PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot gives GTA Bundle a...9.6!

DOOM
11-06-2003, 09:22 PM
While these two games are one and two years old, respectively, they hold up extremely well. They're also unique due to the fact that there simply isn't anything else quite like Grand Theft Auto on the Xbox. Sure, other recent releases have attempted to duplicate specific portions of the GTA formula, but the real deal is still far better than any of the pretenders to follow in its wake. If you're an Xbox owner who either hasn't played these games or is looking to play them again, the Xbox versions of GTAIII and Vice City are the best ones available...
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventure/grandtheftauto3/index.html

Shadow20002
11-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Hmm it's still get some high score !! :eek:

SnoochyBoochy
11-06-2003, 10:01 PM
tomorrow! tomorrow! my game comes in tomorrow!!! it's only a day away!!!

rotfl

Clever
11-06-2003, 10:32 PM
From gamespot too? *faints*

X-Fan
11-06-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
While these two games are one and two years old, respectively, they hold up extremely well. They're also unique due to the fact that there simply isn't anything else quite like Grand Theft Auto on the Xbox. Sure, other recent releases have attempted to duplicate specific portions of the GTA formula, but the real deal is still far better than any of the pretenders to follow in its wake. If you're an Xbox owner who either hasn't played these games or is looking to play them again, the Xbox versions of GTAIII and Vice City are the best ones available...
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventure/grandtheftauto3/index.html
yup gamespot did review this game right and personally i would take gamespot over ign anyday.now more importantly i gave it a 5/5.

DocHoliday78
11-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Clever
From gamespot too? *faints*

LOL i know. That was my reaction:yikes:

MerimacHamwich
11-07-2003, 12:55 AM
Ofcourse they rated it high. They gave it top marks on the PS2, and seeing as this version is basically a direct port, with minor improvements, they would have to rate it high, or risk serious inquisition from thier readers. No surprise to me.

TheCovenant
11-07-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Ofcourse they rated it high. They gave it top marks on the PS2, and seeing as this version is basically a direct port, with minor improvements, they would have to rate it high, or risk serious inquisition from thier readers. No surprise to me.

after i awoke from my coma after reading "from gamespot", thats immediatly what i though:D

l Maximus l
11-07-2003, 02:28 AM

My thoughts exactly..though, you must admit, we have all seen strange scores in the past on multi-platform games and the XBox version got a lower score. Why? It's beyond me...

thegamepeddler
11-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Gamespot reviews have absolutely no basis in reality, thats why this got a 9.6. Anyone look at the graphics score? NINE. Apparently, according to them, this game looks better than all but 4 or 5 Xbox games. Hell, DOA:XBV got a 9. This is the site that gave Amped 2 a 7 in graphics. No one can say with a straight face that GTA 3 and Vice City have good graphics. I don't care if they did remodel the main characters or add some crappy lighting to the vehicles. It looks like garbage.

The rest of the review I don't care about, but if GS is going to inflate graphics scores just so they can justify their overall score, why have a graphics score at all?

MerimacHamwich
11-07-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by thegamepeddler
Anyone look at the graphics score? NINE. This is the site that gave Amped 2 a 7 in graphics.
That is pure gold. Gamespot are so funny...

I can't believe they gave Amped 2 a 7 for graphics! It blows away GTA in that category, so really, I guess it deserves a 10 in that area.

XboxGamers
11-07-2003, 01:59 PM
What ever you guys do, Buy this GTA pack!!1 :D

No Fear 23
11-07-2003, 02:44 PM

That is pure gold. Gamespot are so funny...

I can't believe they gave Amped 2 a 7 for graphics! It blows away GTA in that category, so really, I guess it deserves a 10 in that area.

well, different ppl at gamespot review different games so each of them has a different taste in different games. ya know?

George89
11-07-2003, 02:48 PM
I'll be picking this one up VERY soon:D :D

# 1 Stunner
11-07-2003, 03:22 PM
gamespot..eh? thats very suprising knowing they rarely ever show love to xbox games..i still need to pick this up...mostly because its badass:cheers:

MerimacHamwich
11-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

well, different ppl at gamespot review different games so each of them has a different taste in different games. ya know?
Maybe, but they all consistently rate Xbox games lower than they should be. Like giving Amped 2 a 7 on graphics and GTA a 9? There has to be consistency about what constitutes good graphics, and they don't have that even.

Koopa
11-07-2003, 05:00 PM
they gave rainbow six 3 an 8.4.

i'll never trust them again.

Ito
11-07-2003, 05:04 PM

Yup, Exactly..

thegamepeddler
11-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Maybe, but they all consistently rate Xbox games lower than they should be. Like giving Amped 2 a 7 on graphics and GTA a 9? There has to be consistency about what constitutes good graphics, and they don't have that even.

Well, as I recall, Amped 2 got knocked all the way down to 7 because Kasavin wasnt a big fan of the animations. In contrast, as everyone knows, GTA 3 and VC both have extremely realistic animations... :watchout:

I guess I just don't share their enthusiasm for the GTA series. They see boundless freedom and possibilities. I see boring, aimless repetition in the midst of a "missions hub" game engine doling out mostly anemic assignments.

Also, I'm irritated that they play up the game's soundtrack and barely mentioning custom tracks as an exciting feature. Any Xbox enthusiast will tell you which is more important. Given that GS's reviews, for the most part, focus more on dolby 5.1 than the FREEDOM provided by playing to your own music, I'm led to believe that they simply are not Xbox enthusiasts. Their general malaise toward exclusives, and their constant trumpeting of average EA titles just drives that home for me.

They're bandwagon jumpers, and I think when they believe there isnt a bandwagon to jump on, they take that opportunity to stick it to MS. You can see that anywhere from Amped's 6.7 to Crimson Skies conveniently falling 0.1 short of a 9. Their scoring of graphics and "tilt" are consistently low, and this despite the fact that, obviously, the exclusives have the best graphics overall on the system. Their flawed system got worse when they caved in to all the people complaining that they scored PS2 multiplatform titles higher. Their insistence in carrying scores over now has resulted in such laughable scores as GTAdp, Max Payne, and NBA Live 02 getting the same rating in graphics on the system as DOA: Xtreme Beach Volleyball, which is clearly one of the most beautiful games to date on Xbox.

I think my conclusion is that while you can take their opinion of the game as a point of view to consider, their rating system is simply absurd. And even that said, I will rarely agree with the opinions of people who routinely overhype games on the basis of being able to blow stuff up. Thats cool and all, but after you've spent 15 minutes blowing up everything in sight, and seeing the 50 different decapitation animations the game has to offer, you end up having to play the thing...

[/rant]