PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up GTA

Lucifer_Hawk
11-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Hey guys, I just picked up the GTA double pack for the Xbox, and this being the first time i have owned these two games, I have to say, it is sweet! It comes in this nice shiny packaging that folds out to show both games in individual boxes in these little folds with the game logos on it. I still get high off the new games smell. I am looking to beat GTA 3 first, before moving on to Vice. I was just playing it and the graphics got a major boost. Anyone have this yet, if so, let me hear what you think. I should be posting a review of the DB in a couple days. Until then, its fun times ahead :cheers:

Cold_As_Ice
11-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Yes, I also just purchased the Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack. Man, the graphics are significantly improved from what the PS2 version looked like. Shadowing, textures, character models, etc, are all very nice looking now and very detailed. Also, another minor improvement; Character models hands have individual fingers now, replacing the rectangular boxes of the PS2 version. Custom soundtrack is teh *****'s! Amazing games! :D

Variation-XBA
11-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Dont change the VC soundtrack...its awesome! ;)

Cold_As_Ice
11-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Yes, the VC soundtrack is amazing, yet the GTA3 radio music is aweful. :p

SnoochyBoochy
11-06-2003, 10:04 PM
i'll give my opinion after i get it and play it tomorrow... good god i want it so bad.... oooh baby.. ooh yeah... thats right...

hey... don't watch! :watchout:

blonks
11-06-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy
i'll give my opinion after i get it and play it tomorrow... good god i want it so bad.... oooh baby.. ooh yeah... thats right...

hey... don't watch! :watchout:

WTF?!?!? idafdslkj i mean...ea ashsahsh .....im buying you a pizza...

SnoochyBoochy
11-06-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by blinx

WTF?!?!? idafdslkj i mean...ea ashsahsh .....im buying you a pizza...

let me wash my hands first... :eek:

X-Fan
11-06-2003, 11:47 PM
i already reviewed this game and yes this game looks significantly better than the ones out on pos2.i already reviewed this game on xba.and i do agree the packaging was really nice.

Heavens Gate
11-07-2003, 10:33 AM
I have it and yes the game looks alot better. But you know what??? Turn off the trails and the game almost doubles in clarity. Try it. It looks even better with the trails off.:cheers:

XboxGamers
11-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Anyone went in the Club in Vice City yet? LOL!! SWEET!

laughs
11-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Got it today and I'm loving it

Procto
11-07-2003, 09:58 PM
I was at a friends when he went to pick it up, and we played it almost all afternoon. First was 3 which is good. But we got around to VC and they upgraded a lot. But to me the characters still look weak. They are better than PS2 easily, and I did notice the fingers. The cars in VC are a level above 3, steal a Lambo, WOW! I borrowed 3 this weekend from my friend since he'll be playing VC, I just got done playin' as a matter of fact.

I must say, it's a good game, definitely worth the buy considering you get 3 and VC. I'll probably pick up my own soon enough.

BananaMan
11-08-2003, 12:38 AM
what do you guys mean by turning off the trails or blurs? and how do i turn them off?:watchout: :huh:

Heavens Gate
11-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by BananaMan
what do you guys mean by turning off the trails or blurs? and how do i turn them off?:watchout: :huh:

During gameplay, press start and move the directional pad until you see an option that says trails. Turn it off and viola! The game looks better