PDA

View Full Version : KotOR: The Best Ways of Beating Darth Malak

JediMasterChief
11-03-2003, 08:53 PM
I'm currently at the end of KotOR and at the part where you confront Darth Malak on the viewing platform of the Star Forge. I've already checked several walkthroughs to get tips about beating him, but do any of you guys have any suggestions on the best way for beating Malak? Any tricks or stuff?

kenji
11-03-2003, 10:08 PM
If you are evil, use death field to suck the life out of the Jedi. If not, don't even try force powers. Just keep hitting him with you lightsaber with Master Crital Strike or something like that. And when he is going to the next Jedi to regain health, use a Life Pack or and boosters to help you.

Fanboy5000
11-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Throw your lightsaber at him and then run like a little *****...

Thats what I did.

selowitch
11-03-2003, 11:54 PM
Use Destroy Droid to free (by allowing them to die) all of the suspended Jedi except those in the corners on the first level. When Malak goes into a corner to drain one of the remaining Jedi, let him do it, then immediately nail him with an adhesive or cryoban grenade.

Then hit him with plasma grenades or thermal detonators until he's below half strength, and attack him with whatever is your best lightsaber move (e.g., flurry, critical strike) until he dies.

JediMasterChief
11-06-2003, 08:33 PM
I am a light side character, but the main problem I have is that I only have one Life Support Pack. At least I'm a Jedi Guardian/Soldier which helps me, but I'm still trying to beat the damn Sith Lord!

Hero
11-13-2003, 08:31 AM
u only have one life support pack? :P

your at a great disadvantage..i used hyper battle stimulants and shields everytime malak went to refuel off the jedi..but i had no idea i could free the frozen jedi...seems like a good strategy for you to follow.

JediMasterChief
11-14-2003, 04:06 PM
I only had two hyper stimulants and one life support pack, as well as two Sith Energy Shields. Thus it would be awfully hard for me to beat Malak. However, I beat Malak and thus beat KotOR yesterday using all sorts of strategies (and cheating a little).

Finally, I was able to finish one of the best games on Xbox. The ending was good too.

Wolfboy_888
11-18-2003, 10:58 AM
if you learned heal its super easy...beat it on my 2nd man...get a mandalorian shield on or some strong shield....as soon as he shows you the jedi run from him and start freeing all of them...with all the jedi gone hit him with attack/power attack/etc....Advanced throw lightsaber is great against him to..just remember to keep moving...and use heal as often as possible.

OC Noob
11-18-2003, 11:13 PM
Too bad you have no med packs and heal, that will make things tough.

If you throw on the energy shield and force resistance he won't hit you for much if anything at all though, but you need to keep the force immunity up while he attacks, so throw it on everytime he comes back from draining if you can't kill the Jedi.

With the energy shield and that one buff he is considerably easier.

Also, stick his butt with an adhesive nade and then toss some thermal dets and plasma nades at him.

JediMasterChief
11-27-2003, 12:56 PM
I already beat him (see above), but the strategies will surely be useful in the future.

DDR2theEXTREME
12-06-2003, 01:50 PM
haha no meds......that sux

jaboo
12-10-2003, 01:04 PM
well if u hav nite speed or master speed it'll halp a crap load, that extra 1 or 2 hits does wondaz... thats the 1st thing i mastered when i started a new character n i never had 2 restart against ne body.

darkside with drain hav a way easier time against malak than liteside by far...they're 4 jedi thingys to the rite and left of the enterence malak never touches.

if u dont hav life packz all u can do is fite lik hell...use stims n wuteva otha med packs u hav. nades mite help if ya character sux at saber duelz.

gd luck...