PDA

View Full Version : EA onboard with LIVE????

yall
11-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this item goes to Eco-Logic over on the www.gonegold.com boards.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/458/458530p1.html

What are your thoughts on this ? EA B.S propaganda or is there a strong dialogue going on b/n EA and MS?

robnyack
11-08-2003, 04:44 PM
your thread title is no where backup in the article. EA says nowhere or even gives the impression that they are on board with XBL.

I read the article earlier today....I don't think it's BS....anymore than I think what MS says on the subject is BS. They both would like to work out their problems and come to an agreement. But, apparently much easier said by both, than done!

I'm sure they talk. They are two of the biggest names in the game console business. Ultimately, they will make a deal one way or another. They both need each other, and I think they both know that.

Quidditch_King
11-08-2003, 08:07 PM
I agree, they are the two heads of the console gaming industry. they need each other, ying and yang. The problem though is that it doesnt seem that they are going to be making this deal any time soon.

My prediction....September of 2004, the deal will be made, and EA games for XBox live will be shipped for christmas. I hope i'm wrong, i wish they would be making games for xbox live tomorrow but im just banking on a gut feeling.

Chumley
11-08-2003, 08:09 PM
******... you got me thinking that ea was supporting xbl...argh

yall
11-09-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
your thread title is no where backup in the article. EA says nowhere or even gives the impression that they are on board with XBL.

Trouble reading?

"IGN Sports: Yeah, but if you want the most amount of people to play online and join the Nation, doesn't that mean that you eventually have to support Xbox Live and bring your games beyond the PlayStation 2?

Chip Lange: Yes. "

There is alot more to his answer, but that is his initial response to the question.

I suppose I could have titled the thread to say "EA considers being on board with XBL".

robnyack
11-09-2003, 09:03 AM
yall,

I think you are reading too much into it. What would you expect the head of EA to say when asked that question? "Nah, we don't need XBL. They are probably just a flash in the pan anyways"???

He is going to give a diplomatic postive response that will not alienate MS and will not alienate a huge segment of the gaming population.

It's just pr talk. Both sides want a deal. Both sides say nice things about the other. Both sides have issues that prevents a deal from being made. Both sides want to try and break the deadlock. At some point they will, because they both need each other.

In my opinion, the larger the xbox base grows the more pressure it puts on EA to make a deal.

yall
11-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by yall
What are your thoughts on this ? EA B.S propaganda or is there a strong dialogue going on b/n EA and MS? [/B]

I don't really see how posing a question is reading too much into it. I think you are reading too much into my post.:D

Lucifer_Hawk
11-09-2003, 01:07 PM
I am pretty sure that EA will go on with Xbox LIve, I am not saying that from reading that, but, you can't just let XBL go on forever without EA games on it. EA will join the Live groupies someday, if not now, then years from now, but someday they will do it.

Stormlord
11-09-2003, 02:55 PM
Sadly by that time the Battlefield series won't have a prayer on making it to Xbox. :cry:

BCan
11-10-2003, 04:53 AM
If EA and MS couldn't get an agreement together in the time that MS would've made their plans clear to the gaming industry, who seriously expects EA to change their viewpoint???

Whilst MS has control over what games are on the Live network, and not the games distributors, EA will avoid XBL itself. The best indication of games from EA for the XBOX that will have online multiplyare support, is to use the GameSpy system to do it....