PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 Announcement in 2004 ?

Shadow20002
11-04-2003, 08:41 PM
A leading technological 'expert' claims Microsoft will announce Xbox2 in a couple of months...

One thing we’ve learnt in the past is never to take comments made from supposed leading financial experts seriously when talking about the videogames industry.

The latest to defy belief comes after yesterday’s announcement that Microsoft and IBM would be entering into a partnership to provide technology for the Xbox2.

Commenting on the deal, Richard Doherty of Seaford, claims that the next version of the Xbox will be announced in January 2004, with an aim to release in the autumn.

Either he hasn’t got a clue what he’s talking about or there’s been a simple mistake in the transcript somewhere, virtually the entire videogames industry is convinced that next-generation machines won’t arrive until 2005 at the earliest with most people hedging towards a 2006 release – that is unless he knows something we don’t.

Source@ (http://www.totalvideogames.com/?section=Read%20News&id=4111&gameid=2928&format=000005)

Chumley
11-04-2003, 09:46 PM
lol.. leading financial experts...

seems a little early for xbox 2 now... but a portable m$ system to counter the psp... now there's an idea

gerbil
11-05-2003, 12:34 AM
we'll never know in 2004 if its all true ...

LynxFX
11-05-2003, 01:41 AM
CNN said the same thing when they were talking about the IBM deal. They specifically said "Look for the next generation of the Xbox console to appear on shelves during the 2004 holiday season."

I took it as a goof, but more and more places keep saying 2004. Wonder where this all started?

prakeem
11-05-2003, 02:02 AM
2004 seems a bit too early, if indeed it is released then. The Xbox still has some maturing to overcome, and I mean that in a positive way!

l Maximus l
11-05-2003, 02:10 AM
I'm seriously doubting this. The first XBox has so much more money to make with the hot game line-up that they have going on.

If you ask me, not many games currently utilize the hardware as is. Don't get me wrong because I think some of the graphical enhancements on the XBox are sweet, however, if you take Halo as an example, it is said to only utilize 40% of the XBox's capabilities. Halo 2, however, is said to push the bar.

Cottrau
11-05-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
A leading technological 'expert' claims Microsoft will announce Xbox2 in a couple of months...

isn't... E3 normally in a couple months (March?)

Chaotic
11-05-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Cottrau

isn't... E3 normally in a couple months (March?)

E3 is May 13th.

RudedogX
11-05-2003, 08:45 AM
Ya know...it's funny, I've been saying since last E3, that the big 3 systems will probably announce the next gen at the 2004 E3. If you read the article, they're announcing it, they're not releasing though until what appears to be 2006. Just think what happened with the dolphin (read gamecube) and other consoles. They were introduced almost 2 full years before they were ready. I can easily see this happen.

Chaotic
11-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Ya know...it's funny, I've been saying since last E3, that the big 3 systems will probably announce the next gen at the 2004 E3. If you read the article, they're announcing it, they're not releasing though until what appears to be 2006. Just think what happened with the dolphin (read gamecube) and other consoles. They were introduced almost 2 full years before they were ready. I can easily see this happen.

I agree, this E3 will be great because i think all 3 consoles will be revealed :cheers: