PDA

View Full Version : Alright, today for my Birthday I got $100, what should I get?

WynnFire
11-04-2003, 12:17 AM
I already know I'm getting Crimson Skies, I played it for hours and hours when I rented it. The other games I want to get are:

True Crimes: Streets of L.A.

Top Spin

Rainbow Six 3

Xbox Music Mixer.

I want all of them but can only get one. Which one should I get? Keep in mind that I love all these types of games and music. I played the demo for R6-3 and really love the voice commands plus I have XBL. I have Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast and GTA III and Vice City for the PC.

Shadow20002
11-04-2003, 12:28 AM
True Crime if you are someone that want GTA with better fighting.

hiter101
11-04-2003, 12:45 AM
damn dude sux u werent born a week earlier could of gotten the toys r us deal but dont feel bad i didnt get it either :cry:

well out of those games i got rainbow and that game is sick just amazing but im prob gunna get top spin and skies later this or next week but rainbow is amazing

i dont like true crime type games think there anyoing as hell so but thats jsut my oppinion happy bday man :cheers:

Sharky53
11-04-2003, 12:48 AM
i would get that gta double pack... but if i had to choose from those i would choose true crime... but i dunno i am gonna rent that one first, but it must be good. It is getting some good reviews

gerbil
11-04-2003, 12:53 AM
what about the xbox music mixer?!? those are cool ... lol :D
if you get it, i'll even dance for you
< ---- look!!!

DocHoliday78
11-04-2003, 02:03 AM
RB6 all the way.

c_a_i_l_l_o_u
11-04-2003, 02:10 AM
rainbow 6 is sweet

Seawolf1
11-04-2003, 03:14 AM
I just got True Crimes and after 4 hours of play I really like it. I would dare to say I like it more than I did GTA VC.:)

level3hadoken
11-04-2003, 03:27 AM
since u have live id say rb63 cuz that game is just addicting online.ive been playing it at my cousins house and just losing all kinds of sleep.id get that .

Seawolf1
11-04-2003, 03:29 AM
I would have gotten R6, but I already have Raven Shield on my PC. Shooters just work better on PC IMO.

xboxteen
11-04-2003, 08:36 AM
Rainbow Six 3 all the way

AlBoogy
11-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Make sure you renew your xbox live. I would get the renewal card at best buy and get R63. Youll get 20 bucks off so youll still have 20 bucks to get whatever you want. Perhaps 19 cherry cokes or a few packs of batteries. The options are endless!

George89
11-04-2003, 10:12 AM
This is almost the same problem for me, I want Crimson Skies, True Crime, Top Spin, or Rainbowsix 3. I am probably going to get Crimson Skies or True Crime. I would reccomend True Crime. It is getting really good reviews and looks very good.:)

Ito
11-04-2003, 10:48 AM
I would get Rainbow Six 3 if I was you, I have heard good things about top spin so I dunno. :eek:

Duke
11-04-2003, 11:02 AM
I'd say R6. Unless you already have enough shooters to suit you.

Other than that on the list I'd go w/ Top Spin. I have heard almost 0 negative comments about the game, so if you like tennis, pick it up. It seems to have plenty of active players as well.

That is if you like Tennis a lot anyway. I've always thought that unless you're really into a particular sport, it's not worth picking up a title, as it can get pretty monotonous as your only new game. As it sounds like you're on somewhat of a budget (only looking for one game) just something to think about.

The Jackal
11-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
I'd say R6. Unless you already have enough shooters to suit you.

Other than that on the list I'd go w/ Top Spin. I have heard almost 0 negative comments about the game, so if you like tennis, pick it up. It seems to have plenty of active players as well.

That is if you like Tennis a lot anyway. I've always thought that unless you're really into a particular sport, it's not worth picking up a title, as it can get pretty monotonous as your only new game. As it sounds like you're on somewhat of a budget (only looking for one game) just something to think about.

exactly my thoughts

BunnyRabbit
11-04-2003, 06:51 PM
What?! I missed that. Happy Birthday man.... Anyways I would go with R6III...Its an aweosme game and im basing that on the demo...the whole game together must be heaven...LoLz

Cottrau
11-04-2003, 06:59 PM
I would surredly go with Top Spin. While all of the Tom Clancy games are awesome.. they are also all the same... Top Spin is the first of it's kind on the scene... and it's kickin from what i hear, since it's exactly like Virtua tennis... only better, and i played virtua tennis til the cows came home, and then they left again.

Xtreme Munky
11-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Rainbow Six 3. I seriously feel sorry for whoever spends their money on the Xbox Music Mixer.

l Maximus l
11-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Happy Birthday, Wynnfire! My B-day is very close to yours...on Nov 12th :D

I purchased R6:3 and haven't looked back. In fact, I have only played Halo once since I've owned it! Yeah! No kidding!! :D

Bakeman
11-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Go to Toy R' Us and get the deal buy 2 get 1 free...
And get

Rainbow Six3
True Crime
AND
Top Spin

I have Top Spin and True Crime .. both very fun. Top Spin is pure quality.

RagunCajun
11-04-2003, 10:22 PM
First, what you wanna do is forget about video games. Then you wanna go ask a girl out on a date. Then u wanna pay for it. Doesnt have to be anything fansy. Just show her a good time. With you left over $$$, do what you wish. Trust me, dates are better than video games.

Clever
11-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
Go to Toy R' Us and get the deal buy 2 get 1 free...
And get

Rainbow Six3
True Crime
AND
Top Spin

I have Top Spin and True Crime .. both very fun. Top Spin is pure quality.
its over buddy....I actually took opportunity of it, hope they do it again. thanks ToysRus:p

Clever
11-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
First, what you wanna do is forget about video games. Then you wanna go ask a girl out on a date. Then u wanna pay for it. Doesnt have to be anything fansy. Just show her a good time. With you left over $$$, do what you wish. Trust me, dates are better than video games.

thats true, but im pretty sure he will get denied.

WynnFire
11-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Ok, I went to a store today and bought Crimson Skies and.............

Rainbow6 III

and boy does it ROCK!!

I played 1 hour of Crimson Skies and then 4 hours of R6 III. Rainbow Six is incredibly addicting! It's the best looking R6 game I have seen. I'm blown away by the detail and the online play. I was originally going to get Top Spin but it was sold out. Crimson Skies and R6 are the two funnest and best looking XBL Games I have played to date. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Oh, Ragun and Clever, I already took a girl to out, but before my birthday.