PDA

View Full Version : Burned Custom Music On X-box?

stencilboy2000
11-02-2003, 12:38 AM
How do i get my burned cd's that have music on them to work in the x-box

is there a setting i need to change when i burn them

i tried a few and 1 out of like 3 worked

what can i do?

Third Eye
11-02-2003, 01:37 AM
When did you get your xbox? I heard you can use burned discs on the newer models. Can anyone confirm this?

JediMasterChief
11-02-2003, 01:51 AM
D'Oh! I have an older model, like one of the first made Xboxs, since I got it December 2001. However, I've actually never tried it, but some should work. It might depend on the file type of the music.

TheCovenant
11-02-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
D'Oh! I have an older model, like one of the first made Xboxs, since I got it December 2001. However, I've actually never tried it, but some should work. It might depend on the file type of the music.

okay i got a strike for mentioning piracy and my thread got locked for it, so in case frink-XBA rolls around....

In b4 TEH LOXoRz!!11!!!1!!1!!!

Now that i got that out of the way,

the older XBox's dont rip burned CD's, but they do rip CD-RW's. try buying a set of those and your problem should be solved.

you arent supposed to talk about piracy and if this thread doesnt get closed im going to be upset......

Hero
11-02-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Third Eye
When did you get your xbox? I heard you can use burned discs on the newer models. Can anyone confirm this?

i can confirm this...i have an older version that cant download from a burnt cd..but my brothers xbox which he got about two months ago can download from any burnt cd.

bobby9989
11-02-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Third Eye

I got a newer model and it still don't work.

ShannonX
11-02-2003, 09:31 AM
as long as theres no mention of the content on those cd's (where it came from) i'll allow it to stay open. But if anybody starts talking about where they downloaded the music from to burn to the cd, i'll close it.

stencilboy2000
11-02-2003, 10:49 AM
i wont talk about piracy............sorry about that

but i guess that ill try the cd-rw

maybe that will work

ill give it a shot

thanks a lot guys!

StudioAlex
11-02-2003, 11:14 AM
There's no reason to lock this thread down. Sometimes I think the mods over exercise their priviledges...

A lot of music by local bands can only be gotten from a burned CD that they burned themselves so that people would become familiar with their music. I would like to be able to imp[ort these songs but can't because of this poorly thought out feature.

What's the difference between borrowing a CD, ripping from it and returning it and ripping from a burned CD. Both times you are putting something you don't own (yes, I believe it's wrong to steal music) onto your xbox, but one is allowed and the other isn't.

Shadow20002
11-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Just burn like a Audio CD, the Xbox gonna transform it into WMA version.

stencilboy2000
11-02-2003, 05:05 PM
it worked

SWEET!

but why does it matter if its a cd-r or cd-rw

i guess it does have a different file system on the cd

that must be why

ShannonX
11-02-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
There's no reason to lock this thread down. Sometimes I think the mods over exercise their priviledges...

A lot of music by local bands can only be gotten from a burned CD that they burned themselves so that people would become familiar with their music. I would like to be able to imp[ort these songs but can't because of this poorly thought out feature.

What's the difference between borrowing a CD, ripping from it and returning it and ripping from a burned CD. Both times you are putting something you don't own (yes, I believe it's wrong to steal music) onto your xbox, but one is allowed and the other isn't.

like i said, dont talke about where it came from. If its a legal source, then you should haven nothing to worry about. If its illegal, the thread will be closed. You can talk about anything legal as much as you want. Burning legally free music isn't piracy, burning from kazaa most likely is illegal.

plpkb
11-02-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by stencilboy2000
it worked

SWEET!

but why does it matter if its a cd-r or cd-rw

i guess it does have a different file system on the cd

that must be why

Because cd-rws are not the same as cd-rs. CDRWS are darker I think.

canadianboi3
11-02-2003, 11:05 PM
ALRIGHT, I HAVE THE SAME KINDA QUESTION!

Do I burn the CD in a data format (like when you can fit 400 songs on a cd)? Or as an audio cd (typical 17 songs). Any help would be great. I own an older Xbox. Thanks in advance:cheers:

Conchord
11-02-2003, 11:11 PM
I got mine the day I signed on to XBA last christmas...mine doesnt even READ CD-Rs...