PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Warrior Makes His Comeback !!

Hero
11-01-2003, 05:49 PM
i thought for all this was kool especially for the old skool wrestling fans..

Wrestling fans around the world will finally have their long-held dream answered, as Ultimate Warrior, one of the most popular, beloved wrestlers in the history of professional wrestling, is returning to the ring. Acclaim today announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Ultimate Warrior to appear in Legends of Wrestling: SHOWDOWN, which is currently under development with Acclaim Studios Austin and scheduled for release in April 2004...

source (http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi/article/EpyZupEEplakqrAJkG/tmpl/xxt_zc_template/prof/dev)

StudioAlex
11-01-2003, 05:54 PM
I just hope they get his entrance right. Runs down the aisle like coal is up his ass, chases opponent out of the ring, shakes ropes for ten minutes...

classic

WrathfulPoppa
11-01-2003, 05:58 PM
I just hope these kids grow up. Professional wrestling is fake. And don't give me that "its entertainment" crap. If you say sweaty men rubbing all over each other, laying on top of each other, and grabbing each others crotches is entertainment, your a flamer, and thats that.

BigJosh359
11-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa
I just hope these kids grow up. Professional wrestling is fake. And don't give me that "its entertainment" crap. If you say sweaty men rubbing all over each other, laying on top of each other, and grabbing each others crotches is entertainment, your a flamer, and thats that.

Obviously, you havent seen wrestling in a while.

http://www.l-a-g.com/babes/stacy.jpg

This is why i watch. :)

Nameless
11-01-2003, 07:43 PM
I just hope these kids grow up. Professional wrestling is fake. And don't give me that its entertainment crap. If you say sweaty men rubbing all over each other, laying on top of each other, and grabbing each others crotches is entertainment, your a flamer, and thats that.
No way! Wrestling is fake? Holy ****! Does...does that mean Halo is fake, or video games in general? Does that mean most movies are fake? Does that mean most TV shows are fake? Does that mean in order for something to be entertaining it has to real? Wrestling's not all fake either, sure the winners are predetermined, but I'm sure falling off of a cage, through a table and onto concrete doesn't feel peachy ;).

Btw, when I see people call other people "flamers" because they watch wrestling, I think there is something more wrong with you. Your obviously not comfortable in your sexuality if you think watching wrestling makes you ***.

Maybe you should grow bud ;).

Chumley
11-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Nameless

No way! Wrestling is fake? Holy ****! Does...does that mean Halo is fake, or video games in general? Does that mean most movies are fake? Does that mean most TV shows are fake? Does that mean in order for something to be entertaining it has to real? Wrestling's not all fake either, sure the winners are predetermined, but I'm sure falling off of a cage, through a table and onto concrete doesn't feel peachy ;).

Btw, when I see people call other people "flamers" because they watch wrestling, I think there is something more wrong with you. Your obviously not comfortable in your sexuality if you think watching wrestling makes you ***.

Maybe you should grow bud ;).

hah i couldn't have said it better myself... good call on that

Highlite23
11-01-2003, 11:06 PM
A flamer for watching wrestling............now, I'm not a big fan of the "Sport", but come on.:eek:

Yankeez
11-02-2003, 12:15 AM
same reason as josh :)

http://www.myimgs.com/data/Yankeez/WWE.jpg

X-Fan
11-02-2003, 03:16 AM
i watch for this:
http://www.scaryrecords.com/stacykeibler/stacykeibler.jpg

Hero
11-02-2003, 03:53 AM
i watch it because i think

..sweaty men rubbing all over each other, laying on top of each other, and grabbing each others crotches is entertainment

the girls are okay too i guess

DIGITAL
11-02-2003, 06:36 AM
i hope this game is better then the past ones

SnoochyBoochy
11-02-2003, 07:38 AM
I agree that the legends of wrestling games have been terrible. uggh... Anyway I've watched wrestling ever since I was like, 3. But lately I've kinda lost interest... Goldberg is the only good wrestler in the WWE.

Anyway my prediction is that this game will be horrible just like the other LOW games.

DIGITAL
11-02-2003, 08:20 AM
kurt Angle is the best dammm wrestler period,he can out wrestle Goldberg any day.an i think this game will suck as bad as the past ones

StudioAlex
11-02-2003, 11:08 AM

I'd say that it's because I have grown up that I look forward to a game that features wrestlers from when I was a little kid and was really into it. Just because wrestling seems silly now (I agree comepletely) doesn't mean a game wouldn't be fun to play.

And it's not about an alternative life style choice, it's about wanting to do your dad :)

lllSmokelll
11-02-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
kurt Angle is the best dammm wrestler period,he can out wrestle Goldberg any day.an i think this game will suck as bad as the past ones
Goldberg isnt a wrestler, hes a football player, Kurt was an olympic gold medalist, o...and its scripted so u cant say who would win, Vince has that say :)

WrathfulPoppa
11-02-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

I'd say that it's because I have grown up that I look forward to a game that features wrestlers from when I was a little kid and was really into it. Just because wrestling seems silly now (I agree comepletely) doesn't mean a game wouldn't be fun to play.

And it's not about an alternative life style choice, it's about wanting to do your dad :)

I'm not saying the game won't be fun, I remember that wrestling game that was on N64 where you could do the 2-player combos. That was a fun game, its just that he said this:

Originally posted by StudioAlex

Wrestling fans around the world will finally have their long-held dream answered, as Ultimate Warrior, one of the most popular, beloved wrestlers in the history of professional wrestling, is returning to the ring.

If your long held "dream" is to play a game with your "beloved" wrestler, then thats sad. And about all the other comments towards me, I never said there was anything wrong with watching the women, its the people that run around in Goldberg t-shirts screaming "WOOOO!" at innocent bystanders, talk in third person like the rock, and argue about who the best wrestler is (even though its pre-staged) that I think are sad. And thats that.

RichVGS
11-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Speaking as a wrestlng fan, I'm not happy to hear about Ultimate Warrior being in Legends of Wrestling. He was just another one of those goofy concepts that caused people to totally look down on pro wresting (mind you that he was just one of hundreds of reasons people don't like watching anymore). Besides, wasn't there like seven different guys wearing the Warrior makeup? Which one will get the royalty check for the game?

Slowride
11-02-2003, 05:14 PM
tatonka! legion of doom! the rockers! ultimate warrior! hulk hogan! sid vicious! Mr. Perfect! Lex Luger! million dollar man! arny anderson! big boss man! earthquake! typhoon! it's vader....it's vader...it's vader time!!!! undertaker! 123 kid! steiner brothers! rick flair! i hated flair but if he got you in the figure four you were done for.....unless you rolled over which reversed the move. old school wrestling rocks. I haven't watched in a looonnnnggggg time however....just grew out of it like most people. but a game w/the old guys would be cool. I was gonna get the first legends of wrestling but everything i read said it wasn't worth it....

remember the coffin match with ultimate warrior and the undertaker? warrior was in the coffin, he was done for for sure. but then....as undertaker closes it slowly the warrior who'd been limp forever thrusts up his arm and keeps him from closing it. Complete warrior dominations ensues.

Nameless
11-02-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by TheVertigoEdge
Speaking as a wrestlng fan, I'm not happy to hear about Ultimate Warrior being in Legends of Wrestling. He was just another one of those goofy concepts that caused people to totally look down on pro wresting (mind you that he was just one of hundreds of reasons people don't like watching anymore). Besides, wasn't there like seven different guys wearing the Warrior makeup? Which one will get the royalty check for the game?
Dude during the time of the Ultimate Warrior wrestling was gimmick central...and out of all of them his was one of the better gimmicks.

Cottrau
11-02-2003, 05:18 PM
i never understood... how come when he was shakin the ropes like diabetic, why didn't the other guy just go under the ring, grab a chair, then come back in, and by that time he'll be shakin the top rope, and then he could just crack him in the head... no wait.. someone did that, and then he quit wrestling...

Buccaneer21
11-02-2003, 05:23 PM
His gimmick was fine, now if your talking about The Model Rick Martel that was just wrong lol. With his perfume mister haha.:D

Cottrau
11-02-2003, 05:25 PM
nah, he was the man. The Boston Crab.. no one could beat that. Now... if you don't do sixteen backflips in midair, and land on your neck sideways while reciting the periodic table of elements backwards, and downing 2 beers at once.... it's not a finishing move.

Hero
11-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by ChampTTU
tatonka! legion of doom! the rockers! ultimate warrior! hulk hogan! sid vicious! Mr. Perfect! Lex Luger! million dollar man! arny anderson! big boss man! earthquake! typhoon! it's vader....it's vader...it's vader time!!!! undertaker! 123 kid! steiner brothers! rick flair! i hated flair but if he got you in the figure four you were done for.....unless you rolled over which reversed the move. old school wrestling rocks. I haven't watched in a looonnnnggggg time however....just grew out of it like most people. but a game w/the old guys would be cool. I was gonna get the first legends of wrestling but everything i read said it wasn't worth it....

remember the coffin match with ultimate warrior and the undertaker? warrior was in the coffin, he was done for for sure. but then....as undertaker closes it slowly the warrior who'd been limp forever thrusts up his arm and keeps him from closing it. Complete warrior dominations ensues.

haha..finally someone from my generation :D
i was a fan of the villans back in those days..macho man, mr.perfect, ravashing rick rude, jack the snak, and the million dollar man were my favorites..

the classic ultimate warrior moment was when hulk hogan and ulitimate warrior finally squared off!! ending in a spectacular win for the ultimate warrior.

Slowride
11-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Hero

i was a fan of the villans back in those days..macho man, mr.perfect, ravashing rick rude, jack the snak, and the million dollar man were my favorites..

the classic ultimate warrior moment was when hulk hogan and ulitimate warrior finally squared off!! ending in a spectacular win for the ultimate warrior.

i liked randy savage and jake the snake (i know it was just a typo but i'm sure some of the younger wrestling fans are trying to figure out who and why jack the snak was). And I was a Hulk Hogan fan first and foremost. Ultimate Warrior a close second.

WrathfulPoppa
11-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Jack the snak http://h2ofiles1.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/tongue.gif... at least it rhymes http://h2ofiles1.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/wink.gif

StudioAlex
11-03-2003, 09:56 AM

If your long held "dream" is to play a game with your "beloved" wrestler, then thats sad. And about all the other comments towards me, I never said there was anything wrong with watching the women, its the people that run around in Goldberg t-shirts screaming "WOOOO!" at innocent bystanders, talk in third person like the rock, and argue about who the best wrestler is (even though its pre-staged) that I think are sad. And thats that.

Get your quotes right! I never said what you are responding to here!

StudioAlex
11-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Hero

I can't decide which was more exciting, Wrestlemania 6 where Hogan and UW squared off ( I guess it was supposed to be like the passing of the torch, or something, but apparently Hulkster sucks with money) or 7 where UW and Macho King had their retirement match.

Being a little kid was great. You got so into the matches. I don't watch wrestling any more except for every once in a while when I get dragged to a pay-per-view at BW3's. It's just a completely different beast now, as am I.