PDA

View Full Version : Top Spin, no widescreen! NOOOOO!

Cloudkind
10-30-2003, 08:49 AM
So far I really like the game.

But there is no widescreen support!!!!

Usually games that don't support widescreen don't look that bad.

But in this game all the players REALLY look chunky.

I give a big BOOOO! to the developers for not adding the feature. Making widescreen users suffer.

Is it really too much to ask to have widescreen a standard option in this day and age?

Yankeez
10-30-2003, 10:27 AM
ya that does kinda suck but since u have the game i wanna ask you

is it better than virtua tennis not just graphics wise but gameplay?

dances with broom sticks
10-30-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Yankeez
ya that does kinda suck but since u have the game i wanna ask you

is it better than virtua tennis not just graphics wise but gameplay?

Is anything better then virtua tennis? :D

It is a really good game. I would say its better than virtua tennis, but i have only put in a small time with it so far. It has a learning curve for timing on certain shots, but there are the basics there, so its easy to pick up and play or spend time and master.

Shadow20002
10-30-2003, 10:55 AM
So just play it at normal resolution !!! ;)

Yankeez
10-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
So just play it at normal resolution !!! ;) '

obviously he has to, but wouldnt you be disappointed if u had a widescreen tv and couldnt play your video games in that format

Bakeman
10-30-2003, 01:52 PM
I sure would be!!!! :cuss:

But I'm mad I don't have a widescreen TV ..

A friend of mine got one just on Monday.. and we both found out something we never knew before..

DVD movies don't come in 16:9 .. atleast none that he has. They are all WIDESCREEN but say this on the back "WIDESCREEN version presented in a "letterbox" widescreen format preserving the "scope" aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition." And some have a weird ratio like 1.85:1.

Anyways sorry for going offtopic.

So far everyone has good things to say about this game. This is the first bad thing. And it's not horrible, but definitly a bummer for widescreen owners.

Cloudkind
10-30-2003, 04:29 PM
NFL Fever 2004 is Widescreen.

Amped 2 is Widescreen.

Why shouldn't Top Spin?

Also, about the DVD widescreen question. I would make sure you are using component cables.

TheStall
10-30-2003, 04:42 PM
No, he's right about the Widescreen movies thing. You still get black bars, they are just THINNER black bars.

Bakeman
10-30-2003, 07:24 PM
That is strange that the other MS Sports titles have widescreen and Top Spin doesn't.

Yeah I made a topic about the DVD Movies. Lynxfx was helpful with lots of info.

George89
10-30-2003, 08:29 PM
I play games on normal resolution, but widescreen is good just in case i play on a wide screen tv.

borka105
10-30-2003, 08:51 PM
let me say this, I kept my dreamcast just for virtua tennis and virtua tennis 2k2............... BUT

without a doubt in my mind, Top Spin is 10x better than Virtua Tennis.

why?

because the game is so much deeper. You now have to really strategize because each button on the controller represents a different shot.

Plus, now the serve is a big part of the game. In virtua tennis the serve was meaningless, but in Top Spin you actually can get aces..... and a good serve will carry you a long way.

finally........ LIVE!!!

do I need to say more.........? I've had the game for 2 days and I've already put in a good 4 hours and am having a blast.

-borka105

Bakeman
10-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by borka105
let me say this, I kept my dreamcast just for virtua tennis and virtua tennis 2k2............... BUT

without a doubt in my mind, Top Spin is 10x better than Virtua Tennis.

why?

because the game is so much deeper. You now have to really strategize because each button on the controller represents a different shot.

Plus, now the serve is a big part of the game. In virtua tennis the serve was meaningless, but in Top Spin you actually can get aces..... and a good serve will carry you a long way.

finally........ LIVE!!!

do I need to say more.........? I've had the game for 2 days and I've already put in a good 4 hours and am having a blast.

-borka105

****** man stop!!! AHHHH I want this game so bad. I'm gonna have to use my free Nov. rental at Hollywood video so I can play.

Cloudkind
10-31-2003, 11:46 AM
Top Spin is GOOD stuff.

My only complaints are:

Long loading times, yuck!

No widecreen.

After a game both players get bumped off and have to start a new game? WTF?

Did Mechassalt teach us nothing?

That music while you're waiting for someone to join:yikes:

l Maximus l
10-31-2003, 10:07 PM
No widescreen support?

Screw that, dudes...I won't even look at the game on my HDTV...if I played at the regular aspect ration 4:3 on my HDTV, I'll have two sidebars and that's bad because that could burn into the screen. I say....no thanks.

Maybe the sequal, but, no way I'll get this one.

The Jackal
11-01-2003, 01:45 AM
whaaaaaaat.... come on.. what's with them slackin over there... i was pumped bout this game but now i'm questioning gettin it