PDA

View Full Version : XBOX LifeSpan

Yata_Garasu
11-05-2003, 11:11 AM
Okay I have owned my XBOX for 2 years now and I recently have been having problems with. Is there anyway to get it cleaned?? My XBOX is very dusty and the laser is very sensitive now to scratched games. I must know soon so that I can get back to playing my games.

:cry:

SniperPete
11-05-2003, 11:15 AM
I would say clean the tray. And buy a lens cleaner for it. U need a special lens cleaner i belive. Im not sure on that

Casper
11-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Get a can of air from your electronics store and a DVD lens cleaner kit. Spray it out first to get rid of the dust then clean it with the lens cleaner - you want the cleaner that's not a wet one.

mattgame
11-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Casper said it already that's what I had to do to get mine up and running again. Afterwards, keep it in a place that is less dusty or cover it up. Take care of it like it's your child.( Don't spank it though, it's sensitive.:D )

gerbil
11-05-2003, 06:01 PM
or you can always get another one! :D

Clever
11-05-2003, 06:08 PM
my xbox gave up on me a month ago, contact BBB.COM about it and they forced M$ to fix it for $50...yup im smart

c_a_i_l_l_o_u
11-05-2003, 06:26 PM
i got my xbox a couple months after it cames out (for free with airmiles) and it is working perfectly. I have it on a shelf, seems to keep it clean and alows air to vent.

George89
11-05-2003, 07:07 PM
I recently returned my XBOX for that reason (luckily I bought the warrenty when I bought XBOX) I just took some cloth and I cleaned it up. There was a huge amount of dust on it, especially in the back.

BunnyRabbit
11-05-2003, 07:46 PM
my friends xbox died at the age of 1 and now nearing the age of 2 mine is showing the same signs of old age as yours is...=P

Ima make sure to ask for these cleaner majigs for christmas..Ill need em bad by that time.

Buccaneer21
11-05-2003, 11:01 PM
I bought my Xbox on the day it came out and I'm sad to say it's on it's death bed. I think it's time for me to take it out back and shoot it lol. Oh well just buy another one. You can sell your Xbox to Gamestop and get 100 store credit. So essentially buy a new sytem for about $80 instead of repairing your old one for $100.:cry:

Highlite23
11-05-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
Get a can of air from your electronics store and a DVD lens cleaner kit. Spray it out first to get rid of the dust then clean it with the lens cleaner - you want the cleaner that's not a wet one.

Casper I hate to dissagree with my XBA Bro's but, I was told "Unofficially" by a XBOX Tech Support guy that if "I" decided to use a lense cleaner in my XBOX, to make sure it was a dual brush dry/wet type.

I have been using "Discwasher" for about a year now. The reason he gave was that the dry only, moves the debris around and doesn't really clean the lense. The dual, moves the debris off, and the wet brush wipes it clean. He also mentioned letting it dry thouroughly before using, I usually wait an hour before firing it up again.

MerimacHamwich
11-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA

Casper I hate to dissagree with my XBA Bro's but, I was told "Unofficially" by a XBOX Tech Support guy that if "I" decided to use a lense cleaner in my XBOX, to make sure it was a dual brush dry/wet type.

I have been using "Discwasher" for about a year now. The reason he gave was that the dry only, moves the debris around and doesn't really clean the lense. The dual, moves the debris off, and the wet brush wipes it clean. He also mentioned letting it dry thouroughly before using, I usually wait an hour before firing it up again.
Can't argue with that.

This thread is making me want to take a cleaner to my system. It doesn't need it, but a little maintenance never hurt anyone.

Hero
11-06-2003, 01:36 AM
mines is doing that too..it freaks me out that only after a year its showing signs of aging..i can even hear the hard drive make funny noises... i have a dry lens cleaner but it hasnt been helping much..i guess ill try to get an air cleaner majiggy...and i guess that dual lens cleaner aswell..

X-Fan
11-06-2003, 04:26 AM
i am the luckiest sob alive.bought my xbox in feb 2002 and it has given me 3 DDES.

Yata_Garasu
11-06-2003, 01:24 PM
I will try all of those techniques... But when I used a aircan on it awhile ago... most of the dust was still on the fan. So I shall try again. Thanx for your help but...

Just to add a note........... I was told to never use a wet cleaner inside my XBOX. So I am kinda worried about using the wet cleaner. But my dry cleaner just doesn't cut it anymore.

mitch2025
11-06-2003, 03:26 PM
i got mine about 2 weeks after it came out and the only probs i had was when the power outlet thingy was loose and i had to open my box and sader it back into place (well my uncle did it) and a few DDE's