PDA

View Full Version : SSX 3 or Amped 2

The Xbox Mafia
11-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Either way Im getting one of them but I just wanted to know your views on this one. I f you can try to give a reason...even if its a tiny bit lame:)

The Jackal
11-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Amped 2... more realistic even with the *** kickflip crap it's got now and it's online

Shadow20002
11-01-2003, 03:31 PM
If you have enough, get both of them. :p

Chumley
11-01-2003, 03:36 PM
If your only gonna get one, then amped2 would be mind... With its online play and XSN sports...

Liquid Gears
11-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by The Xbox Mafia
Either way Im getting one of them but I just wanted to know your views on this one. I f you can try to give a reason...even if its a tiny bit lame:)

Amped 2 buddy. Come on, this game was one of the most popular games for the XBox on Launch. It's been a long time since Amped one came out and I still love the game.

I can tell your into the whole "individual sports" games like I am.

For example: Snowboarding, Surfing, Skateboarding, Snowboarding games.

I'm all about those games as well. Trust me man, SSX 3 can't compete against Amped 2. There's no freaking way.

Plus, Amped 2 has XBox Live compatability.

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 04:03 PM
Amped all the way, why settle for multi-platform graphics when you can have Xbox exclusive graphics? Besides, SSX is just too cartoony.

MerimacHamwich
11-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Amped = Snowboarding
SSX = Arcade Racing

-edit-
The Jackal, I can't believe you don't know what snowskating is. After all the talk on these boards that has gone on about it. Including my crib. Geeze. Snowskating is a part of the snowboard culture. It's super cool they added it in as a sorta side thing you can do for fun.

kenji
11-01-2003, 04:23 PM
If you want a realistic game, get Amped 2. But if you want a fun and hard game, get SSX 3. I would go with SSX because I don't have Xbox Live and I perfer fun and relaxed games over reaistic games.

George89
11-01-2003, 04:25 PM
I prefer SSX because it has more fast and fluid gameplay. The tricks are cool and the jumps are big:D

Chumley
11-01-2003, 04:28 PM
and I don't buy EA games until they decide to support xbox live...

maximan00
11-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by George89
I prefer SSX because it has more fast and fluid gameplay. The tricks are cool and the jumps are big:D

Im with George on this one. This is exactly why I bought SSX over Amped. I used to get pretty aggravated with the original amped. It just seems that I never got into it. SSX 3 is an awesome game. I highly recommend it.

l Maximus l
11-01-2003, 09:13 PM
The original Amped is my second favorite XBox game of all time. I'll be getting Amped 2 in roughly 2 weeks. And yes, I like the original Amped even over Rainbow Six: 3 which I absolutely love. Amped 2 is expected to be a solid title...and, if you ask me, yes, it is much more realistic than SSX3, however, the game is crazy nutz far more than it is serious!

XBox Live and XSN sports compatible...the game is already HUGE! I can't wait to get it, but, I have to...otherwise I'll have to fork out an additional $30.

Highlite23
11-01-2003, 10:52 PM
Well I think this is a night and day comparison. As stated, Amped is more of a snowboarding "Sim", and SSX3 is an arcade style snowboarding game.

So I guess it depends on what you like.

Ugunnalose
11-01-2003, 10:54 PM
get amped 2 even if u dont have live get it and if u do you must get amped 2

Trento52
11-02-2003, 01:42 AM
amped 2

TheCovenant
11-02-2003, 02:55 AM
okay, i say amped 2.

your own soundtrack, live , and superior graphics and gameplay (gameplay one is opionative), i say amped 2.

+like maximus said, amped isnt hyper realistic, it like,still has its arcade snese too it...... kind of like tony hawk like you can grind anything.

Like, like, like, like, like............................

Hero
11-02-2003, 04:20 AM
amped 2 for all of the above reasons

althought i did see a kool commercial for ssx3. but the fact that amped2 has live with the custom sound tracks gives it a ton of replay value.

DocHoliday78
11-02-2003, 05:18 AM
The online ability that is supported by Amped makes it the instant winner. That adds replay value that cant be matched with ssx's gameplay no matter how good it is.

Spies
11-02-2003, 08:09 AM
Even before I voted I knew which would be leading the poll. Amped 2 is just vastly supirior to SSX3. Regardless of Amped 2 being more realistic I still find it more fun than SSX3, everything about it is just better. And it's an XBOX exclusive :D

Casper
11-02-2003, 10:44 AM
Well, guess I'm in the majority here, but I'll stake my case anyways.

SSX3 is as cartoony as the previous editions. The peaks are downright gorgeous, the characters are top knotch and it's FAST - something that Amped never was. I had Amped and Tricky last year and returned Amped in 2 weeks because I just couldn't stand how long it took to get down the hill compared to SSX.

In SSX3 - you can now go all over the hill. If you don't want to do a race or big hill competition, you can just simply board around and try and do some of the big challenges, while getting money in the meantime to get new equipment or up your attributes. The uber tricks ( which you can now do on rails) aren't as limited as they were before either, while you can buy some new ones with enough cash also. Yes, there isn't a soundtrack feature ,which sucks, but hell, the tracks that are on there (RHCP, N.E.R.D., Swollen Members, etc.) are awesome and I think they did an outstanding job on this game....even though it is EA.

thegamepeddler
11-02-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm already partial to the Amped series, so of course I'm going to say Amped 2. However, any extreme sport game on Xbox that doesnt support custom soundtracks is automatically disqualified from purchase, in my opinion. So, if SSX3 doesnt have them, it's out against any title.

xBoXGaMeR2002
11-02-2003, 10:58 AM
I'd go for Amped 2. The graphics are realistic and the its online.!

MerimacHamwich
11-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
SSX3 is as cartoony as the previous editions. The peaks are downright gorgeous, the characters are top knotch and it's FAST - something that Amped never was. I had Amped and Tricky last year and returned Amped in 2 weeks because I just couldn't stand how long it took to get down the hill compared to SSX.
Well the graphics, I can say, are definetly better in Amped 2 than SSX. Even Amped had better graphics than the previous SSX games.

Amped isn't a racing game either, which is why you don't want to go super fake fast. Snowboarding isn't about racing at all. Also, Amped is way more "open" than any iteration of SSX I have ever played. Which goes with the territory. Amped is a game about freestyle exploration. Creativity and style are rewarded. Amped is all about the snowboarding experience. SSX is all about making a super exaggerated racing game, with a snowboard to add the "extreme" element.

kenji
11-02-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

Also, Amped is way more "open" than any iteration of SSX I have ever played. Which goes with the territory. Amped is a game about freestyle exploration.Have you played SSX 3? I have yet to play Amped 2, but I was suprised how "open" some of the courses in SSX 3 were.
Creativity and style are rewarded.And they aren't in SSX 3?

RichVGS
11-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Still undecided. The deciding factor will be custom soundtracks. I haven't heard if Amped 2 will have that feature, but I know the SSX 3 doesn't.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-02-2003, 05:30 PM
I like SSX 3,...had more fun with it than amped 2......Sometimes , i think the only reason amped gets so much play is because it's the only snowboard game on xbox live....it's very easy to defend the only online snowboarding game you got.....:watchout: :watchout:

MerimacHamwich
11-02-2003, 05:38 PM
As far as I know, SSX is all about racing. You may do tricks, but only to increase the speed of your racer. Not my type of game. I stated before why I like it. Basically its the closest you can get to snowboarding (the culture as well as the sport) without actually doing it in real life. When playing on live its like sessioning with friends in real life. Its just awesome.

Amped 2 does have custom soundtrack support. However, with the DVD holding 300 songs, I dunno why anyone would want to use their own soundtracks anyway.

Casper
11-02-2003, 09:13 PM
As far as I know, SSX is all about racing. You may do tricks, but only to increase the speed of your racer.

Like I stated in my earlier post, they expanded it so it's not just all about races, but there is a huge open-endness to the game now. You can pick 6 different spots on a peak and then go down it trying out the challenges or just freestyling. You might want to actually give it a rent, but I doubt you will since you're so stuck on Amped.

Liquid Gears
11-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Amped = Snowboarding
SSX = Arcade Racing

-edit-
The Jackal, I can't believe you don't know what snowskating is. After all the talk on these boards that has gone on about it. Including my crib. Geeze. Snowskating is a part of the snowboard culture. It's super cool they added it in as a sorta side thing you can do for fun.

Explain to me, when did he ever say he didn't know what it was?

All he said was he didn't like the kickflips.

MerimacHamwich
11-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Liquid, the context in which he said "even with the *** kickflip crap it's got now " leads one to believe that he thinks that you are kickflipping skateboards. At least it did to me.

Casper, I didn't get that from your post. I might try it one day. However, past experiences with SSX have tainted the series to me forever. If I play it, I will be in a mindset to find something wrong with it anyway, and force myself not to like it. Even if there is a chance I will like it.