PDA

View Full Version : HDTV Trouble, could someone help?

yall
11-07-2003, 10:09 PM
I have a Sony KV32HS20 and and seem to have trouble with games that run in 720p mode, specificaly Freedom Fighters and True Crime.

When I have 720 and 1080 disabled on the Xbox dashboard, the picture is fine. But when I have them enabled, I get a messed up picture. It just appears to be a bunch of horizontal lines, that are slighly angled upward from left to right.

Although, I just looked at the manual, and although it metions 1080i and 480p, it doesn't mention 720. Hmmm... This might suck.

Anyone have any thoughts? Is it possible (or likely) that my TV will do 1080 but not 720?

shawns20
11-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Yes... it is entirely possible for your TV not to be set to run 720p but still be able to run 480p and 1080i. I also am aware of a "known glitch" in Freedom Fighters where some TVs are having trouble with the graphics when 720p is enabled in the X Box dashboard (audio is not affected), in every case I've seen disabling the 720p setting in the dashboard has fixed this glitch. I don't know of any problems with True Crime as of yet (too new)but I do know that Street Hoops is in 720p and has no glitches. Try a copy of Street Hoops with 720p enabled. This is the game I use to test XBox to TV 720p compatability, it seems to be flawless on all 720p TVs unlike Freedom Fighters which has a known problem with some HDTVs. GOOD LUCK !!

:D