PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Buy Gta Dp

JR Alberda
11-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Just get True Crime. I swear it is ten times what Vice City is, you can do anything you want just like GTA with Xbox graphics and more features. Plus the kickin soundtrack.

Ito
11-04-2003, 09:43 PM
How can it be 10 times better..... not even god's creation could be THAT good.. ;)

You have the game? If so, lemme know more about it. So far im leaning more towards GTA DP...

Chumley
11-04-2003, 09:44 PM
In true crime... Is there free roaming?

studepaber
11-04-2003, 09:50 PM
MEh, I think I'll just get both. True Crimes is better in some aspects while GTA3/VC is better in others.

Xbox Owner
11-04-2003, 09:52 PM
If I get any, I will be GTA. From what I've heard, there are only a few cars in TC, and I've heard the A.I. is pretty dumb. (cops, etc) I will rent it eventually, though.

BunnyRabbit
11-04-2003, 09:54 PM
right now im leaning towards the doubleback unless you can back up with more reasons why True Crime is awesome...come on now... *tapping shoe on ground...im waiting..:p

CarGuy
11-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
If I get any, I will be GTA. From what I've heard, there are only a few cars in TC, and I've heard the A.I. is pretty dumb. (cops, etc) I will rent it eventually, though.

They're just as dumb if not dumber than GTA/VC. I havent noticed any problems with the AI. And about the cars.... They're a lot better in TC. More detailed and based on real cars. Everything about this game is better than GTA/VC. More depth, better graphics, bigger world.GTA III isn't even in the same ball park.. (You cant shoot through windows in the cars for example) and the only thing about Vice City I miss is flying helicopters, but then you realize how small Vice City really is. The little side missions dispatch gives you are cool too, nothing like this is in Vice City. Bottom line is this is better than Vice City and all the reviews have been accurate.

Xbox Owner
11-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy

all the reviews have been accurate.

.....Gamespot gave it a 7.2..

Nameless
11-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Do Not Buy Gta Dp
I'll buy whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want :p. Besides if anything I'll rent True Crimes before forking over $60+ for it, at least I know I like GTA.

Variation-XBA
11-04-2003, 11:12 PM
I put TC in at work today and people were flocking to it...

From what I played, I seem to like it better than VC, but then again, Ive played VC to death....

I hope TC has bikes like VC, cause that was my favourite part :) But the fighting and arresting thing is pretty cool, and the voice acting wasn't bad...

I just love how the story branches if you win or lose a mission..

We'll see..

Shadow20002
11-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Rent it first to know what will be like.

Clever
11-04-2003, 11:22 PM
no no no, u mean do not buy True crimes? because it looks like a mediocre game to me and the Gamespot review proves that point.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-04-2003, 11:31 PM
I was going to buy true crimes anyway. There is just something about these cops on a mission type game, that is so cool. Not to take anything away from gta gift pack....c'mon why would you want to play the playstation 2 top game.....two years later:watchout:

Ugunnalose
11-04-2003, 11:59 PM
ign gave it a 9.0 i think gamespot sucks at reviews

Voodoo_Vince
11-05-2003, 12:19 AM
I got a Free Copy of TC and gave it away, moslty because there was no custom soundtrack and the sound track for TC is pure crap IMO rap sucks , and the game is over hype , it's an 8 at best , GTA double pack is two games and you have custom soundtracks , TC is worth a rent ONLY ,

NINE BREAKER
11-05-2003, 12:24 AM
I believe I'll prolly pick up both as well. GTA simply 'cause of the free roaming aspect, and TC 'cause it looks like an sweet game, and isn't there something about Snoop in that bad boy, or is that another game?

diranged
11-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
I got a Free Copy of TC and gave it away, moslty because there was no custom soundtrack and the sound track for TC is pure crap IMO rap sucks , and the game is over hype , it's an 8 at best , GTA double pack is two games and you have custom soundtracks , TC is worth a rent ONLY ,

hahahahahaha what an idiot do u not look in the back of the box. geeezz am i super smart or are you just really really dumb. sorry man but its the truth. tc is awsome and i think it is alot better than gta vc. the story is really good. and i love the fact that you can PUT IN YOUR OWN MUSIC. i recomend this more than the gta pack

JR Alberda
11-05-2003, 01:41 AM
Yeah man you must have got a pre release version or you just dont look at the custom soundtrack options. Yes TC is free roaming, more so almost than GTA. You can go anywhere in LA, I have played a few hours so far and I have not even seen half of the area. The AI are probably comparable to GTA.

TC's fighting system is better
TC's shooting system is better
TC's driving physics are better
TC's game looks better
TC's game sounds better
TC is bigger
TC is better

If those are not enough reasons for you, then try this one, TC is not made by a company that holds games off of Xbox because Sony payed em the bucks

One thing I have noticed is the very rare bug (I died while slow mo diving and The action froze, didnt lock xbox but it froze.) And also that they have put in alot of elements to avoid the lawsuits that GTA is drawing example: you can be a good cop or a bad cop, not just a criminal that shoots people up.

Seriously though I would check this one out before you buy GTA just to see what you think.

l Maximus l
11-05-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by JR Alberda
Just get True Crime. I swear it is ten times what Vice City is, you can do anything you want just like GTA with Xbox graphics and more features. Plus the kickin soundtrack.

I'm curious...but, how could TC have "XBox graphics" when it's a multi-platform game?

Flood
11-05-2003, 02:26 AM
<----already pre-ordered GTA double pack and will hopefully pick it up tommorrow(today actually but i havent slept yet)

Third Eye
11-05-2003, 03:43 AM
I've never really played VC or GTA3 before so I'm going to get it heh. And I'll definetly pick up TC when it gets around 20 bucks.

Se7en
11-05-2003, 03:55 AM
The GTA Double pack is two proven games that I know I enjoy, whereas True Crime is kind of an unknown, and the reviews are all over the board. If I have to get one (which undoubtedly I do :) ), I'll be purchasing the double pack just as soon as WalMart's shipments arrive.

But hey, that's just me. :p

Cottrau
11-05-2003, 06:39 AM
you shouldn't put in the title something that connotes "buyer beware..." if there's nothing wrong with the game. Say something like True Crime is way better, not implying that GTADA sucks...

oh well.. i doubt i'll get either, because I will be too busy playing my sports games :).

CarGuy
11-05-2003, 07:09 AM
Voodo Vince you're not too bright are you. There's a custom soundtrack option. der.

colosso
11-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner

.....Gamespot gave it a 7.2.. gamespot is a ps2 site,just like gamers,egm and gamepro,but how about IGN who is always fair with xbox,ps2 and gamecube or even pc games?

JediMasterChief
11-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Your not our dictator...are you? You shouldn't tell us what games we should buy it or not. You should title the thread something like "Why you shouldn't buy GTA" or "Why I don't think GTA is worth buying".

Anyway, I'm going to neither get the GTA double pack nor True Crime. I have to carefully pick what games I'm going to get since I import them from North America, therefore, I'm not taking any risks.

mattgame
11-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Does anyone actually have both who can objectively rate these games? I would like to hear from one the mods on this one.

Casper
11-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by t_howell
Does anyone actually have both who can objectively rate these games? I would like to hear from one the mods on this one.

Flood is getting it today and will have the review up shortly and Kit-XBA is working on True Crimes as we speak.

And yes, the thread title should have been different, hmm, should I just change it? I'll be nice.....

mattgame
11-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Flood is getting it today and will have the review up shortly and Kit-XBA is working on True Crimes as we speak.

And yes, the thread title should have been different, hmm, should I just change it? I'll be nice.....

Thanks for responding so quickly. I just happen to think that they are both gonna be good buys.

Voodoo_Vince
11-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by diranged

hahahahahaha what an idiot do u not look in the back of the box. geeezz am i super smart or are you just really really dumb. sorry man but its the truth. tc is awsome and i think it is alot better than gta vc. the story is really good. and i love the fact that you can PUT IN YOUR OWN MUSIC. i recomend this more than the gta pack

My version didn't have that option,(I have friends that are testers and my copy was suppossed to be a final build but I guess it wasn't) but it's nice to know it does have it, I still think it's going to turn out like Dead to Rights Overhyped by the few, hated by the rest , I think allot of people just want to like this game SO MUCH! because they are Mad at Rockstar and the Hype of GTA ,

JR Alberda
11-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Naw man, I dont think so. Dead to Rights was so hyped and I hated it, but I think that this title definitley deserves the hype. Come on it basically is GTA, though instead of being a thug your a cop, plus I do believe that the graphics were dumbed down for ps2 not created on the ps2 (in response to the earlier comment about the graphics). They are practically cousins in the gaming sense, TC being the younger, safer (legallistically) and more handsome cousin.

I have played GTA 3 and VC, and I would say that TC matches VC in fun. Hey you badarses you can still wreek havok on the streets. Plus blowing out tires is the coolest, i never noticed if that was in VC.

LTM360
11-05-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by colosso
gamespot is a ps2 site,just like gamers,egm and gamepro,but how about IGN who is always fair with xbox,ps2 and gamecube or even pc games?

What does that have to do with anything? They said TC was best on Xbox, and PS2 got the same review of 7.2. Everybody so far has given GTA 3, and (unfortunetly) Vice City a better score. Im picking up GTA: DP cause I know GTA3 rules all, and whoever said "TC Sounds Better"..in what ways? Vice City had the best soundtrack ever, I hate rap, and thats pretty much all thats only True Crimes, its full of rap, and the game is probably crap. TC IMO is just a mediocre ripoff, oh wait isnt that what basically Gamespot said? besides, True Crimes is published by Activision. IMO the only good thing that came from Activision is THPS 1,2,& 3.

Voodoo_Vince
11-05-2003, 02:26 PM
What does that have to do with anything? They said TC was best on Xbox, and PS2 got the same review of 7.2. Everybody so far has given GTA 3, and (unfortunetly) Vice City a better score. Im picking up GTA: DP cause I know GTA3 rules all, and whoever said "TC Sounds Better"..in what ways? Vice City had the best soundtrack ever, I hate rap, and thats pretty much all thats only True Crimes, its full of rap, and the game is probably crap. TC IMO is just a mediocre ripoff, oh wait isnt that what basically Gamespot said? besides, True Crimes is published by Activision. IMO the only good thing that came from Activision is THPS 1,2,&

Right on Brother! Keep on Keeping on!! (whoa I must of been possessed by some 70's Pimp) but your right in everything you say , except VC having the best soundtrack, only because Im a Metal Loving Hessian

mitch2025
11-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I'm curious...but, how could TC have &quot;XBox graphics&quot; when it's a multi-platform game?

good point

CC-CRC
11-05-2003, 03:05 PM
Run Run get the Yayo..... lol Vice City Song.

Anywayz.. I should have both by the end of the day. I had both on pre-order. Going to pick them up in about an hour.

SnoochyBoochy
11-05-2003, 03:25 PM
the thread title had me scared, i thought there was something horribly wrong with the GTA double pack that makes the game not worth picking up. i already had ordered it so there really wansn't any turning back... luckily it was just another random stupid comment with no solid reasons why GTA isnt worth picking up...

*wipes sweat off forehead

Casper
11-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by CC-CRC
Run Run get the Yayo..... lol Vice City Song.

That was on the GTA3 soundtrack, but um, nice try :)

Stormlord
11-05-2003, 03:32 PM
I'll get true crimes first and then the double pack. I've already played all GTAs so I'll try something new. Plus I'm kind of sick of all the Scarface and Miami Vice rip-offs in VC. I'll mostly get the pack for GTA 3 cause my PS2 is being stupid and saying it can't read the DVD. :mad:

Snoopy7548
11-05-2003, 04:07 PM
im gonna buy the gta double pack. i already have vice city and gta3 for the ps2, but i never play them anymore and i want it on the xbox (since my computer isnt good enough to play them...and i wanna see the better graphics and everything). im totally sure ill play them all the time on the xbox. but anyways, im not gonna get true crime. it just doesnt seem THAT good. it doesnt look like its as "open" as the gta games, it looks like you dont have that much freedom in it and everything, and that's what makes the gta games so good.:)

DZNUTZ
11-05-2003, 04:37 PM
yes you can blow out tires in VICE.

CarGuy
11-05-2003, 05:14 PM

That was on the GTA3 soundtrack, but um, nice try :)

In fact, that radio station is the soundtrack for "Scarface" Yep, that goofy song is in Scarface.. :p

I'm telling you guys, there's nothing wrong with this game. I owned Vice City and i prefer TC over VC. Seriously, im not some crazy fan boy. TRUST ME, TC is good and if you liked Vice City you'll love this game.

George89
11-05-2003, 05:34 PM
I think I will stick with GTA DP. Gamespot usually knows what they are talking about (not that thats why i dont want True Crime over GTA) I will just wait for reviews, GTA you know its gonna be good, True Crime is something new that might not.

BananaMan
11-05-2003, 05:34 PM
LMFAO true crimes better than xbox dp? Shiiiiiiit i just got the DP today it's cool as hell it also has the xbox graphics and the soundtrack, true crimes is whack xbox gta dp is tight as hell

diranged
11-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by BananaMan
LMFAO true crimes better than xbox dp? Shiiiiiiit i just got the DP today it's cool as hell it also has the xbox graphics and the soundtrack, true crimes is whack xbox gta dp is tight as hell

aum have you played tc.... idont think so. i wouldnt be making random statements.:cuss:

dd deeznuts
11-05-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Chumley
In true crime... Is there free roaming? and free nights and weekends

DZNUTZ
11-05-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by dd deeznuts
and free nights and weekends

lol...mini me made a funny :rofl:

JR Alberda
11-05-2003, 06:05 PM
man LTM360 should have the title of ultimate GTA fanboy. Im sure VC dp is good but imo its just old.

c_a_i_l_l_o_u
11-05-2003, 06:41 PM
I think gta is boring so i hope tc has more depth like people say

BananaMan
11-05-2003, 06:44 PM
i've played TC it's lame.... and boring:o *yawn*

# 1 Stunner
11-05-2003, 07:46 PM
i heard gta is the one to get....true crime is wack...

BananaMan
11-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
i heard gta is the one to get....true crime is wack... true that:D

diranged
11-05-2003, 09:29 PM
damn why are you gta loving people ignorant. if you would take your head out of your a$$ and play both games you would see that tc is gta but alot better. it took what was good on gta and improved on what was bad. tc has a real good story that makes you want to keep playing. i stopped playing gta vc like 3 hrs into it. the cars are detailed in tc you can puch in the walls and everything is destructable, and there is no loading while driving through la. and the car has real time reflection. and stop complaining about the damn soundtrack you can put yur own songs in the game i know everyone doesnt like rap wich im not to fond of it either. :watchout:

Anthony4sho
11-05-2003, 09:38 PM
So is this game a sure buy or a rent first? cuz i just bought the DP and i'm not gonna blow another 50 bucks on crap. At first this game didn't look good to me at all, but i guess i gotta rent it.

X-Fan
11-05-2003, 11:26 PM
that is definetely bs since i bought gta:dp and tested out tc before purcahing the dp.the graphics have been done from scratch for the xbox gta dp while tc is amulti platform game.and to be honest tc was'nt anywhere near as challenging as gta was.

DocHoliday78
11-05-2003, 11:37 PM
The way i look at it is the DP is guarunteed gaming goodness. Its such a good value you cant pass it up. TC has been getting mixed reviews but i am still gonna def rent this bad boy. There are so many good games out its gross.

Flood
11-05-2003, 11:40 PM

yup..its sitting on my floor as i type....have yet to play it though...im gonna in a few...then probably write a review sometime tomorrow so it should be up for all to read by the weekend

X-Fan
11-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA

yup..its sitting on my floor as i type....have yet to play it though...im gonna in a few...then probably write a review sometime tomorrow so it should be up for all to read by the weekend
i already posted a member review.i got this sweet game today.

Third Eye
11-06-2003, 01:52 AM
I don't regret getting GTA DP now, after playing it I was hooked.

Zamees
11-06-2003, 05:27 AM
Ok dude, thanx for the warning, as I run out the door to go and buy GTA

Chaotic
11-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Ok, guys let me say that this GTA double pack kicks total ass, i'm loving it. The graphics are greatly improved, it has custom sound tracks, dolby digital 5.1 sound, the explosions are great and the amount of detail that was put into the cars is pretty darn good. For example i was driving one of the gang memebers cars with the blower sticking outta the hood, i crashed it up enough to allow the hood to blow off and i could just sit there and stair at the engine detail, btw this is GTAIII im starting off with , then it's onto Vice City. I recommend this game to any fan of the GTA series because they did a great job on this game for the xbox and it is by far the best one out for any system, and is equal to the pc version. :cheers:

SnoochyBoochy
11-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage
it is by far the best one out for any system, and is equal to the pc version. :cheers:

*Craps pants*

I hope to god my copy comes in today. Please please please!!!

OC Noob
11-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by X-Fan
that is definetely bs since i bought gta:dp and tested out tc before purcahing the dp.the graphics have been done from scratch for the xbox gta dp while tc is amulti platform game.and to be honest tc was'nt anywhere near as challenging as gta was.

I don't know why people have to assume or making things up and pass them along as fact:rolleyes:

Ever heard of the PS2? Yeah, that is the system GTA III/VC was made on, its also a multiplatform game. The graphics have a few extra enhancements and are no where near "done from scratch."

On a side note, as for it being as good as the PC version unless its in 1080p it isn't going to look as good as it does in 1600 x 1200 on a PC or even 1280 x 1024. Nice try, I'm sure it looks about as good as standard TV resolution allows or 720i if you have an HDTV, but lets not make stuff up because we are pleased with it.

X-Fan
11-06-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob

I don't know why people have to assume or making things up and pass them along as fact:rolleyes:

Ever heard of the PS2? Yeah, that is the system GTA III/VC was made on, its also a multiplatform game. The graphics have a few extra enhancements and are no where near &quot;done from scratch.&quot;

On a side note, as for it being as good as the PC version unless its in 1080p it isn't going to look as good as it does in 1600 x 1200 on a PC or even 1280 x 1024. Nice try, I'm sure it looks about as good as standard TV resolution allows or 720i if you have an HDTV, but lets not make stuff up because we are pleased with it.
i meant the texturea and polygons have been doen from scratch.and i am not assuming anything i own the game and have experiemced it.and i know that gta was done long time ago for ps2 but it was done with ps2 gfx and rockstar actually took time to add great effects to make this great game even greater.

Voodoo_Vince
11-06-2003, 01:29 PM

Ever heard of the PS2? Yeah, that is the system GTA III/VC was made on, its also a multiplatform game. The graphics have a few extra enhancements and are no where near &quot;done from scratch.&quot;

GTA III WAS in production for Xbox then Sony made a deal with rockstar for GTA to be exclusive longer than before , so the GTA III build for the DP is based on the previous build , so it was kinda from scratch ,

OC Noob
11-06-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince

GTA III WAS in production for Xbox then Sony made a deal with rockstar for GTA to be exclusive longer than before , so the GTA III build for the DP is based on the previous build , so it was kinda from scratch ,

They may have had some of the work done previously, but its still a PS2 port with a few graphical upgrades. They may have scratched their nuts before porting though.

JJaX
11-06-2003, 02:57 PM

They may have had some of the work done previously, but its still a PS2 port with a few graphical upgrades. They may have scratched their nuts before porting though.

GTA is great, if you dont want to play it, dont.

Stop whining.

mattgame
11-06-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

GTA is great, if you dont want to play it, dont.

Stop whining.

Uh-oh. Dem's postin' words....,:argue1:

# 1 Stunner
11-06-2003, 03:49 PM
yeahj true crime sucks, aatleast thats what i heard from realiable sources, GTA double pack has custom soundtrack too...