PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd Anniversary Of Xbox Thread

JediMasterChief
10-31-2003, 09:25 PM
Here you are free to post whatever you wish about Xbox. How long you've had it, your predictions for the future of Xbox, and how it has affected your life.

Plus refer to this as the 2nd Anniversary of Xbox, because it is. This thread should at least last until November 15th 2003.

JediMasterChief
10-31-2003, 09:28 PM
As for me:

I've had my Xbox since Christmas of 2001. A lot has happened since and the games on Xbox have affected my life greatly.

For me, the Xbox is not just a video game console. It is a companion. A companion, who is always there. A companion, who brings tons of entertainment. A companion, who everyone should have.

The Xbox will still be a powerful and popular console for several years. After that, it will be the Xbox's successor...probably Xbox 2...which will be even better.

Chumley
10-31-2003, 09:36 PM
I've had xbox since the wonderful day it came out... It has basically just been a way for me to play the best game ver created, HALO... Don't get me wrong there are some other great games on it, but Halo is my life, and Halo2 is my future...

Variation-XBA
10-31-2003, 09:36 PM
Had it since day 1 and dont have a single regret... Hope it does much better next year with the HUGE titles due out :)

LONG LIVE XBOX! :D

George89
10-31-2003, 09:48 PM
I have had my XBOX since December 2001 and I am very happy with it:D

George89
10-31-2003, 09:50 PM
...and I will probably keep it untill the day (probably in 2006) or later when I get XBOX 2

l Maximus l
10-31-2003, 09:55 PM
I have owned XBox since launch...though, my first one fried (May it rest in peace), I ran straight out and got a new one!

In a wierd and twisted, yet, pleasant way, XBox actually has improved my life :D

Yankeez
10-31-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
As for me:

For me, the Xbox is not just a video game console. It is a companion. A companion, who is always there. A companion, who brings tons of entertainment. A companion, who everyone should have.

im sorry that sounds really pathetic......do u have any friends? and do u ever go out?:eek:

BananaMan
11-01-2003, 03:21 AM
For me:

I've had my Xbox since the first day it come out.

The predictions for the future is xbox going a loooong way and soon becoming better than ps2 ( I think it already is) then xbox 2 coming out.

JediMasterChief
11-01-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Yankeez

im sorry that sounds really pathetic......do u have any friends? and do u ever go out?:eek:

I was being sarcasting. You don't have to get all hyped up about it. In other words, I was using personification to add human attributes to the Xbox.

Buccaneer21
11-01-2003, 01:12 PM
I got my Xbox on midnight the day it came out, but unfortunately my launch system is on life support and hardly ever works. I have already had it repaired once. Guess it's time to get a new one.:cry:

LTM360
11-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Got mine Dec. 2001, alot of games have come and gone. My Xbox has all the cool features (xbox live what else??). And it hasnt failed me yet (exluding about 5 DDEs). Ill keep it past Xbox 2, it was the first so I've gotta keep it.

Shadow20002
11-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Since launch of Xbox here...very happy with it and hopefully get more great time with before Xbox Next !! :cool:

Hero
11-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief

I was being sarcasting. You don't have to get all hyped up about it. In other words, I was using personification to add human attributes to the Xbox.

i knew what you were talking about jediMaster :cheers:

any hoot,

for me it was the between ps2 or xbox..after some deliberations and everyone telling me to get a ps2..i fought the masses and went with my gut feeling...pleased to say:

i got the xbox along with halo, a year after launch..during thanksgiving...since then i have successfully shown the light to four other people about the power of the X.

JediMasterChief
11-02-2003, 01:57 AM
You made the right choice. Xbox is the best!

Quidditch_King
11-02-2003, 02:35 AM
well, unlike all you guys. I recieved my xbox about......um....3 weeks ago. Already i find myself being totally indulged in its potential. My DSL and how it works in my room is really whack, so i havent even been able to access xbox live. Any ways, let me tell you, Xbox is a great item to own, i dont regret a single cent of it and i cant wait to continue. Entertainment is an understatment. Its more like ecstasy :watchout: yep you heard me.

The future of XBOX....well, once EA's contract is up with Sony, they will make games for the Xbox live, without a doubt. Then xbox will monopolize the market and the rest is history.

Except however for PC Online RPGs..but eventually we will get those too.

MeDjai-XBC
11-06-2003, 04:01 PM
k

No Fear 23
11-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by MeDjai-XBC
k

:rolleyes:

well, i got mine last year in janurary and havnet had any problems with it yet. just cant wait for all the great games coming out :cheers:

ColdStone
11-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Got mine for Christmas 2002. It was a total surprise. Thought me and my bro would have to share his PS2. He got his PS2, and I got my Xbox with Halo and Medal of Honor.

Its been a good gaming consol, and has even gotten better since this summer when I got KOTOR, and now Novmeber with Morrowind GOTY.

Snoopy7548
11-06-2003, 04:26 PM
i bought my xbox the day it came out (i got it right after school) and i bought a 2nd controller, halo, pgr, and doa3 with it. my xbox has never had any problems (except for a few dirty disc errors).:)

DocHoliday78
11-06-2003, 06:17 PM
I have had mine since launch and won one from taco bell which i sold.

George89
11-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by MeDjai-XBC
k

Is it just me or do you respond with "k" a lot (not that that matters, but just asking)? Anyway it seems a lot of people here got xbox in 2001 and just became members here (like me) I visited this site awhile back, but I never became a member untill late September.:D :D :) :D

JediMasterChief
11-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Yeah, same here.

I got my Xbox in December 2001, as I already said. I came to XBA even before that...often. But I decided to join only in January. And I've been here every since. (Note: JediMasterChief is a new username I created for myself).