PDA

View Full Version : True Crime But False Custom Soundtrack ??????

Vteck3000
11-04-2003, 10:43 PM
I just recently today bought TRUE CRIME. I love the game and the new elements that makes it original to GTA ( this is of course my opinion ). BUT I have a big problem :

I don't know how to instal my OWN TRACKS on my hard drive so I can play them while I drive.

Now this is what i figured out and maybe a few of you did also.
You can go to OPTION then AUDIO then choose DEFAULT or CUSTOMIZE.
I choose CUSTOMIZE. Now when you get to that screen you see CRUISING TRACKS -- FAST TRACKS -- SLOW TRACKS.
You when click on one of those it shows you the list of songs that are available including the the ones that are in your HARD DRIVE.
Now you can select the songs you want and don't want to play by pressing right on the D PAD and so on ...........
But the things is that I select the songs that i want and don't want and then I press B for " back " ?????????

Then I choose CUSTOMIZE then hit B again and so on ..........
to re-continue to play the game
But when i get inot a car I don't ge any of the songs THAT I SELECTED ???????????
I did this for hours and hours and still it didn't work.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to select my OWN SONGS. This way when I drive I can listen to my music.

Thank you.

:D

Vteck3000
11-05-2003, 09:39 AM
OK so I figured out what to do.
If the circle next to the song is empty then it won't play.
If the circle next to the song is full ( in white ) then it will play that song.
BUT the problem is worst now..............
Why ????????
Because it will and ONLY play the first song that you have selected.
I played 3 hours yesterday and everytime I got into a car the same song was playing and even at the end of the song the song was REPLAYING AGAIN.
It's a loop.
IT cannot and go on random just like the DEFAULT songs.

So in other words IT'S FALSE CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK.

The only way to listen to a different song from your ripped music is to de-select the first song and then the next song after that will play forever unitl you de-select it again and it will play the next song that was selected.

THAT'S STUPID.

THE GAME SUCKS because of that. False advertisement is the worst way to sell something.

Sorry but Activision has lost my respect.
:cuss:

Sheeyt
11-05-2003, 11:32 AM
In the words of the great Justin Timberlake.....Cry me a river! It's ashame you think a game sucks, simply because you can't listen to your own music. How did you ever play games in the past? Did you think they all suck because you couldn't listen to your music? Turn your stero on, mute it during dialogue scenes and viola custom soundtracks. oh and I have no problem with my custom soundtracks.

Vteck3000
11-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Well thank you for your comment.
No i'm not crying and YES I managed to play all the others games without custom soundtrack BUT when a company that has millions of dollars to invest on a game and tells me " the customer " that I will have certain features available for the XBOX the I expect those features.
I may have a good job that pays me alot but I still want my money's worth.

Oh by the way I bet your custom soundtrack works BUT do you know why ?

Well I figure it out and mine works also now.

I won't tell you how I figure it out but expect you to figure it out since you don't care about custom soundtrack but use it anyways. I you do figure it out then I will consider you an XBOX ADDICT. It took me about 6 hours. Let's see if you can figure it out in less time than that.
But don't forget just YOUR ripped music should only be heard and be randomized everytime you enter a car and NO track from the game should play.

It's an easy but very very stupid answer. Activison should explain more in their instruction manual.

Goodluck. I will post the answer in a week or so.
:cheers:

Sheeyt
11-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Well the problem there in lies is the fact that I enjoy the music from the game, therefor I don't want to remove that music just to add mine. Infact I simply am adding more good music to a soundtrack that already has good music. So I don't care if one of my songs or one of the original songs plays when I enter the car.

Papke
11-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Does it have radio stations like GTA or is it just music with no commentary or anything like that?

The game is sitting in my parent's room locked up until tomorrow, my birthday. :cry: