PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable content sucks !!

trabucles
10-31-2003, 05:57 PM
yeah its nice havin new maps or whatever, but after certain time they stop creatin new maps.. i just got 3 maps for Brute force, game which is like 6 or more months old.. they should add 1 map at least every month..

Unreal is the same case, just downloaded all the maps, when they are releasin new ones?

maximan00
10-31-2003, 06:14 PM
stop your whinning. If your so disappointed with the downloadable content on the xbox, sell it and buy a PS2. Then you will have NO downloadable content.

Nameless
10-31-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by trabucles
yeah its nice havin new maps or whatever, but after certain time they stop creatin new maps.. i just got 3 maps for Brute force, game which is like 6 or more months old.. they should add 1 map at least every month..

Unreal is the same case, just downloaded all the maps, when they are releasin new ones?

Your sig is annoying as hell...

CarGuy
10-31-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Nameless

Your sig is annoying as hell...

AGREED:cuss:

Shadow20002
10-31-2003, 06:35 PM
I think you should post in the graphic forum if you want to show off your sig. :p

l Maximus l
10-31-2003, 08:07 PM
Man...I have never seen someone complain about downloadable content..... :eek:

If a game is multi-platform and XBox has downloadable content, isn't that better even if it's only one additional map?

skorp
10-31-2003, 08:07 PM

I'm confused... I understand you want the best from the best...

But its better than what the others (PS and Gamecube games)are providing...

It's all good!:cheers:

Chumley
10-31-2003, 11:46 PM
how can d/l content be bad? new levels, characters, guns, updates? u gotta love it

The Jackal
11-01-2003, 01:43 AM
yeah... uh damn them continuing to give you upgrades and levels on a game after you buy it.... it'd be way better if it was like before where you got what you paid for... an dyou gotta understand they want you to get tired of a game after awhile so you buy another one... if you keep improving a game why would someone want to get another one.... man youd be a bad business man

Bakeman
11-01-2003, 04:35 AM
the only thing I don't like about download content is ESPN DOESN"T USE IT!!! GRRRR

Espn NFL ... I downloaded the new rosters.. but you can't use them online!! GRR that totally blows!!!

I play my friend a few nights a week and play usually 3 games each night. I would really like to have as close to the current roster as possible with my 49ers.

But Download content itself does not suck.

trabucles
11-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
I think you should post in the graphic forum if you want to show off your sig. :p
I didnt post on the graphic forum cuz i dont want to show off my sig, I just wanted to talk about the small amount of downloadble content on live.

Its well known that Brute Force was the most over rated game these year, at least they could add more missions or dm maps for makin this game a little bit better.

I didnt bought a ps2 cuz its old, I got first my xbox, and then a GC. I love Xbox Live but it doesnt fill my expectatives as a full life gamer.

Chumley
11-01-2003, 10:25 AM
I disagree... I think there is a lot of d/l content out... Lots of games use it, and lots of non online games use it too...
Hey its better than before live!

bobby9989
11-01-2003, 10:36 AM

Actually in upcoming games for the PS2 you can download content. With Sonys new HDD. Some of the games are SOCOM II, Syphon Filter: Omega Strain and FFXI. More also but those are the big ones.

Casper
11-01-2003, 12:18 PM
DC content is free (with XBL) - if you want to get greedy about something's free then go ahead and ruin it for the rest of us and ask for it to be charged. That way, the developer's can work their ass off for something they aren't getting right now - an extra fee back from the subscriber's to compensate for their work.

Aeroflux
11-01-2003, 01:26 PM
I don't believe D/L content will be considered inclusive to the XBox experience until the content actually continues the story or expands the world. We have yet to see this fully realized. True Fantasy Live might be the first though.

trabucles
11-01-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
DC content is free (with XBL) - if you want to get greedy about something's free then go ahead and ruin it for the rest of us and ask for it to be charged. That way, the developer's can work their ass off for something they aren't getting right now - an extra fee back from the subscriber's to compensate for their work.

I paid for my xbox live service (online games and downloadable content), so Im not getting anything free.

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Actually casper they plan to start charging for downloadable content *plans to shoot all bungie employees if they sell the halo 2 downloadable content*

George89
11-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Would you rather have no downloadable content at all?!:watchout:

GunnyCruz
11-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Downloading NEW content is the BEST thing that has been added to games besides ONLINE play...

CC-CRC
11-01-2003, 05:44 PM

I paid for my xbox live service (online games and downloadable content), so Im not getting anything free.

No.... You Paided For 12 Months of Service To Xbox Live. The Downloadable content, is free from the 49.99 if you keep *****ing about how there not enought stuff... rember the devolopers are doing this for free.. making new boards and such. So if you want more, they'll do more but start charging for it. Do you wanna be charged $5 to get a new Brute Force level. I dont think so.

bobby9989
11-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Yea. The first thing that Microsoft will charge you extra for is for the upcoming DDR: Ultramix. Its called a premium download. Its supposed to feature awhole lot more songs.

JJaX
11-01-2003, 06:54 PM

Go play in traffic

Shadow20002
11-01-2003, 07:50 PM
I think they gonna release too much new things about in only a game, how about they gonna make a sequel or something like that ?

Chumley
11-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
I think they gonna release too much new things about in only a game, how about they gonna make a sequel or something like that ?

:huh:

JJaX
11-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Chumley

:huh:

English is his second language. I didnt get that post either.

Oh well...

ATK007
11-01-2003, 08:01 PM
i can't wait for the KOTOR stuff

Robert112
11-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Mechassualt downloads suck too