PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft pitches Xbox deal for holidays

Shadow20002
11-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Microsoft on Monday announced a new holiday package for its Xbox video game console, dimming expectations for another price cut this year.

The new bundle packages an Xbox console with two games--LucasArt's "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" and THQ's "Tetris Worlds Live"--and a two-month trial subscription to Xbox Live, the online service for the console. The package will sell for $180, the Xbox price Microsoft set in May to match price moves by competitor Sony for its PlayStation 2 console.

Many analysts had expected another round of price cuts late this year, in the wake of slowing overall sales for the video game market.

But console makers generally prefer bundling deals to straight price cuts, said Billy Pidgeon, an analyst for research firm Zelos Group. Packages help stimulate sales by providing more value to the consumer, he said, but they also serve other functions such as improving relationships with third-party software publishers and retailers. The Xbox Live trial should also help funnel new customers into the subscription-based service.

Source@ (http://news.com.com/2100-1043_3-5076473.html)

VenoM
11-06-2003, 06:56 PM
isnt this old news...that bundle has been around for awhile now....it isnt exactly a new bundle :watchout:

prakeem
11-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
isnt this old news...that bundle has been around for awhile now....it isnt exactly a new bundle :watchout:

and not the greatest bundle, might I add...

George89
11-06-2003, 07:02 PM
the free games could of been a lot better (tetris?!?!) but at least there is 2 month xbox live to play the games on:D

Trento52
11-06-2003, 07:32 PM
I think they could have come up with a better bundle then that. I saw a bundle i thin in a futureshop mag where they had the xbox bundle with star wars kotor and mechassault. That is an awsome bundle.

plpkb
11-06-2003, 07:39 PM
They did coome up with better bundles just not for NA. It sucks to be the companys #1 customers doesnt it.

DocHoliday78
11-07-2003, 12:24 AM
Yeah i woulda had the other bundle for sure. They should put a decent budnel together for the holidays like mechassault and sc.