PDA

View Full Version : True Crime or True Slime??

stexile
11-04-2003, 11:26 PM
I just got a an email from a friend who said true crime was plagued with bugs and other things that made the game very annoying anyone else have anything else to say about this?

Seawolf1
11-04-2003, 11:29 PM
Nope, Im enjoying the heck out of it. Fun game.:)

Clever
11-04-2003, 11:30 PM
True Slime.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Don't know yet..let me get back with you.....the word of mouth on the street and in the forums..is true crime is a hit....stexile..why don't you give it a shot...you might like it:cheers:

stexile
11-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Im considering it, I've narrowed it down to gta dp or true crime but my friend says the little things kills the game espescially after playing perfection, i mean HALO but who knows i might give it a shot i guess i could always return it to funcoland the next day like my friend did.

l Maximus l
11-05-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by stexile
Im considering it, I've narrowed it down to gta dp or true crime but my friend says the little things kills the game espescially after playing perfection, i mean HALO but who knows i might give it a shot i guess i could always return it to funcoland the next day like my friend did.

I have the same problem...I compare every shooter with Halo....and every game falls short.

skorp
11-05-2003, 02:57 AM
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before but...

Halo in the gaming industry is like the movie Matrix where it has set the bar high for all action movies that comes out... :cheers:

As for the game True Crimes.

..... to be continued

CarGuy
11-05-2003, 07:11 AM
If you like Vice City you'll like True Crime. CLICK, end of story.

Sheeyt
11-05-2003, 09:12 AM
The game is fun, however it does have problems. The frame rate stutters, lots of clipping issues, and my game crashed 3 times in 30 mins lastnight. Which is unfortunate becaues the game is a blast! Keeps me interested unlike VC.

JR Alberda
11-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah there were a few bugs, but really they didnt annoy me that much. The game is defo super fun and I love it. I havent experienced too much slow down. One thing I dont like is that I think the bad guys run too fast. If they are running from you and you are right behind them. You can dive for em but you will miss most of the time.

bbchs_trash
11-05-2003, 01:13 PM
I am just now learning about what the game is really set-up too be. SO after I screwed my cop rating the other night... and spent all night last night trying to get it back under 50 (it's stuck at 99)... I guess I am going to have to start a new game...

JR Alberda
11-05-2003, 01:24 PM
I keep on running over civilians hehe. Not good for the rating though. Man that soundtrack is killer. I dont even liek rap but it totally fits. Plus with the "elusive" (for some people (Voodoo)) custom tracks, I was rollin to any tune I wanted. BTW anyone know of a way to in game skip the song?

studepaber
11-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
I am just now learning about what the game is really set-up too be. SO after I screwed my cop rating the other night... and spent all night last night trying to get it back under 50 (it's stuck at 99)... I guess I am going to have to start a new game...

I had the same problem as well. I wanted to be bad but I also wanted to unlock everything with the shields you get from completing missions and being "good". So I decided to use some codes to unlock all the shooting, driving and fighting abilities and now I can concentrate on being evil :)

This is a good game, don't get me wrong, but it does feel a tad rushed as there seems to be numerous stutters in the framerate (mostly seem to occur while driving).

AloneInTheDark
11-05-2003, 03:55 PM
First off, one thing thats bugging me in true crime is it says you can show people your badge, yet no button seems to do it.

I love True Crime, I've had it since yesterday and have invested 10+ hours in it (had the day off). I'm still getting GTA, because they are both pretty different, but you'll like it..I hope.

CarGuy
11-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
First off, one thing thats bugging me in true crime is it says you can show people your badge, yet no button seems to do it.

I love True Crime, I've had it since yesterday and have invested 10+ hours in it (had the day off). I'm still getting GTA, because they are both pretty different, but you'll like it..I hope.

Check out the instruction manual. Hold down the left analog stick and hit"X"

TheStall
11-05-2003, 06:11 PM
I must say, I am really ticked off at people who come on to XBA to post opinions (that may affect other's decision on whether or not to buy a game) and have NO idea what they are (1) doing or (2) talking about. Now, I don't have True Crime, but I am thinking about getting it. Tonight, I have been reading up on the boards what people think. So far I have gotten "My buddy who played it for ONE DAY says it sucks." Well, your buddy is an idiot. Second, I have learned that the "game has a rap soundtrack, so it is probably crap" (from another thread here, and another idiot). Third, "I didn't want it because it did not have the ability to make custom soundtracks" (It does... idiot). And lastly! Someone posting about the game and HAS NOT READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL. ARGH! Do people even know how to test a game before they put their thoughts out on the boards or write reviews?? BLAST!:cuss:

Spies
11-05-2003, 06:46 PM
I was initially quite dissapointed with True Crime, choppy framerate and crashes, but today I've been playing it regardless of that, its a good game in its own right, and theres so much to discover. I was shooting at a car today I was in persuit of, I musta hit the gas tank cos the whole rear exploded and the car flipped right over, just like from a film. Over the top maybe, but it creates an atmosphere.

One thing though, what do you do when you're faced with 10 rioting basketball players? :confused:

Is there a way you can call for backup?

George89
11-05-2003, 06:58 PM
From most reviews I have read, the graphics seem to be the best part of the game. I will have to see how others review it, Gamespot game it a 7.2 and usually they are pretty close on it.

TuffEagle88
11-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by TheStall
I must say, I am really ticked off at people who come on to XBA to post opinions (that may affect other's decision on whether or not to buy a game) and have NO idea what they are (1) doing or (2) talking about. Now, I don't have True Crime, but I am thinking about getting it. Tonight, I have been reading up on the boards what people think. So far I have gotten "My buddy who played it for ONE DAY says it sucks." Well, your buddy is an idiot. Second, I have learned that the "game has a rap soundtrack, so it is probably crap" (from another thread here, and another idiot). Third, "I didn't want it because it did not have the ability to make custom soundtracks" (It does... idiot). And lastly! Someone posting about the game and HAS NOT READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL. ARGH! Do people even know how to test a game before they put their thoughts out on the boards or write reviews?? BLAST!:cuss:

I completely agree with you, at first I didn't want it then I read what some people who played it said and I plan on getting it, but now all of these people who don't know what the hell they are talking about are screwing me up. What the hell, if it sucks I'll just sue the people who told me it was good.;)

mattgame
11-07-2003, 12:05 PM
Check the source. There are some pretty objective people on this site. I know it can be annoying but generally I get what I like no matter what people say.

Gameman732
11-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Okay, I got True Crime last night. My initial impressions...

If you are currently playing GTA/GTA:VC, don't buy/rent TC until you've finished. The control layout although customizable, takes some getting use to. The graphics DO NOT take full advantage of the xbox hardware but, they are very adequete. The gameplay itself is pretty sweet. The story branches so there is no need to replay any particular segment (unless you want to) The auto-aim starts off a suckfest but after you visit a couple of the "24/7" ranges, you'll see a dramatic differance in speed & accuracy.

The sounds of the game are fantastic. The NPC comments are funny as hell. Even the corny ones (and there are a few of those) will elicit a chuckle. Be forewarned though, If you don't like "Gangsta Rap" or 80's funk, You better be ready to include your own tunes. There are a few good songs in the default soundtrack including Megedeth, Parliment/ Funkadelic, Ice T and WestSide Connection. The majority of the rest will MuddaFukka, Niggah and Bi-otch you to death.

The gameplay area itself is huge. I made the mistake of getting on an expressway in the game. twentyfive minutes later (and miles away from where I was supposed to be) I made the realization that there is a lot of replay value in this game. You're constantly getting calls from the dispatcher regarding crimes in progress (a feature you can turn off) that you can get involved with or ignore. Gamers familiar with L.A. freeways will have the upper-hand.

All in all, this game will be a great addittion to anyones collection and another reason for Liberman to get his dusty MuddaPuckin azz in front of the Gadam camera Biz-itch! (sorry - game influenced cussin')
IMO - A strong 8 out of 10

BTW - The show your badge thingy is rather hit or miss. Sometimes it'll work. When it does, most of the time (In my experience) the criminals aren't impressed and will shoot you when you do. The ones that will give up will put their hands up as soon as you approach, if you flash your badge or not.

# 1 Stunner
11-08-2003, 08:28 AM
i heard this game feels like dead to rights...:cry:

Gameman732
11-08-2003, 08:39 AM
It's true, but only in the sense that neither game lived up to the hype. With so many games coming out over the next few months, I'd recommend renting this title first. I personally think TC is a VERY good game but, as always, it's a matter of personal preference.

yall
11-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
i heard this game feels like dead to rights...:cry:

Having played both, trust me when I say this game bears little resemblance to Dead to Rights.

mattgame
11-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by yall

Having played both, trust me when I say this game bears little resemblance to Dead to Rights.

This game is more similar to GTA than DTR. I'm gonna throw this out there and get everyones flame on: GTA is boring. I played on PS2 and it's fun for a while but it gets boring. That's why I bought TC first. I haven't been bored with it yet. I even like the combat/fighting system, it's way better than GTA in that department. I say no it's not TS it's TC.

monkeytoot
11-14-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by TheStall

AMEN! you people need to give games more of a chance rather than playing it a day and saying it sucks thats just simple mindedness and missleading..

GTA get the hell out the way! TRUECRIMEs setting the level for games of this kind, just wait till people begin to see wut all this game has to offer. then, watch as the reviews shoot threw the roof! Sure it has sum bugs here and there but its made up for i can assure you!

So take it from me, if your having trouble deciding on wheather or not to purchase this game, or lets say the GTA dp... Ill put it this way. GTA, yay! two games in one..... TRUECRIME hell yay! THREE games in one!!

mattgame
11-14-2003, 11:22 AM
So in conclusion I would like to add that even though I am stuck on this one part, I am enjoying myself. I read reviews on this site carefully, some are good and then some are dodo.

Bakeman
11-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by stexile

RENT THE FREAKING GAME!!

If anyone is ever unsure of a game, why not just go rent the damn thing to see if you like it. Everyone I've seen around here that is unsure of a game just listens to other peoples opinions and then goes another direction. TRY IT FOR YOURSELF AND FORM YOUR OWN OPINION

EDIT: Not that is matters, but I enjoyed the game. Maybe to much, I already beat it just the other night. I am pretty sure I didn't see every ending, but I'll work on those later. I seen 4 different endings. I'm thinking I'm missing atleast 2 more possible 5 more endings. There were a few things that got annoying. 1) When fighting near a wall the camera (reviews talk about this) would sometimes go into the wall and you couldn't see anything. 2) When out on the street doing anything outside of you car you are in danger of getting ran over by someone. It is almost to realistic as this game is in L.A. and L.A. has the worst drivers (depends on how ya look at it) in the USA.

Cyber_Ryuu
11-14-2003, 03:56 PM
I think one of the funnest parts in this game(I rented it last night, so I haven't played it much yet)is breaking up street brawls. Also, if you want to get your cop rating back up, just go frisk everyone, I think you get a point for every arrest you make. Now, I have to go play it some more! Oh, and they did a study and it turns out that MIAMI has the worst drivers. LA may have the meanest people though :D

New_Order
11-14-2003, 05:00 PM
I bought True Crime and I love it...

Bakeman
11-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Cyber_Ryuu
Oh, and they did a study and it turns out that MIAMI has the worst drivers. LA may have the meanest people though :D

OH okay :)

You could also say that the hell the LA drives have to go through everyday they could be the best drivers lol.

FuNkY mOnK
11-14-2003, 10:32 PM
I got on the freeway and almost made it to Brooklyn...Big ass map.

Conchord
11-15-2003, 05:16 AM
Maybe you should try posting in one of the other 400 True Crime threads in the forums.

Spaztic
11-15-2003, 10:59 AM
I beat this game a couple days ago. I thought it was pretty cool. Has some clipping problems. mediocre fighting, shooting, and driving nothing really stellar. The soundtrack is great!!! It only took me about 6hrs. to beat. Nothing more then a renter IMO. If you like GTA you will like this game.

Bakeman
11-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
I beat this game a couple days ago. I thought it was pretty cool. Has some clipping problems. mediocre fighting, shooting, and driving nothing really stellar. The soundtrack is great!!! It only took me about 6hrs. to beat. Nothing more then a renter IMO. If you like GTA you will like this game.

How many endings did you see?

I saw 1 Poor Ending, 1 Average Ending, and 2 Best Endings....