PDA

View Full Version : Xbox is worth the wait

Wolf1171
12-26-2001, 02:12 PM
Well Christmas finally came and I could open up the Xbox that I bought on November 19th (I didn't know I had the willpower to last this long). I didn't even get to play all day because of the family coming to dinner and me having to cook 2 turkeys. The kids played DOA3 and PGR all day until put them to bed around 10pm and put in Halo for the 1st time.

OMG!!!!!!

Words cannot express the joy I had when playing Halo for the 1st time. The controls took a few minutes to get used to and then I was off. Killing and Killing and even more Killing. If Halo isn't game of the year, I can't think of a more deserving title.

I also have Madden, and Oddworld (haven't even opened yet)

I am very happy about my decision for the Xbox, my kids also have a N64 and Dreamcast, but the XBOX is all mine (mine I tell you!).

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year (If you need me I will be playing HALO)

Ninja Scroll
12-26-2001, 02:41 PM
YO dude, im happy for you. Yeah the controls take everyone sometime to get used too.
Halo is the f'n sh*t man!!!
Also good to see you plug Dreamcast in your post!:D
Long live DC!!!

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 02:47 PM
Reading your post reminds me of how I feel every day that I have time to play my XBox :D Just so you know, the feeling doesn't go away after a couple months go by! Well, maybe it's only a month and a half...but, still!!!

Happy killing :D

Ninja Scroll
12-26-2001, 02:47 PM
Oh yeah, almost forgot!
Yur right, if Halo is not Game Of The Year in every magazine, newspaper, or gaming internet site im gonna katana cut all does hoe's yo!
As many in this forum know, Ninja hates FPS! But this game is in a league of it's own.
Just the music from the title screens gets me sooo freakin pumped up alone!

HALO IS GOD!

Wolf1171
12-26-2001, 09:18 PM
Well, my head hurts from playing HALO all day. Can't think of a better way to spend my vacation (don't have to go back to work until next Wed.) Hehe!!!!

Frostberg
12-26-2001, 09:52 PM
You know whats sad...gamespy and their best games of the year for the xbox...They make no sense on some of these...this baffles me...

Ok DoA3 is the best fighting game of the year, makes sense...
The sports game of the year is SSX Tricky...the runner up is NFL Fever...it should of been first!
The racing game of the year is PGR, nice call...
The Action game of the year is Halo, well duh!

TURN FLAMES FOR GAMESPY ON NOW!!!

And the game of the year is...Madden 2002! WTF!? No way this port is the game of the year...It doesnt make sense. We all know Halo is but heres what I dont get...If SSX tricky is the best sports game and Fever is the second best sports game...how come Madden the sports game is the game of the year?? If Fever was named the best football game, because it was the runner up in the whole sports game catagory, how does Madden, this bad football game beat out the runner up, and even the winner of the sports games?? I hope you understood that, but the bottom line is that I cant see ANYONE who would think Madden deserves game of the year. Halo all the way! But Fever placed higher than Madden, how can this be...aargg...I encourage everyone to write letters to gamespy!