PDA

View Full Version : Is crimson skies worth 30 bux?

hiter101
11-02-2003, 11:15 PM
is the game worth it i mean ive herd mixed reviews let me know :cheers:

canadianboi3
11-02-2003, 11:17 PM
From what I've heard, it's amazing, and I asume it would be worth it based on what I've heard. I haven't played yet, but I've heard nothing but good things.

Hunter-Seeker
11-02-2003, 11:46 PM
yes, definitley

shawns20
11-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Awesome game... Luv it. Sngle player is big fun and multiplayer LAN and LIVE is sooooooo sweet !!! Also has up to 4 player split screen play, what more can you ask for. Just get it and fire up the "Wild Chicken"... What a riot game mode !!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cf23b3127cce811dd7e5afc90000001510

:D

Viper87227
11-02-2003, 11:59 PM
We have an Xbox set up in the break room at Target, and we usually snag a copy of all the new games. The manager let us take a copy of crimson skies, and I must say it is definatly worth your $30. I can hardy pry myself away after a short 30 minute break, and I force myself not to play it on a 15 mintue break, i;d never get back on time. Whethar your a fan of flight games or not, this is pure action. Its a blast to play, you will become addicted. With Xbox Live throw into the mix, I cant even fathon the replayability of this game, definatly a must buy

Troy
11-03-2003, 12:57 AM
What are you waiting for?!? Get it!!! I think it's a great deal for $30. You'll get your money's worth and a lot more for that price.

love that picture Shawns20

DocHoliday78
11-03-2003, 01:09 AM
Just stop reading this and go get it right now. Hurry and get your ass on live. That is where the fun is at.

prakeem
11-03-2003, 03:35 AM
I'd like to know where you could get it for $30

Evil_Icon
11-03-2003, 04:59 AM
CC is my second favorite game of all time next to Halo.I love it love it love it!:p

Hero
11-03-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by prakeem
I'd like to know where you could get it for $30

same here man.. i wouldnt mind picking up a copy for 30 bucks.

Matt Freegard
11-03-2003, 05:27 AM
Listen,I don't wanna bust anybodys balls here but I've found a really anoying glitch in split screen or live.If you get into the spare plane,the sound effects drops completly for to lives.It completly ruins the realism of the game.:cry:

Anybody know if there is gonna be a patch to fix this bug?:huh:

Cottrau
11-03-2003, 05:53 AM
i would say that crimson skies is a lot like teletubbies, or the gamecube. It looks like it should be really ***... but then you sit down a minute and try it... and you just get addicted....

BananaMan
11-03-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Matt Freegard
Listen,I don't wanna bust anybodys balls here but I've found a really anoying glitch in split screen or live.If you get into the spare plane,the sound effects drops completly for to lives.It completly ruins the realism of the game.:cry:

Anybody know if there is gonna be a patch to fix this bug?:huh:

and since when was Crimson skies based on realism? i don't belive i've ever seen planes like that

Ito
11-03-2003, 07:09 AM
Haven't played it. But from what I have heard, Yup it is worth it.

George89
11-03-2003, 07:35 AM
I plan on getting it today:) For $30 its an even better deal! Where is it $30 though?!

Tim
11-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Cottrau
i would say that crimson skies is a lot like teletubbies, or the gamecube. It looks like it should be really ***... but then you sit down a minute and try it... and you just get addicted....

LMAO! TELETUBBIES! Takes a real man to admit that! I watched with my niece once (okay, maybe twice.) I hear what you're saying. I think there is something subliminal going on there! :eek:

TOMMY_TROJAN
11-03-2003, 11:00 AM
the game is definitely worth it for $30. Hell, most people thought it was worth it for $50. The single player mode is fun, but i have to admit that i havent been playing much of that because this game is even better on xbox live.

Evil_Icon
11-03-2003, 01:07 PM
BananaMan your sig makes me horny.;)

That little glitch about the sound is not that bad.It goes out every now and then and soon as your killed it comes back and doesn't do it for a while.Doesn't bother me at all especialy since my roomate is playing with me and if my sound dies I still hear his.Besides if your in a room with me and your sound dies it won't take but about 20 seconds for me to kill you then you will get your sound back.;)

Crimson Skies and the Teletubies have nothing similar in comon lol.That has to be the geyest cartoon ever.I was actualy fryed out my mind one morning and watched it.The poor kids that watch that are gona be brain washed and turned into little pansey sissys when they get older lol.:rofl:

Crimson Skies OWNES!

Shadow20002
11-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Hmm...it have just release..where can you get it for 30 bucks ???

MerimacHamwich
11-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Yes its worth 30$. However, I don't like it as much as all of these poeple. The single player seems pretty good, but I absolutely hated the Live play. The lag is pretty freakin horrible, but you don't notice how bad it is until you pick up some health or shoot at an enemy. You will notice that after you fly through some health, it wont register for a second. Same with shooting enemies, sometimes you are just flying along and you start getting damage, from someone that shot you one or two secodns ago. It sucks, hard.

The offline play is pretty good though. Great graphics for the most part too.

WynnFire
11-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Is it worth $30? NO It's worth $50! The game is truly awesome, even if you don't have XBL.

thrAsher
11-03-2003, 04:53 PM
I paid my $50 happily. And after playing through the one-player a couple times (not ALL the way through, yet :cry: ) I have to say this game is a winner. A little bit over-hyped IMHO, but again I've yet to play on Live. Multiplayer is fun, but I can only wonder at the big 8 vs. 8 games.

So, yeah, 30 bones is a steal at the moment.

Evil_Icon
11-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Aww man 8 on 8 DogFight or 16 player FFA or Wild Chicken or Flag Heist is madd chaos and I love it bullets flying everywere.
Owns Owns Owns :cool:

WynnFire
11-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Icon
Aww man 8 on 8 DogFight or 16 player FFA or Wild Chicken or Flag Heist is madd chaos and I love it bullets flying everywere.
Owns Owns Owns :cool:

Lol, very true. That's where the real fun is online. Yesterday I played an 8 on 8 Wild Chicken games for hours. It was fun. Definately found out what plane works best with me and Chicago. Today is my Birthday, hopefully I will get it.

MerimacHamwich
11-03-2003, 06:00 PM
I can't believe you guys like the live play.
:eek:

thrAsher
11-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by WynnFire

Lol, very true. That's where the real fun is online. Yesterday I played an 8 on 8 Wild Chicken games for hours. It was fun. Definately found out what plane works best with me and Chicago. Today is my Birthday, hopefully I will get it.
Hey, Happy Birthday Wynn! Hope you get it, too, man.

:cheers:

Slowride
11-03-2003, 06:31 PM
I'll definetly get this once my xbox live kit arrives

ScottTheKilla
11-03-2003, 06:38 PM
$30? Definately guy...I was renting this game and I liked it so much I bought it from the place i was renting from for $39. Ive only played a little of the single play but Live play is frigin awesome. Lag only happens on huge games with weak networks. Just stay away from that and youre good to go.

Anyone else a star in here? At last check I was ranked about 1100 out of 35,000.

MerimacHamwich
11-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by ScottTheKilla
$30? Definately guy...I was renting this game and I liked it so much I bought it from the place i was renting from for $39. Ive only played a little of the single play but Live play is frigin awesome. Lag only happens on huge games with weak networks. Just stay away from that and youre good to go.

Anyone else a star in here? At last check I was ranked about 1100 out of 35,000.
It happened to me on EVERY single server I connected to. I only detected it after picking up health though. After that I started to notice poeple blowing up a second or two after I stopped shooting them, and me blowing up a second or two after dog fights. Or even just blowing up for no apparent reason.

Oh, and the star means you're an ace.

No Fear 23
11-03-2003, 08:30 PM
i tohught this game was 50$ but if its 30 i would pick it up. right now im trying to save up money for the games i want the most. PGR2 and CS that is. playing RS3, PGR2, and Counterstrike should hold me over till halo 2 comes out

Se7en
11-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Like everyone else said, I think that $30 is definitely worth it... I'm curious to know where you could find it at this price.

Get it already man! Esp if you have live (from what I've heard).

skorp
11-04-2003, 12:47 AM
I think I can add on a unique response....

Yes! Crimson Skies is worth more than 30 bucks.....:D

So where did you say your getting this deal from??....:huh:

hiter101
11-04-2003, 12:50 AM
from my cousin but now that bunghole doesnt wanna sell it :cuss:

dont worry ill beat it off him :cheers:

skorp
11-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by hiter101
from my cousin but now that bunghole doesnt wanna sell it :cuss:

dont worry ill beat it off him :cheers:

I guess your cousin is smart about that... :rofl:

I say beat him!!! j/k :D

:cheers:

DocHoliday78
11-04-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I can't believe you guys like the live play.
:eek:

You sure its not your connection or playing on a poor server. I reember when RTCW first came out i was laggin a little but after i found some good servers it was smooth sailing.

Evil_Icon
11-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ScottTheKilla

I'm ranked 63 out of the 36,000+ xbl online players in CC.;)

MerimacHamwich:
The lag is not that bad.Everybody else receives the same lag so its even anyways.About the planes blowing up around the corner um maybe if your plane got shot to hell it finaly decided to fall apart.In real life it happens.About your plane blowing up out of nowere means you fell victum to a shell gun turent.You have never maned the big ass gun turent (not the machinegun turent)the shell turent?I have shot the living crap out of peeps in one shot from a mile in that thing it rules.:p

ScottTheKilla
11-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Icon

I'm ranked 63 out of the 36,000+ xbl online players in CC.;)

Good lord guy....how often do you play this game?

MerimacHamwich
11-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

You sure its not your connection or playing on a poor server. I reember when RTCW first came out i was laggin a little but after i found some good servers it was smooth sailing.
Yeah dude, I am sure. Every single server I joined was laggy.

Evil, I know about the gun turrets and everything, and you can usually tell when you have been shot by one.

I still stand by what I said. Four days of playing Crimson Skies never weilded different results. Anyhow, I don't have the game anymore, so I can't test the online even if I wanted to, for some odd reason.

My connection is halfway decent by the way. I can host 8 poeple with bots in Unreal Championship with little lag.