PDA

View Full Version : Azurik

Cottrau
11-02-2003, 05:50 PM
I don't know if Azurik counts as an RPG (took me about 100hrs to beat... but it's more an Action RPG to me.. or Action Adventure) but have any of u guys played thisgame? It's pretty cool.. it's kind of a mild blend of Soul Reaver and Zelda 64... It's not a standout title, but it's a fair-good game.. if you like those sort of games, it's pretty fun. It's hella hella hard though.. some puzzles took me a few days to get by...

anyone know if there's any buzz about a sequal?

Shadow20002
11-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Ok, i think you have a little hype about it. I was one also hype about it but base on everything, this game is not what you think. The fighting system is very limited, creatures are only few in the big world. The puzzle are great but some quests you really need a FAQ to beat it. I don't know what Adrenin Games will do a sequel about it.

By the way, what have you done to get 100 hours in this game ? If i remember correctly, it's took me only around 30 hours. :p

Cottrau
11-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002

By the way, what have you done to get 100 hours in this game ? If i remember correctly, it's took me only around 30 hours. :p

see.... but you used the strategy guide.. i figured the stuff out by myself. Games are more rewarding when you figure them out on your own... I only used the FAQ on that one big MUSIC puzzle about 2/3 through the game.. going into that big tree thing with the lights and whatnot. That thing was just impossible....

shapoopy
11-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Ok, i think you have a little hype about it. I was one also hype about it but base on everything, this game is not what you think. The fighting system is very limited, creatures are only few in the big world. The puzzle are great but some quests you really need a FAQ to beat it. I don't know what Adrenin Games will do a sequel about it.

ya agree with ya my 1st i had to choose this or halo and i sadly regret choosin it over hal it's an okay game but u gotta give it time didn't beat and don't want to but what happens at the end

George89
11-06-2003, 07:11 PM
you seriously played this game for 100hours?! I thought you just got XBOX!?

Hugh_Jass
11-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Believe it or not, I dubbed Azurik as the most satisfying XBOX game I've played until KOTOR came along. I loved exploring that world. The puzzles were really fun.

Shadow20002
11-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Cottrau

see.... but you used the strategy guide.. i figured the stuff out by myself. Games are more rewarding when you figure them out on your own... I only used the FAQ on that one big MUSIC puzzle about 2/3 through the game.. going into that big tree thing with the lights and whatnot. That thing was just impossible....

Hmm....you have a little misunderstanding i think. I never use anything to beat a game on console. What the reason to throw 20 bucks to get a strategy guide to beat a worth 40 bucks game ? I'm not that kind. I take really the time to explore everything in the game, search for endless secrets.