PDA

View Full Version : Twin Snakes exclusive?



The Xbox Mafia
11-01-2003, 03:19 PM
I am a major Mgs fan and I was crushed when I found out that Twin Snakes will be cumming out on the Game Cube, and i just wonderd is it likely it will be coming out on the all mighty xbox.:hail:

Chumley
11-01-2003, 03:25 PM
I also heard that twin snakes was not gonna be on xbox... but now worries we got tom clancy splinter cell pandora tomorrow...

The Xbox Mafia
11-01-2003, 03:29 PM
But how long until that comes out on the GC or PS2.

Shadow20002
11-01-2003, 03:52 PM
hehhe... your avatar is cool Xbox Mafia.

By the way, Twins Snakes is exclusive for GC.

The Xbox Mafia
11-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Noooooo!!!:cry:. Cheers about the avatar though :) its from MJ moonwalker on the Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis) if you didnt know.

VenoM
11-01-2003, 04:52 PM
metal gear solid twin snakes is exclusive for the gamecube...its not a time exclusive either...its an exclusive exclusive...not being ported to ps2 or xbox....its being developed by silicon knights (not konami) which is pretty much a nintendo developer now.....something like what rare use to be for nintendo....and the reason the game is gonna be made is thanks to Shigeru Miyamoto asking Hideo Kojima for a metal gear game on the gamecube which Kojima was very intrested in making happen anyways...so there both working togrther with the folks over at silicon knights....so its safe to say this game isnt gonna be anywhere else except on the cube thus having another reason to buy a cube :p

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Even when splinter cell pandora is ported to the other systems... What does it matter? The graphics will be so freakin' crappy on the PS2 I wouldn't touch it with a 6 meter pole.

Chumley
11-01-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa
Even when splinter cell pandora is ported to the other systems... What does it matter? The graphics will be so freakin' crappy on the PS2 I wouldn't touch it with a 6 meter pole.

lmao

not even worth trying to port an xbox game to a "lesser" system...

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
so its safe to say this game isnt gonna be anywhere else except on the cube thus having another reason to buy a cube :p

So along with Smash Brothers and Zelda... That makes 3? Wow, they ARE going for the big time!

VenoM
11-01-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa


So along with Smash Brothers and Zelda... That makes 3? Wow, they ARE going for the big time!

you forgot.....

metroid prime
metroid prime 2
eternal darkness
phantasy star online 3
mario kart double dash
resident evil
resident evil 0
resident evil 4
viewtiful joe
pilotwings
final fantasy crystal chronicles
ikaruga
star fox
star fox 2
killer 7
super monke ball
super monkey ball 2
super monkey ball 3
mario sunshine
f-zero gx
pikmin
pikmin 2
starwars rogue leader rogue squadron 2
starwars rogue leader rogue squadron 3
the next zelda


and im sure theres a few more top notch games i missed that are GC exclusive.....so :rolleyes:

George89
11-01-2003, 05:46 PM
For some reason I dont think Twin Snakes will sell extrememly well on Gamecube. Most titles that are aimed at an older audience dont sell well on Gamecube, thats probably why so many multiplatform games arent appearing on the cube.

Chumley
11-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Man, I couldn't imagine playing a shooter (espicially a FPS, which this isn't but still...) w/ that stupid GC controller... That stupid yellow joystick is oh so small...

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by VenoM


you forgot.....

metroid prime
metroid prime 2
eternal darkness
phantasy star online 3
mario kart double dash
resident evil
resident evil 0
resident evil 4
viewtiful joe
pilotwings
final fantasy crystal chronicles
ikaruga
star fox
star fox 2
killer 7
super monke ball
super monkey ball 2
super monkey ball 3
mario sunshine
f-zero gx
pikmin
pikmin 2
starwars rogue leader rogue squadron 2
starwars rogue leader rogue squadron 3
the next zelda


and im sure theres a few more top notch games i missed that are GC exclusive.....so :rolleyes:

http://www.angelfire.com/moon/h2oismileys/poop.gif

star fox for gamecube sucked, pikmin sucked, mario sunshine? dont get me started kid. Resident evil and metroid prime were the most overrated games I've ever played. The only game from that list I would even consider is f-zero gx. If you want to get into up-and-coming games, though, perhaps you'd like to hear from me:

Halo 2 (try me)
Doom 3
Ninja Gaiden
Project Gotham 2
Splinter Cell Pandora
Counter Strike
Fable
GTA Double Pack
Sega GT online
Starcraft: Ghost
Unreal II: The awakening
Thief III

You just messed with the Xbox fanboy, what have you gotten yourself into?

VenoM
11-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by George89
For some reason I dont think Twin Snakes will sell extrememly well on Gamecube. Most titles that are aimed at an older audience dont sell well on Gamecube, thats probably why so many multiplatform games arent appearing on the cube.

yes thats why soul calibur 2 on gamecube had the best sales compared to the xbox and ps2 version :rolleyes:

StudioAlex
11-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
metal gear solid twin snakes is exclusive for the gamecube...its not a time exclusive either...its an exclusive exclusive...not being ported to ps2 or xbox....its being developed by silicon knights (not konami) which is pretty much a nintendo developer now.....something like what rare use to be for nintendo....and the reason the game is gonna be made is thanks to Shigeru Miyamoto asking Hideo Kojima for a metal gear game on the gamecube which Kojima was very intrested in making happen anyways...so there both working togrther with the folks over at silicon knights....so its safe to say this game isnt gonna be anywhere else except on the cube thus having another reason to buy a cube :p

I wouldn't be so sure. Resident Evil: Code Veronica was actually made by Sega, but it got ported by Capcom to the PS2 anyway. Never underestimate a publisher's greed. I

I'm sure there's nothing that says konami can't port the game if they want to, at least eventually. Remember the "exclusivity" of the GTA and Splinter Cell series?

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 05:57 PM
You just contradicted yourself. The Gamecube version was aimed at the younger audience. Perhaps you didn't notice yourself playing as Link? Go back and check the sales of Resident Evil vs Halo and then tell me adult games sell on GC.

StudioAlex
11-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by VenoM


yes thats why soul calibur 2 on gamecube had the best sales compared to the xbox and ps2 version :rolleyes:

Are you sure about that? Before your eyes roll back into your skull, you might want to check those sales figures. I can't say for certsain but I'm pretty sure the PS2 outsold the other versions by a wide margin. I'll see if I can find the data.

VenoM
11-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa


http://www.angelfire.com/moon/h2oismileys/poop.gif

star fox for gamecube sucked, pikmin sucked, mario sunshine? dont get me started kid. Resident evil and metroid prime were the most overrated games I've ever played. The only game from that list I would even consider is f-zero gx. If you want to get into up-and-coming games, though, perhaps you'd like to hear from me:

Halo 2 (try me)
Doom 3
Ninja Gaiden
Project Gotham 2
Splinter Cell Pandora
Counter Strike
Fable
GTA Double Pack
Sega GT online
Starcraft: Ghost
Unreal II: The awakening
Thief III

You just messed with the Xbox fanboy, what have you gotten yourself into?

kid?? :rofl: dont make me laugh im older then you buddy.....and before you say games suck please go play them....pikmin did not suck nor did mario sunshine.....if you dont wish to play them go read the reviews on them.....mario, pikmin, starfox have gotten great reviews....and resident evil and metroid were superb....and im sure you never played them either and yes i love the xbox and that is an immpressive list of games except for that pos gta which you wanna talk about over rated? that game is garbage and isnt even exclusive...and counter strike,doom 3,starcraft ghost , unreal II, thief III, splinter cell pandora tomorrow are not exclusive titles....i can play those games on my pc (except for starcraft ghost) and just in case you didnt know starcraft ghost and splinter cell pandora tomorrow are gonna be on the cube as well :rolleyes: kind of feel bad for fanboys...there missing out on some great gaming on all the platforms :(

VenoM
11-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex


I wouldn't be so sure. Resident Evil: Code Veronica was actually made by Sega, but it got ported by Capcom to the PS2 anyway. Never underestimate a publisher's greed. I

I'm sure there's nothing that says konami can't port the game if they want to, at least eventually. Remember the "exclusivity" of the GTA and Splinter Cell series?

again...its not being made by konami! its being made by silicon knights which only make GC games now..so its not going anywhere and plus knowing Shigeru Miyamoto has something to do with it is proof enough the game will only be on the cube

StudioAlex
11-01-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by VenoM


again...its not being made by konami! its being made by silicon knights which only make GC games now..so its not going anywhere and plus knowing Shigeru Miyamoto has something to do with it is proof enough the game will only be on the cube

Konami is publishing the game, though. Aren't they? IGN seems to think so...
http://cube.ign.com/objects/535/535845.html

Konami owns this game, they can do whatever they want with it.

VenoM
11-01-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa
You just contradicted yourself. The Gamecube version was aimed at the younger audience. Perhaps you didn't notice yourself playing as Link? Go back and check the sales of Resident Evil vs Halo and then tell me adult games sell on GC.

yes zelda is a very kiddie game.....any "little kid" can beat zelda.....and how is one character in the game turn it into a so called kiddie game?...are you saying the GC version was kiddie?

and come on....halo and resident evil are to very different games....your comparing sales between the first person shooter genre and survival horror genre....fps's are more popular of course they sale more

VenoM
11-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex


Konami is publishing the game, though. Aren't they? IGN seems to think so...
http://cube.ign.com/objects/535/535845.html

Konami owns this game, they can do whatever they want with it.

only reason its konami is cause Hideo Kojima.....i cant see a game being made by silicon knights (only develops nintendo games) with the help of nintendo god Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima being made for another system....especially when it was Shigeru Miyamoto idea in the first place to try to bring the metal gear solid series to the cube

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 06:35 PM
No, I'm comparing sales in games aimed at adults. Didn't you see me say that?

StudioAlex
11-01-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by VenoM


only reason its konami is cause Hideo Kojima.....i cant see a game being made by silicon knights (only develops nintendo games) with the help of nintendo god Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima being made for another system....especially when it was Shigeru Miyamoto idea in the first place to try to bring the metal gear solid series to the cube

All I'm saying is Sega developed RE:CV for Capcom to get a successful franchise on their ailing system, and a year later it ended up on PS2.

None of us can say for certain what konami will do with the game. I can see it coming out as a value priced game a year or so later after the new MGS.

Miyamoto had the idea because he needs to make money for his company. It wasn't like he drew up some demo and "sold" it to Kojima. They were probably at a bar, eating sushi off of some chick's belly, when Miyamoto leaned over and said "Hey brother, how about some love?"
To which Kojima replied, "It's cool, dawg."

VenoM
11-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa
No, I'm comparing sales in games aimed at adults. Didn't you see me say that?

the fact is soul calibur 2 was never aimed at a younger audience....they chose link because he went well with the series having a sword and all.....it had nothing to do with aiming the game to a younger audience

on a side note im glad theres no faces here at XBA welcome aboard :cheers:

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Because it went well with the game? Where'd you get that from? Your ass? They picked Link because that would boost the GC sales by %500 because all the link fanboys would just have to have it. They didn't pick spawn or that PS2 dude because they went with the series, they picked them because they are popular characters and nothing more. Stop talking, it makes you look stupid.

VenoM
11-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex


All I'm saying is Sega developed RE:CV for Capcom to get a successful franchise on their ailing system, and a year later it ended up on PS2.

None of us can say for certain what konami will do with the game. I can see it coming out as a value priced game a year or so later after the new MGS.

Miyamoto had the idea because he needs to make money for his company. It wasn't like he drew up some demo and "sold" it to Kojima. They were probably at a bar, eating sushi off of some chick's belly, when Miyamoto leaned over and said "Hey brother, how about some love?"
To which Kojima replied, "It's cool, dawg."


its like nintendo helping konami make a game for other systems if its ported...thats how weird it is if it went multiplatform....it will never happen unless nintendo wants to make other systems make money

StudioAlex
11-01-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by VenoM



its like nintendo helping konami make a game for other systems if its ported...thats how weird it is if it went multiplatform....it will never happen unless nintendo wants to make other systems make money

Someday, they will, when they get their crap together. I can't wait for the day when Nintendo worries just about games, and not hardware.

VenoM
11-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa
Because it went well with the game? Where'd you get that from? Your ass? They picked Link because that would boost the GC sales by %500 because all the link fanboys would just have to have it. They didn't pick spawn or that PS2 dude because they went with the series, they picked them because they are popular characters and nothing more. Stop talking, it makes you look stupid.

the people at namco had to pick out an exclusive character for each system....you tell me who would of made a better character on the cube beside link? .....mario? donkey kong? samus? they chose him cause he fits very well within the series and the reason they picked spawn for xbox is cause there was noone exclusive to xbox that would of fit in the series very well...by your retarded logic i guess they should of picked master chief since it would of sold more xbox versions of soul calibur 2 ,correct? it wasnt just to boast sales....nintendo just had the best character for the job unlike xbox...which spawn has nothing to do with the xbox......do you understand?

VenoM
11-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex


Someday, they will, when they get their crap together. I can't wait for the day when Nintendo worries just about games, and not hardware.

dont know...i enjoy nintendo's stuff and systems and many people that grew up playing there stuff in the 80's do to....hope they dont go 3rd party but if they do (which i doubt) then i just hope its only for xbox :D

MerimacHamwich
11-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

I would narrow that down to
you forgot.....

eternal darknessGive it a rent[color]
viewtiful joe [color=red]Give it a rent
pilotwingsGive it a rent
final fantasy crystal chroniclesGive it a rent
ikarugaGive it a rent
star foxGive it a rent
star fox 2Give it a rent
killer 7Give it a rent
starwars rogue leader rogue squadron 2Give it a rent
starwars rogue leader rogue squadron 3Give it a rent

and im sure theres a few more top notch games i missed that are GC exclusive.....so :rolleyes:
I can honestly say there are no must buys on the gamecube for me as of right now, and in the future.

VenoM
11-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex


Are you sure about that? Before your eyes roll back into your skull, you might want to check those sales figures. I can't say for certsain but I'm pretty sure the PS2 outsold the other versions by a wide margin. I'll see if I can find the data.

the ps2 version actually sold less then the xbox version...gc comes in 1st while xbox 2nd in sales i believe

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

which spawn has nothing to do with the xbox......do you understand?
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/spawn/index.html
I really suggest you stop talking.

VenoM
11-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/spawn/index.html
I really suggest you stop talking.

now tell me something.....is that crappy spawn game an xbox exclusive? NO ..........so why did namco use spawn? because xbox had no exclusive characters that would fit in the soul calibur series and cause Todd McFarlane (creator of spawn) helped namco come up with some of the new soul calibur 2 characters so he said "what the hell xbox doesnt have any characters that would fit the bill so i'll throw in my creation" SPAWN .........and do you understand what exclusive means? the character spawn is not exclusive to microsoft and he has never been made popular on xbox thus he has nothing to do with xbox really