind of game. Co-op would work, as it would allows players to develop specific characters whose weaknesses are balanced out by theiur comrades strengths, but that would have to be designed from the ground up.

That just about sums it up in a nutshell, once you play the game youll see what hes talkin about. I would recomend this game totally. Imo this game is in a catagory of its own, its an adventure and a thinking mans game . Enjoy!:cheers:

Ruined
11-16-2003, 03:14 PM
I didn't really like the first all too much, so I'm not too stoked for the second one. :confused:

Trento52
11-16-2003, 07:47 PM
The video on the oxm disk looked so cool like a sci fi movie. Is this an exlusive because it looks dam good and that is yet another plus to go buy it.

BunnyRabbit
11-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Heck Yea im looking forard to that game, but that one along with 5 others. Ima need to win a game up on this contest if im going to even get half of this holidays most desirable games. There are just so many out and its hard to pick one over the other. But yeah, Deus Ex looks awesome. Ive heard its very environmentally interactive...HooHah!:p

StudioAlex
11-17-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Trento52
The video on the oxm disk looked so cool like a sci fi movie. Is this an exlusive because it looks dam good and that is yet another plus to go buy it.

It's also available for PC, but as far as consoles, it could only be done on the Xbox so that's the only console you'll see it on.

Conchord
11-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Eye candy...as for the gameplay, no one can really know for sure, and those that do sure arent telling.

mayjachance
11-23-2003, 02:37 AM
Deus Ex is my favourite FPS ever. (I didn't say it was the best:watchout: )
This game will be awesome. I only wish it had online play.

Stormlord
11-23-2003, 02:56 AM
Man the demo is out for PC but I'm having trouble getting it, :( :cry:

Conchord
11-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Stormlord
Man the demo is out for PC but I'm having trouble getting it, :( :cry:

:D got it played it loved it.

thrAsher
11-24-2003, 10:27 AM
http://www.dxinvisiblewar.com/

^^Read the developer diaries, if nothing else. This game is gonna rock.

demonryu
11-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Looks awesome to me, if I had the money I'd buy it when it comes out, but I'm broke right now.

Doom3_
12-06-2003, 03:08 PM
The question isn't woho is but who isn't.