PDA

View Full Version : SSX 3 Impresses Critics and Consumers

Shadow20002
11-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS), the world's leading developer and publisher of videogames, today announced that based on "metacritic" ratings its EA SPORTS BIG(TM) title, SSX 3, earned an overall 94 critical rating across platforms, making it the highest rated game of the year. SSX 3's rating is the third consecutive +90 rating for the franchise.

"Having SSX 3 receive such consistently high review scores from all media critics as well as coming out of the gates strong at retail maintains our strong momentum across our lineup," said EA Vice President of Marketing Jeff Karp.

What the critics are saying about SSX 3:

-- "SSX 3 is astounding... A must have." 9.5 out of 10 - Game Informer

-- "One of our all-time top picks for PS2." 10 out of 10 - PSM

-- "The finest snowboard experience on the face of the earth." 9.5 out of 10 - IGN.com

-- "The best 'board game ever." Grade A - Entertainment Weekly

"As evidenced by SSX 3's acclaim, our strong development teams combined with our innovative marketing campaigns put us in the position to deliver to the consumer the best game experiences, and with such strong titles launching across the brands this month including: FIFA Soccer 2004, The Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King, Medal of Honor Rising Sun and Need For Speed Underground, EA is poised for another blockbuster holiday season," added Karp.

SSX 3, which was developed by EA Canada, is rated "E" (Everyone) by the ESRB and retails for $49.95 on the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, Xbox(TM) videogame system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube(TM). For more information on the online features of the product, see the platform-specific pages at www.ssx3.com, the official home page for SSX 3.

JDHack0822
11-08-2003, 12:37 PM
I love the SSX franchise. Amped was a good snowboarding title and I think Amped 2 looks pretty cool as well. However, I have been waiting for SSX three. Hope it lives up to all its hype.

WrathfulPoppa
11-08-2003, 06:08 PM
I haven't played Amped 2 or SSX 3 but I have played SSX Tricky and Amped and I can tell you this: I didn't really like SSX Tricky (especially with it's cross-platform graphics) and I didn't really like Amped, the only reason I didn't like Amped, though, was that it didn't have split-screen modes. Now that Amped 2 does, I don't see how SSX could hold a stick against Amped. These companies don't rate the Xbox games highly because they want to be seen as an unbiased opinion, which is why they ALWAYS rate multi-platform games higher (just look at gamespot).

Casper
11-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by JDHack0822
I love the SSX franchise. Amped was a good snowboarding title and I think Amped 2 looks pretty cool as well. However, I have been waiting for SSX three. Hope it lives up to all its hype.

Let me just say that I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed - SSX3 blows away Tricky in every aspect. The game is not only deep, totally redone, but absolutely more addicting than Tricky was. It's the best snowboarding game I've ever played....and I just put down Amped 2.

AlphaCigara
11-08-2003, 07:24 PM
for my 2 cents, i'll let yall know that EGM gave SSX3 a 9, 9, and 9. And i also back up casper, hands down ssx3 kicks all sorts of ass. however, my only complaint is xba has yet to make it reviewable!!!