PDA

View Full Version : DOOM 3 next fiscal year; Trinity cancelled!

DOOM
11-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Saw on Shack that Activision has announced its financial results and hidden inside is some news on a rough DOOM 3 release date and the cancellation of Trinity.

Activision also announced that the company is modifying its full fiscal year 2004 and third and fourth quarter outlook. The company is raising its outlook for net revenue for the full fiscal year by $30 million to $780 million, while at the same time it is moving DOOM 3 into its next fiscal year for planning purposes. However, the company is taking a one-time, pre-tax charge of approximately $23 million in the third quarter related to product cancellations including the previously announced titles Trinity, Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder 2 and the sequel to Street Hoops.

Next fiscal year... so we'll be looking at sometime during Spring. Hopefully DOOM 3 won't make a third "preview" showing at E3.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/29169

Douchesforfun
11-07-2003, 10:17 AM
sounds good. guess i have to try to get some upgrades for my comp before the game comes out because i want it...

DOOM
11-11-2003, 03:58 AM
I Need DOOM Now!!!!!!!
& Trinity Looked Awesome...:cuss:
Both Were Coming To The Box...
Now It Looks Like Only DOOM Will Make It...

Cottrau
11-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by DOOM
Next fiscal year... so we'll be looking at sometime during Spring. Hopefully DOOM 3 won't make a third "preview" showing at E3.

too bad that it will... This game will come out exactly when Halo 2 does.... and it will be in the 4th quarter of 2004. They are lying to you... and if you don't believe me... start making your own list of release dates. Take release dates of big games that are supposed to come out at any given time at least 6 months from now, and I bet you neearly all of them will be pushed back.

blonks
11-11-2003, 01:23 PM
geeze, doom has taken long enough, how many guys they got workin there?

1? 3? definately not 100

MerimacHamwich
11-11-2003, 01:48 PM
UIt's ok blinx, quality takes time. Like that signature of yours.

Shadow20002
11-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Yup, quality take time but it's already like more than 4 years we are waiting for this. :eek: