PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Revisited

JediMasterChief
11-01-2003, 04:57 AM
I decided to make a thread completly dedicated to Morrowind. This thread applies to both the original Morrowind and the GotY edition of Morrowind.

Here, you can post literaly anything you want on Morrowind...but it must be related to it. What is your favorite location? Your favorite race? Which weapons do you prefer to use? Or even questions like why you enjoyed playing Morrowind? Or why you didn't? Even post questions that you have about the game or hints that you need? If you found any cool stuff in Morrowind, then post it here! Even make predictions or suggestions for future Elder Scrolls games...Elder Scrolls IV!

JediMasterChief
11-01-2003, 05:00 AM
Well then, as for me. Morrowind is probably one of the better games I have on Xbox and I enjoyed playing it very much.

My favorite location is probably the town of Balmora. It isn't too big, but it isn't too small. Plus it has everything you need. I like to use all sorts of weapons and ammo.

I hope that Elder Scrolls IV comes out and I hope that it comes out for Xbox. But I think that we will have to wait for at least another 3 or 4 years. If another Elder Scrolls game were made, then improvements would be made to it beyond our imagination. There is still much to explore in the Empire of Tamriel and its world.

StudioAlex
11-01-2003, 07:21 AM
I would like to see some multiplayer, over a lan or something like that.

Also, more diverse dialogue. Once your character is famous (or infamous), everyone should treat you differently, not speaking to you the same way they did when you stepped off the boat.

I would also like to see the npcs conduct lives of their own, a la Shenmue. It seems silly for them to be kicking around the exact same place for twenty four hours a day.

Horses would be nice.

And finally (drumroll please):

No bugs. They should hold back the game for a year if that's how long it takes to fix the bugs.

armyof_one/ltd
11-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Well my favorite race is the nords cuz they have the best standards, weakness to nothing.

I am a Thief and my favorite weapon is the short blade.

My favorite town is caldera cuz it is really peaceful and not as big as for me to get lost *cough*Vivec!*cough*
The one place I hatethe most is Gnisis cause at the beginningI saw it in the map and thought it would be sunny and that it would look happy but after almost killing myself in the journey I found out that It was just a dump land for Orcs.

By the way how do I get to erase those "?" of the info list that apppears with the stuff like cryodillic brandy

JediMasterChief
11-02-2003, 02:02 AM
For StudioAlex, multiplayer in an Elder Scrolls game would suck. The good thing about them is that they are offline. If you want an online RPG, there are many of them there. But horses would be cool. It would also be cool if you could control an army and use large weapons, such as catapults.

As for armyof_one/ltd, Caldera is a nice place. My character is a Nord and my favorite weapon is the Nordic Claymore...oh I just love the "cling" of it.

StudioAlex
11-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
For StudioAlex, multiplayer in an Elder Scrolls game would suck. The good thing about them is that they are offline. If you want an online RPG, there are many of them there. But horses would be cool. It would also be cool if you could control an army and use large weapons, such as catapults.

I'm not talking about it being an mmorpg. I'm talking about playing with one or two buddies on a lan. It wouldn't "suck."

thrAsher
11-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by armyof_one/ltd
By the way how do I get to erase those "?" of the info list that apppears with the stuff like cryodillic brandy
army: you need to either train @ a Mage's Guild w/ someone who can teach you Alchemy, or you need to practice trying to make potions w/ regents (plants and animal parts) to raise your Alchemy skill. It takes a while, but the more you practice making potions, and the more you train, eventually you can open up successive tiers (the '?'s) to discover different regents'/ingredients' properties.

Note, you will need at least a Mortar and Pestle to begin, and the Alembic, Calcinator, and (oh god, what is that called?)...anyway, you'll want to get all four of the potion-making items eventually.

Shadow20002
11-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Morrowind GOTY is out right ? :)

JediMasterChief
11-03-2003, 08:35 AM
As far as I know, the GotY edition of Morrowind is out or if not...it will be out very soon.

MeDjai-XBC
11-06-2003, 04:14 PM
the game never ends