PDA

View Full Version : Xbox drops to #3

OuFtb
11-04-2003, 08:26 PM
As a big suprize to me, I was watching Tech Live and saw on the bottom that Gamecube sales have quadrupled(not the suprize), and have passed Xbox for the number two spot in sales for consoles, putting Xbox at the bottom of the barrel.:watchout:
Kind of suprizing after reading Xbox sales are up and Gamecube had been doing so bad before. I don't think they would post false info but is that actully true, any proof, sales numbers.

AlphaCigara
11-04-2003, 08:31 PM
i'm pretty sure most of you might disagree, but xbox sales dropping may be a good thing for non-xbox gamers. After seeing how well the big N is doing with their fancy bargain bin price tag, it might encourage Mircrosoft to do the same. Cheaper price means more systems sold and more people to play online :)

c_a_i_l_l_o_u
11-04-2003, 08:38 PM
this is because of gc recent price drop, i believe

Trento52
11-04-2003, 08:44 PM
that blows but that is because of the price cut. xbox is cheaper then ps2 and come with two games and free live yet still don't sell as good. Xbox would be number 2 if it wasn't flopping in japan but xbox is still number two in atleast north america still isn't it?

Ito
11-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Trento52
that blows but that is because of the price cut. xbox is cheaper then ps2 and come with two games and free live yet still don't sell as good. Xbox would be number 2 if it wasn't flopping in japan but xbox is still number two in atleast north america still isn't it?

I believe so, should be.

Chumley
11-04-2003, 09:03 PM
I'm only concerned with the sales of the system in north america...

Xbox Owner
11-04-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure they only ment monthly. Xbox had a 1.5 million lead on Gamecube in the begining of October, and I highly doubt that Gamecube overcame 1.5 million.

OuFtb
11-04-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
I'm pretty sure they only ment monthly. Xbox had a 1.5 million lead on Gamecube in the begining of October, and I highly doubt that Gamecube overcame 1.5 million.

I knew Xbox had a huge lead over Gamcube and thats what suprized me so much when I read it, but it only being monthly makes the most sense to me. I will try and catch the rerun to see if they said anything else about, like if it was monthly or north America or not.

Clever
11-04-2003, 10:33 PM
thats all fake news, Xb is still #2, trust me...

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-04-2003, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't read too much into this guys...sales figures change almost daily....it's just a little reminder to microsoft/xbox...not to take anything for granted..

Voodoo_Vince
11-05-2003, 12:27 AM
GC had a slight lead in sales a month ago , but dropped back to number three a few days after, Microsoft put out the Holiday Deal and Xbox surpassed GC again, GC will always be number three due to the fact Xbox plays DVD's

as far as tech TV MOST of thier information is weeks old , due to programming , they can't always be on top with new info otherwise they would have to change thier programming on a daily basis ,

gerbil
11-05-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Clever
thats all fake news, Xb is still #2, trust me...

i agree ...

Yankeez
11-05-2003, 01:29 AM
god i hope they price drop cuz i need to buy another xbox already

crosses fingers

l Maximus l
11-05-2003, 02:18 AM
If this news is true, is just goes to show how many confused gamers there are around the globe.

XBox is BY FAR the most superior of the big three consoles. No one can argue with that.

Sheeyt
11-05-2003, 09:15 AM
Actually worldwide Xbox is still number 2. This numbers are misleading because they only represent Europe.

plpkb
11-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Nintendo is milking monthly/weekly sales numbers. I'm shocked they dont put out a statment every hour gamecube outsells anything. From 6-7am gamecube sales up 40% over xbox etc.

OC Noob
11-05-2003, 10:46 AM
That $100 price tag is a very attractive thing. Even though Xbox is a much better system (features wise) IMO they still need to drop the price to about $150.

They should also drop Tetris and Clone Wars and add a bundled Plat. hit, like the choice of MoH, Morrowind, Gotham Racing or Max Payne. You know, a choice of a game people might actually want to play;)

OuFtb
11-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Just found this,

Sales figures gathered from the nation's largest retailers show that Nintendo GameCube effectively doubled its market share to 37 percent from 19 percent. The system now runs a strong second in the U.S. market as it challenges for leadership during the important holiday sales season.

So this is North America and not Europe, link below to were I found it.

http://www.aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/article.adp?id=2003110408120999023

It won't work for some reason, sorry about that, all I did was do a google search, in news for Xbox console sales 2003, second link, if you know why it doesn't work tell me and I will fix it.

mattgame
11-05-2003, 11:41 AM
I doubt this information is completely true. I mean let's look at it this way: how many people on this site know anyone that owns a gamecube? I know a wide range of people and none of them have a gamecube. Do the math yourself.

plpkb
11-05-2003, 12:08 PM
It is true for the month. It out sold xbox for a whole month.

gerbil
11-05-2003, 06:19 PM
well .. what can you do if the population of each country is all kids??!? :D

AloneInTheDark
11-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Who really cares if the xbox isn't doing as well, this is how it was early launch, beacuse no one wanted it. They thought microsoft + videogames = atrocity..right? Well I think that the release of the double pack with enhanced graphics for GTA will bring some newcomers, True Crime, Rainbow Six 3, and Counterstrike plus all the major and kick ass live titles coming will bring more people. I think after holdiay season, Xbox will be the victor of the 2. Anyways, who cares about sales? I mean, sure the system may give in after horrible sales, but the xbox is selling good, but the gamecube is doing considerably better, and thats the way it goes sometimes..right? Microsoft and game developers are finally pushing advertisments too, so this is also good. Anyways, xbox rocks, we know it..too bad the rest of the world doesnt.

mattgame
11-06-2003, 08:34 AM
I agree with the afore written post. Who cares? That just means more Xboxes for us. :D

DOOM
11-06-2003, 08:59 AM
Um, Dude... Once POS2 Drops To $100. (SOON), Cube Os Dead...

thunderkiss2k1
11-06-2003, 09:16 AM
http://www.xp1.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=945

According to this, Xbox accounts for 27% of console sales in the US.

OuFtb
11-06-2003, 09:35 AM
Your relible source is dated back on 9/24/03, meaning the article was rittin in September and its now November, alot has happen since that was wrote.

thunderkiss2k1
11-06-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by OuFtb
Your relible source is dated back on 9/24/03, meaning the article was rittin in September and its now November, alot has happen since that was wrote.

A month has gone by. That's all.

mattgame
11-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1

A month has gone by. That's all.

Exactly, how much could have happened that would change that info? I am sick of reading all of this anti-xbox crap. The xbox ain't going nowhere trust me. It will only get better. I propose that if anybody up here don't want the xbox to succeed or don't like the system, bounce to a forum or site that represents what you like.:argue1:

OuFtb
11-06-2003, 11:40 AM
If I made a impression I want Xbox to fail or somthing, sorry, I just saw the news and posted it, I only own a Xbox and it failing would just suck, but sales are up and its doing good so that ain't gonna happen.
For the date on the link and only a month has passed what would change the info, nothing its good, its just kind of old all this happen recently and I am sure somthing has changed.