PDA

View Full Version : Nfl Fever Help!

Arithmatic
12-27-2001, 01:26 PM
When i'm playing in the games and i am on defense it seems like when the ball is thrown my defensive backs always run pass the ball and then wait and than try to break the play up! Are there any strategies any of you have that you use to avoid this and also, If a receiver is really fast what do you do to avoid them from getting burnt?(what plays do you guys use?) Thanks for your help

Big Ben
12-27-2001, 02:08 PM
Sometimes, it's the play you call... Find out if your opponent has a good running back, and if they don't, call mostly coverage plays. Dime coverage helps more than Nickel if you're expecting a deep pass.

Another option is to take control of a DB as soon as the pass is thrown... if you use speed burst and dive-tackle, (A and B respectively) you should be able to catch anyone.

What I usually do is play a lineman and blitz the opposition. The computer knows when it's about to get sacked and will throw worse passes if hurried. Generally, I run cheat coverages (the plays with all the red and only one or two green arrows for coverage), but this won't stop you from getting beat deep.

The best thing you can do to help your DBs is get good cornerbacks and safeties like Ty Law, Rod Woodson, Jason Sehorn, or Lawyer Milloy. They'll do wonders for your team.

Good luck.

-Big Ben