PDA

View Full Version : Amped 2

thegamepeddler
10-30-2003, 01:04 PM
I got it yesterday. It's been changed slightly. The rail system is different, plus there are lip tricks now, and the butter system of course to link tricks. I thought that might turn the game into one mindless combofest like Tony Hawk 3, but butter turns out to be too difficult and slows your boarder down too much to do it down the whole mountain. Still feels very realistic like the first. The graphics are better, there are a ton more modes and challenges and things to do. It's like Amped on speed.

ffight2
10-30-2003, 01:36 PM
What kind of music does it have,and can you play your custom soundtracks?

Yankeez
10-30-2003, 03:21 PM
im pretty sure u can use ur own soundtracks

Spies
10-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Have you had chance to try it over XBC yet? If so are both boarders racing at once or is it like a time trial turn based thing?

thegamepeddler
10-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by ffight2
What kind of music does it have,and can you play your custom soundtracks?

have you been under a rock? Soundtrack control is the thing that makes the entire series stand out.

The game comes with 300 indie tracks.

thegamepeddler
10-30-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Spies
Have you had chance to try it over XBC yet? If so are both boarders racing at once or is it like a time trial turn based thing?

No. I have XBL, sooo....

But I did play 2 player on one machine, and you do race simultaneously this time instead of taking turns like in the first one.

Trento52
10-30-2003, 06:27 PM
i didn't find out for a while but the first one also has custom sountracks.

Ugunnalose
10-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Hey i just picked this game up and i think its awesome. went on live that was frieken awesome. send me a friend invite if u guys wanna ride on xbox live. gamertag= Ugunnalose

Evil_Dr_Beefy
10-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Wow, 300 tracks....that's cool....i must admit...amped 2 looks really good....I don't think you can make a bad snowboarding game.;)

ramprider0
10-31-2003, 03:14 AM
Wow I really have wanted to play Amped but forgot about it! Now that two is out should I just get two or do I really need to get the first one to understand the second one?

thegamepeddler
10-31-2003, 10:44 AM
You'd be better off avoiding the first one because of the different rail system. There are also lip tricks and manuals that werent present in the first iteration. Lastly, the style points system changes the game quite a bit as well.

But, you know, after you're comfortable with #2, I'd still pick up Amped because it has some pretty decent runs.

mattgame
10-31-2003, 11:17 AM
From what I gather, this game is not that good. Could someone elaborate?

Ugunnalose
10-31-2003, 05:21 PM
its good trust me its good. and if u have live its like twice as good

JediMasterChief
10-31-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure about buying. I have the first one, but it's not the best game ever. There aren't too many improvements over the original...just that Xbox LIVE capability has been added.

l Maximus l
10-31-2003, 08:04 PM
I am a die hard fan of the first one...and I'm definately picking up Amped 2...no doubt about it!!!

I just have to wait a couple weeks, unfortunately :eek:

skorp
10-31-2003, 08:37 PM
ooooohhhh ssooooooo prettay..... sooooooo prettay....

:cheers:

thegamepeddler
10-31-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
There aren't too many improvements over the original...just that Xbox LIVE capability has been added.

This is just flat out wrong. Nearly ever facet of the game has changed or been improved. Combine the new rails system with the butter system, and the style point system, and you wind up with a different game. This is not to mention all the new modes and challenges, plus simultaneous multiplayer on the same box. Then again you might know this if you actually owned it.

l Maximus l
10-31-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by thegamepeddler

This is just flat out wrong. Nearly ever facet of the game has changed or been improved. Combine the new rails system with the butter system, and the style point system, and you wind up with a different game. This is not to mention all the new modes and challenges, plus simultaneous multiplayer on the same box. Then again you might know this if you actually owned it.

Is it possible to have guests on XBox Live? In other words, can more than one person play on the same XBox when accessing XBL?

No Fear 23
11-01-2003, 12:20 AM
so, minus xbox live for amped 2, is SSX tricky better than amped 2?

ïpëxï1
11-01-2003, 12:26 AM
yea i heard it was a lot like ssx, but good

AmpedRider
11-01-2003, 08:42 AM
amped 2 f***in rocks. What could be better than riding down a mountain on live talking about snowboarding and not being able to smoke a bowl up the lift:D That was one funny ass game.

Aeroflux
11-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Just HOW different is the rail system? I have vivid memories of doing all sorts of buggy things when it came to grinding. Couldn't go through a single game without seeing a twisted bug spin my character like a blender and spit em' out in some random direction. :cuss:

What types of Live modes are there?

thegamepeddler
11-01-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Is it possible to have guests on XBox Live? In other words, can more than one person play on the same XBox when accessing XBL?

I dont believe so. I didn't see any menu option for it.

thegamepeddler
11-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Aeroflux
Just HOW different is the rail system? I have vivid memories of doing all sorts of buggy things when it came to grinding. Couldn't go through a single game without seeing a twisted bug spin my character like a blender and spit em' out in some random direction.

Balance has been moved off the triggers and onto the left thumbstick. Hence you can no longer spin on a rail. In addition you can't get away with spinning into a jib as easily, because if you keep your thumb on the stick when you hit the rail, you instantly throw yourself off balance. Same goes with exiting rails.

MerimacHamwich
11-01-2003, 02:26 PM
gamepeddler, I dunno if you just haven't looked at the instruction booklet, or didn't do the tutorial or maybe aren't good at games or maybe just don't know real snowboarding so you can't translate it into a game, but there are some incorrect rumours you are spreading here. Well, one....

You can spin on rails, and even do more rail tricks than in the last version. You spin and tweak slides with the L and R triggers. They basically took the sliding system from Transworld Snowboarding and improved upon it, which is amazing. It is a VERY well thought out rail system. You can do everything from boned out nose slides to 5-0's.

As for the comparison to SSX, give me a break. SSX is a super arcadey RACING game. It basically has NOTHING to do with snowboarding except for the fact that most of the time you are attached to one. Amped is the snowboarding game for snowboarders. Even playing on Live is just like having a session with a couple buds on the local hill. This game is amazing. Soo much better than the first, and the first was great. I can say without hyperbole that Amped 2 is the penultimate snowboarding game to date. It takes the best things from all real snowboarding games, including Amped 1 and improves upon them 10 fold. I especially like the added style gauge and photo shoot runs.

It goes like this, if you don't really care for snowboarding, but love racing and arcade craziness, get SSX. If you love snowboarding, there is no other game to get but Amped 2. If you are having any doubts Maxy, forget them. I had uber-doubts about Amped 2. Just like gamepeddler I thought it was going to be turned into Tony Hawk, boy was I wrong. They managed to keep it Amped.

Well, those are my initial impressions at least. Thus far I have plaed about an hour of Live and completely beat the first mountain, almost the second. I beat the first contest and have unlocked Laax 1 as well.
:cheers:

Spies
11-01-2003, 02:44 PM
I dont know about you but in amped you feel much more connected with the boarder, instead of stupid 2 button combo's in ssx3 that makes you character do all kindsa extraordinary stuff amped requires real skill to pull of the tricks and combo's sucessively.

thegamepeddler
11-02-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
gamepeddler, I dunno if you just haven't looked at the instruction booklet, or didn't do the tutorial or maybe aren't good at games or maybe just don't know real snowboarding so you can't translate it into a game, but there are some incorrect rumours you are spreading here. Well, one....

You can spin on rails, and even do more rail tricks than in the last version. You spin and tweak slides with the L and R triggers. They basically took the sliding system from Transworld Snowboarding and improved upon it, which is amazing. It is a VERY well thought out rail system. You can do everything from boned out nose slides to 5-0's.

I skipped all that **** since I've had Amped since it came out, and figured #2 would play the same. Thanks for the tip.

Aeroflux
11-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Well then... that answers all but one of my questions. What are the online modes? I'm hoping for something more than deathmatch.

canadianboi3
11-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Crap! I completely forgot about this game. There are so many Xbox games on my Christmas wish-list this year. How does the XBL work? Lots of people online? How about XSN? Oh I wish I could afford it.

mattgame
11-03-2003, 08:53 AM
I saw SSX3 on a demo. It looked pretty damn good.

bretman1234
11-03-2003, 09:31 AM
I was thinking about getting this game. I love snowboarding, and I love video games, so its a perfect fit. Are the live features any good? Are they alot like tony hawk? Also, are the graphics any good?