PDA

View Full Version : Should all games have custom track support?

kenji
11-04-2003, 08:17 PM
YES!!!!!!!!! That is one of the perks of Xbox, one of the small reasons I bought it, and only racing games and Deathrow have the feature? WHY????? All game would be slightly better with custom music. For games with voice-overs, just stop the music when someone wants to speak. I understand why some games have no custom tracks, like I can't picture Halo with custom sound track, but games like Dynasty Warriors 4 and SSX 3 are perfect games for custom sound tracks. WHY?!?!?!?:cuss:

shapoopy
11-04-2003, 08:22 PM
it depend u don't whant custom music when playing for example hit and run doesn't feel right to me but all sports games should have them except golf

Ito
11-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by shapoopy
it depend u don't whant custom music when playing for example hit and run doesn't feel right to me but all sports games should have them except golf

Yea, sports game should have it.. wouldnt get any better than THAT..

AlphaCigara
11-04-2003, 08:36 PM
i think all xbox only games should support it, and only if microsoft wants to put the extra time and effort into supporting non xbox-only games with custom soundtracks should those games support it.

Trento52
11-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Yeah i really like having custom tracks but some games just shouldn't like splinter cell, island thunder, golf stradegy or rpg games.

c_a_i_l_l_o_u
11-05-2003, 01:24 AM
I think all games should including games like spinter cell because its up to the user and how he wants to play the game.

l Maximus l
11-05-2003, 02:24 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Take a game like Silent Hill...I hardly believe that the developers of the game had intended for the gamer to sneak through a scary and creepy environment while having the ability to listen to "Oops! I did it again" by Brittney Spears :D

So, to some that believe that all game should have soundtrack support is missing the point.

But, I do have some good news: I just saved a load of money on my car insurance because I switched to Geiko.

Third Eye
11-05-2003, 04:27 AM
I can think of tons of racing games, multiplayer games, sports, and certain action games that would benefit from having custom sountracks.

treyz3
11-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Yes, all games should at least make it available. I understand that some games have a great soundtrack that really adds to the game, but most it's just there as background noise. In that case, I'd much rather be listening to something of my own choosing.

mattgame
11-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Topspin should have had it. I can't see playig rainbow six having it during the canpaing but I would like it during multiplayer action. I would love to smoke fools in Halo with Where my hood at by DMX. :D

Warchant
11-05-2003, 10:54 AM
i think golf and heavy metal would go great together :p

kenji
11-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Who said no?

slickbmw
11-05-2003, 08:51 PM
all of the games should support custom soundtracks cus if the game music better u can keep it but if u like ur own music u can play urs

Clever
11-05-2003, 09:14 PM
yeah most games should have it, but again some games wont work with custom soundtracks such as Halo, which in my opinion has great music and chorus that mixes in perfectly.

Cryogenic Pyro
11-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Clever
yeah most games should have it, but again some games wont work with custom soundtracks such as Halo, which in my opinion has great music and chorus that mixes in perfectly.
I disagree with you. Somehow I feel listening to something along the lines of metal while blowing the hell out of some flood would fit perfectly.

lax_defense
11-05-2003, 09:42 PM
I think all games should have it, with the option of turning it off. After all, if you come to a point in the game and you have "Is this Love" by Bob Marley, you wouldn't be very satisfied, now would you?

Clever
11-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro

I disagree with you. Somehow I feel listening to something along the lines of metal while blowing the hell out of some flood would fit perfectly.

Im not sure if thats a good idea...

Voodoo_Vince
11-05-2003, 11:01 PM
All games should have it, at least have it unlockable if you want the Gamer to experiance your game soundtrack, I would love to listen to Metal while playing Death match in Halo, or AOTCR a level I have played 6 billion times , How cool would it be for an unlockable in the Silent hill series to be able to liten to Vital Remains or Krisiun or some other superb Death metal, hell even barbie horse adventures might be fun if Cannibal corpse was able to play in the background :D

l Maximus l
11-06-2003, 12:59 AM
I think games should be what they have always been: Meant to be the way the developer intended. Because, I'd rather not play my own game...I'd rather play the game that is at hand.

But, if it's a Snowboarding game, Racing game, and similar types, obviously custom soundtracks would have no possibility in changing the intentions of the developers...in many cases, custom soundtracks only improves upon it.

SnoochyBoochy
11-06-2003, 09:44 AM
nah, i don't think all games should support custom soundtracks.. games like halo, for example, wouldn't be as good if you were listening to any other soundtrack while slaughtering the covenant.

custom soundtracks just aren't meant for certain games.

StudioAlex
11-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Developers should let the player determine what kind of experience he wants to have. If you want to play Morrowind with techno or gangsta rap slowly fading in and out, then more power to you.

That said, I genuinely appreciate good scores, but some games I've played so much (Halo) it would be nice to rock my own tunes while I play them.

Duke
11-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Custom tracks are nice, especially for certain types of games, but I do own a stereo and am proficient in it's use.

StudioAlex
11-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Custom tracks are nice, especially for certain types of games, but I do own a stereo and am proficient in it's use.

My problem is all my gear (cable, dvd, videogames, etc) are run through the same reciever, so I can listen to music, but I'd have to forfeit the sound fx and dialogue. I could run the xbox sound into my tv and set music to off, but then I lose stereo and surround effects, plus it's a pain to do that just to play a video game. Also, that wouldn't allowing for the fading in and out of songs that you could do in a game.

I just want to to be creeping up on some elite convenants, open fire and have One armed scissor by AtDI break out as the enemy tries react to my surprise attack.

mattgame
11-06-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

I just want to to be creeping up on some elite convenants, open fire and have One armed scissor by AtDI break out as the enemy tries react to my surprise attack.

Now that's hot.:D

Bakeman
11-06-2003, 11:25 AM
don't think all should have it...

some games use music to set moods and other things...
so why should they allow you to be playing In Da Club over it!?!?!?!?!?!?!