PDA

View Full Version : Why?!?

JediMasterChief
11-03-2003, 09:16 PM
What I don't understand is that it says "No game discussion" for the General Discussion, but people are still posting entire threads about individual games. For example, someone posted an entire thread about just getting Rainbow Six 3! If people start posting threads about individual games, then it's going to get really annoying. That's why there are forums for game genres.

Cottrau
11-03-2003, 09:24 PM
because everybody looks here genius boy. This belongs in the off topic lounge, if you want to play by the rules.

genius.

Ito
11-03-2003, 09:45 PM
That was mean, but true. Cant get any better than THAT. ;)

Xbox Owner
11-03-2003, 09:47 PM
meh, who cares

Chumley
11-03-2003, 09:48 PM
making a topic about this is pure spam...

JediMasterChief
11-03-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Cottrau
because everybody looks here genius boy. This belongs in the off topic lounge, if you want to play by the rules.

genius.

Go to hell, man.

I was trying to gain the attention of the moderators. Better have me post one small thread, rather than have a dozen noobs post theirs.

Seawolf1
11-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Someone with a little common sense would just email an admin:huh:

hiter101
11-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief

Go to hell, man.

I was trying to gain the attention of the moderators. Better have me post one small thread, rather than have a dozen noobs post theirs.

someone who registered 2 month ago and has less then 200 posts shouldnt be goin around talkin about newbs....just my oppinion off course and btw its called General Discussion means talk about any game here just dont go into specifics like strategies and stuff in here

Shadow20002
11-04-2003, 12:00 AM
Because the specific games genres are near dead. :)

X-Fan
11-04-2003, 02:52 AM
actually he is right and i am pretty sure that all the game related threads will be moved as soon as a mod sees them but yeah i agree he should'nt be talking abt noobs.

Seawolf1
11-04-2003, 03:25 AM
Well there is no specific forum for new releases and if they want these threads seperated then they need to create a new releases thread or game specific other than MS games.
If you dont like the station then change the channel . If you dont want to read a game specific thread then dont come in. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Now we have a whole thread waisting space because some yahoo wanted to complain about absolutely NOTHING! amazing:argue1:

JediMasterChief
11-04-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by hiter101

someone who registered 2 month ago and has less then 200 posts shouldnt be goin around talkin about newbs....just my oppinion off course and btw its called General Discussion means talk about any game here just dont go into specifics like strategies and stuff in here

I've actually been longer at XBA than you have. Before August, I was known as xboxgamer142 and I've technically been at XBA since January 2002. So I'm not a noob and I have the right to voice my opinion.

I didn't want to start an argument, therefore, let's just end this thread right now.

Cottrau
11-04-2003, 06:26 AM
how could you not start an argument when hte origin of the thread implies ignorance on our part? choose your battles wisely.

Seraph: "you do not truly know someone, until you fight them."

matrix 3 tomorrow w00t :D

Casper
11-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Wow, you guys have to grow up and have some kind of patience before ripping this guy a new one.....good lord.

And yes, this shouldn't have game discussions in here, but of course, everyone gets too lazy and doesn't post them in the right areas and in turn, gives us a helluva lot more work to do in the end. But I'm really not gonna try and move every thread (which were are now doing without redirects) because I have other stuff to work on here. Just learn the genres and put that particular game info in that place - that's why we have XBL and offline game sections - I think it's fairly simple.

And to those that said there's no traffic there - that's because none of the correct stuff is getting put there. If you start putting the threads in their correct spot and people start catching onto it, then you get the traffic there...wow, novel idea Watson :)

Duke
11-04-2003, 11:07 AM
I agree w/ casper and Jedi.

Why shouldn't he make a thread about this in the forum it's been happening in.

At least he was trying to be somewhat constructive. I've seen quite a few of the people jumping on him make much worse posts, and quite a few of them were in the wrong area.

And as it says no game discussion, then it is ignorance on the part of the people who make the threads. I'm as guilty as anybody, because I do post in them, but you don't see me jumping all over someone who made a valid point.

George89
11-04-2003, 11:28 AM
I posted a thread in the fighting games awhile ago, and its still at the top! This is usually where most people go, so if you want to know something, there will be a lot of people who might know the answer.

Casper
11-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by George89
I posted a thread in the fighting games awhile ago, and its still at the top! This is usually where most people go, so if you want to know something, there will be a lot of people who might know the answer.

Besides Soul Calibur, there hasn't been any news for any fighting games, even DOA Online, so that's why that's happening.

I'm asking now for everyone to start placing threads into the appropriate forums, as I'm moving around what I can that's here on the front page to their spots. If you have a problem with it, then contact me or Nick-XBA, and we'll deal with it, but until there's a change in the descriptions of our forums, this is how it will be handled.

Casper
11-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Official Ruling as per Nick-XBA - General Discussion is now going to pertain to Xbox News, games, system news, and other info that is new to the Xbox community.

The description will be changed shortly and accordingly.

Thank you guys....any questions?

kenji
11-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Cottrau

genius. :rofl:

I didn't know that there was a different thread area for specific games until about two weeks in. I rarely look there. I only go if I need help or I might be abnle to help someone with KOTOR.