PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Rumor. Release date - 11/28

TheRiddleBoX
11-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Very interesting rumor.... I still doubt it though..what do you guys think?Click Here to see it (http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi/article/EpylFpZVAZDEliHBif/tmpl/xxt_zc_template/prof/dev)

yeszir
11-08-2003, 05:17 PM
I wont believe it until its in my hands. Why would they not announce it earlier if it were coming out holday season to take advantage or pre-orders, and to let kids beg their grandparents for copies of the game for months in advance.

WrathfulPoppa
11-08-2003, 05:18 PM
I began to think the same thing when the release date was prospectively moved to April 1st. But heres the deal. A rumor is a rumor. If this is true it may be very upsetting to many who were planning on pre-ordering, especially companies that haven't set up pre-ordering plans but were going to in the future. All I can say is that if Halo 2 comes ahead of schedule I'll show up on Bungie's doorstep and kiss each and every one of them. I don't care how f a g-alicious that sounds, I'll just have to do it (follow the link in my sig to see why Halo 2 matters so much to me).

ColdStone
11-08-2003, 05:27 PM
I highly doubt it. Try to do that with HALO II would be like trying to cover an Elephant with a rug and say its your new coffee table.

News that big, cant stay just a rumor.

WrathfulPoppa
11-08-2003, 05:31 PM
I dunno ColdStone, Bungie and Microsoft could dish out quite a christmas bonus if this was kept a secret... Besides, it was leaked (possibly, remember, its still a rumor) so who's to say that it isn't true?

ColdStone
11-08-2003, 05:34 PM
Thats true. I could happen. But if it did, I would feel so sorry for all the store emplyees. It would be the "Tickle Me Elo" of all video games this Holiday Season!

WrathfulPoppa
11-08-2003, 05:39 PM
http://h2ofiles1.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/poop.gif
Screw 'em, I need my Halo 2.

diranged
11-08-2003, 07:10 PM
:watchout:

Shorezy
11-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Yeah man i don't think I believe it. Why would they make an official date and then get it out early? To "Surprise" us? I dono about that. But on the other hand i guess you never know. So i guess we'll just have to wait and see, we obviously wouldn't mind, so lets hope for the best!

SniperPete
11-08-2003, 07:34 PM
I sorta belive this roomer. But ill haveto wait and see i suppose

thatroger
11-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Maybe they can get it out by Christmas but they game won't be as good. They're probably trying to hit the Christmas jackpot.

Halo 2 + Christmas = Cash Bonanza for Microsoft

JediMasterChief
11-08-2003, 07:48 PM
This is just a rumor. Who knows...the shop manager might just not be up-to-date. It is highly unlikely that we will see Halo 2 this year, especially considering the fact that Bungie still need to work on it.

We've only seen two trailers for the game and you people think it will come out in a month?

TheChosen001
11-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Great !!

CarGuy
11-08-2003, 08:15 PM
I dont know guys. Could you imagine the press this would get? I hope it happens... ::Crosses fingers::

Cottrau
11-08-2003, 08:27 PM
being that the "rumor" was posted by "Guest" on a nonreputable website... it's completely false. If this story he's telling has any truth in it, it's because someone else misheard someone talking about the game coming out before Xmas 04

LTM360
11-08-2003, 09:18 PM
I belive it, me and a few friends were always wondering why it would be set for April Fools Day. So I belive this rumor, since M$ would get more $$$ in one set on Christmas, as apposed after chirstmas. In my case however, im pre-ordering Halo 2 after Christmas if it does come out later.

Variation-XBA
11-08-2003, 09:21 PM
I work at EB, and I've spoken to our xbox rep that comes once a month... it's not comming this year as he was told..

And not doing a big announcement and just releasing it would be stupid for Bungie/MS, cause yea there's hype, but then people wont get pre-order's etc etc...

No Fear 23
11-08-2003, 09:46 PM
this is not true.

im gonna e-mail this to bungie and Ebgames.

BunnyRabbit
11-08-2003, 10:17 PM
Ive heard that exact rumor before and have mentioned it on here before...People must have ignored me..LoL..
I heard it was set to come out before christmas but I didnt know all that April 1st stuff...
I think its possible, I mean Bungie seems like the kind that like to suprise and trick. If it did Id be unbelievably happy, but chances are its 04 sometime.

DocHoliday78
11-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Damn that page took a long time to load. I am sure this is just a rumor. Everyone wishes this was true but if bungie needs time to finish the game then let them. I dont want a half assed sequel, i want a perfected halo 2.

dances with broom sticks
11-08-2003, 11:35 PM
I dont really think it would be in the best intrest of the company... Think of the money they would loose by the average joe. The one who doesnt know to pre order, the one who expects to waltz in and pick up a game, or the one who doesnt spend time on a gaming website? With less then a month to Xmas, it is FAR too late for a major game to be surprise released intime to make money.

Face it guys, it just isnt going to happen

xbox genius
11-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by TheRiddleBoX
Very interesting rumor.... I still doubt it though..what do you guys think?Click Here to see it (http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi/article/EpylFpZVAZDEliHBif/tmpl/xxt_zc_template/prof/dev)

i dont this will be true, i hear lots of rumors about halo2 and they were proven wrong eveyr single one of them, what makes this one any different? it got me a little excited reading about this, but i have my doubts...

JJaX
11-09-2003, 07:31 AM
People are so gullable....

M$ isnt going to release the most aticipated Xbox gamer ever, without any warning.

StudioAlex
11-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Just ask yourself which variable is more likely:

That microsoft would try something as risky as this with their billion dollar killer app.

Or that this "guest" person is just some stupid, lying kid.

Though I would like to pick up Halo for 19.99 seeing as how my first copy somehow dissapeared. Luckily we only have to for six days to be dissapointed.

I could see Bungie doing something silly and suprising us all, but not dollars and cents Microsoft.

Floodman
11-09-2003, 10:05 AM
I've heard people say this rumor before. It's not going to happen though. Unless Microsoft has a huge ad campaign saying Halo 2 is out in stores now. Highly unlikely. (...goes to best buy and preorders halo 2 )

E Nomini Patri
11-09-2003, 12:20 PM
I feel sorry for all the people who think they'll get this game this year. It won't happen. Trust me. Bungie may like to fool people, but that doesn't mean they don't have common sense. That's how they got to where they are in the first place! My guess is that they'll just release a little more tongue-wetting info on the game, like reveal a little story or give some game specs to the public. But they won't release the game without some lead time!

WrathfulPoppa
11-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Rumor control 101
Okay, I'm posting this to decrease the mail flood, not because I want to lend any validity to the absurdity. There are rumors around the net right now that Halo 2 will be released, in a suprise move, in less than a week. (Here's one story now.) I don't have any inside information on when the game will be out... but I can say, with certainty, that if it DOES pop onto store shelves next Saturday, I'll probably stop running this site, because I will have clear evidence of how far out of the loop I really am. I believe there WILL be some Halo-related announcements - quite possibly the Halo 2 DVD/Controller bundle we mentioned yesterday, or maybe something bigger - but it won't be Halo 2, finished and boxed. I'm as sure of that as I am that I watched a pretty cool lunar eclipse last night.

-Halo.Bungie.Org (HBO)

Stormlord
11-09-2003, 12:34 PM
I don't know cause I always saw Halo 2 as a When it's done game. These games take a long wait to finish. But it would suck ass for us gamers that didn't pre-order. Anyways MS would start announcing that Halo 2 would come out in a few days or weeks so that people will go to the store and buy it. If no one knows that it comes out on that day then no one will go to check it out. Only like a day after or half a day later would the buzz erupt. Why? cause some people will notice that on Live it'll say someone is playing Halo 2 or the lucky few that got a copy would play Halo all day the first day and then tell people the day after. I'd say it's safe to be on the "when it's done" thing.

E Nomini Patri
11-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa
Halo.Bungie.Org (HBO)

Finally, another XBA member who visits HBO, the sacred relic of the internet. I go at least twice a day to get all the updates on the Halo world.

# 1 Stunner
11-09-2003, 06:00 PM
guys..that link is not the only proof to halo coming early...u see that commercial with p diddy? in it, it says it will shock the world and at the end it has master cheif.....and i believe at gamespot or sumwhere like that, theres a deal having to do with counter strike and halo 2....remember also, xbox's 2 year anniversary is coming up...think about it....i hope this is right....i need to preorder this game right now...

Chaotic
11-09-2003, 06:33 PM
:rofl:

You guys believe anything.

This is definatly BS!!!

ZeroDay
11-09-2003, 06:59 PM
MS has made commercials with halo in it with 11.15 in them, so something might be happening. Also, I called up EB games and they said no comment...Well, its just a theory, a most likely WRONG theory...but :) ONE CAN DREAM!

No Fear 23
11-09-2003, 07:01 PM
are u serious? if so, where did u see the comercial at? if ur lying, then i dont like u anymore. tell the truth. ;)

ZeroDay
11-09-2003, 07:07 PM
http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/board/message?board.id=systemwars&message.id=1630596

There are some screenies....I have not seen the commercial...its probobly just hype.

Snoopy7548
11-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
I heard it was set to come out before christmas but I didnt know all that April 1st stuff...

on xbox.com, it says the release date is March 2004

AloneInTheDark
11-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Here are some shots of the commercial

http://xboxcentral.net/images/halocommercial/1.jpg

http://xboxcentral.net/images/halocommercial/2.jpg

http://xboxcentral.net/images/halocommercial/4.jpg

http://xboxcentral.net/images/halocommercial/5.jpg

http://xboxcentral.net/images/halocommercial/3.jpg

AloneInTheDark
11-09-2003, 07:10 PM
damn you got to it before me.

Master Gracey
11-09-2003, 07:13 PM
If that's the truth, then they've done an amazing job of keeping quiet! Better to have a release date sneak up on you than having it pushed back endlessly.

No Fear 23
11-09-2003, 07:14 PM
damn, im hoping its not photoshoped.

No Fear 23
11-09-2003, 07:16 PM
EDIT: look at the rating M. it looks like esrb has already played the game. damn, if its true then they did do a good job keeping it secret.

Yankeez
11-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Bungie, famed developer of the Halo franchise, recently released a public statement regarding "a special celebration of the two year anniversary of Halo's release." The party will take place at the in Bellevue, Washington. Scattered amongst the crowd of Halo fanatics and Bungie employees will be Halo PC and Halo Xbox tournaments taking place along with Halo trivia, plenty of prizes and possibly even a special guest. The celebration starts at 1:00 PM on Saturday, November 15. We'll bring your more information on the event as it is released.

No Fear 23
11-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez
Bungie, famed developer of the Halo franchise, recently released a public statement regarding "a special celebration of the two year anniversary of Halo's release." The party will take place at the in Bellevue, Washington. Scattered amongst the crowd of Halo fanatics and Bungie employees will be Halo PC and Halo Xbox tournaments taking place along with Halo trivia, plenty of prizes and possibly even a special guest. The celebration starts at 1:00 PM on Saturday, November 15. We'll bring your more information on the event as it is released.

and??

Sodacider
11-09-2003, 07:21 PM
i'm about to cream myself.

only if this is true though.

AloneInTheDark
11-09-2003, 07:23 PM
that explains the "it's good to play together"..I still think it's fake. I think a company as smart as bungie would know that it would go like this "It's good to play together" hence, CAPITALS PEOPLE!

Yankeez
11-09-2003, 07:26 PM
and so its not coming out on nov 15

thanx bye

this thread is pointless

Kortiz
11-09-2003, 07:30 PM
ahh well, when it gets here, it gets here.

I just bought 4 games......i still gotta get some time in on these games before i soil myself over another game.

Whisper
11-09-2003, 07:35 PM
I think it's photoshopped... the "11.15" font, appears to be the same font used in the Matrix Revolutions trailer when "11.05" appears... would have been easy to erase the zero and copy and paste the 1... the XBOX logo caps we have all seen before.. and the cap wth the ESRB rating on it could just be clever photoshop work...

with saying all that... i still hope im WRONG!

No Fear 23
11-09-2003, 07:37 PM
this one leads to another suspicious. go there http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Games/default.htm

and at the bottom of the page, it says coming soon and halo 2 is in it. why would they have halo 2 coming soon if it was supposed to be released in march or so when its like 4-5 months away. why not have a different game that is coming out sooner than halo 2 in the coming soon section? pgr2 is not coming out till the 18th of november and halo 2 is placed before PGR2. something is up i tell ya.

DupicDDC
11-09-2003, 07:56 PM
It would be nice...but it even looks feburary is early...

Reclaimer
11-09-2003, 07:56 PM
As the famous military saying goes: Standby to standby again.

Look at it this way. Nine days to go, if this where real. If someone where smart, they'd go to EB or somewhere like that and see if they can preorder Halo2 now. If it where to come out in nine days, they would be besiged with orders. They would have their shipment the day before, as I learned from experience.

No Fear 23
11-09-2003, 08:02 PM
all this hype had made me to preorder my halo 2 copy. just in case and ya never know ;)

thAshAdyOne
11-09-2003, 08:12 PM
i think it was best buy who had the release date on the day i get my license...March 1.....i dunno all i know is im gettin it no matter what

Reclaimer
11-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
all this hype had made me to preorder my halo 2 copy. just in case and ya never know ;)

When did you preorder it. Just now? Did they tell you anything about the date?

BunnyRabbit
11-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Omg....If those screenshots are real...quick everybody try to pick apart the pics for flaws...!

Commercial about the new release of Best hits I bet it! Halo is gonna be platinum isnt it? Maybe that is it?

And is it just me or does the "M" for mature look attached?

Snake Eyez
11-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Halo2 and Tupac will appear on the same day to put closure on two highly anticipated events.:watchout:

Whisper
11-09-2003, 08:35 PM
http://games.thedgn.com/news/images/ebhalo2ad.jpg

digital photo off the EB games flyer! With the Xmas wishlist there! You can barely read it but its there!

the story gets deeper...

Snoopy7548
11-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k3
http://games.thedgn.com/news/images/ebhalo2ad.jpg

digital photo off the EB games flyer! With the Xmas wishlist there! You can barely read it but its there!

the story gets deeper...

and it says that the promotion expries on 11/25/03:watchout: :watchout:

Whisper
11-09-2003, 08:46 PM
10 days is enough time for the fanatics who will be the only ones stupid enough to give 4 games for 1! and still pay 10 bucks!

wbio
11-09-2003, 08:49 PM
well, I am not getting my hopes up, because if this is wrong, I would be extremely upset, so I am going to just believe it is not coming out for a long time, and then maybe I will get a surprise. There do seem to be a lot of hints though :watchout: By the way, wasn't this posted in the general discussion (without the screens)?

Snoopy7548
11-09-2003, 08:50 PM
that ad must be wrong though. because fable and pgr2 are coming out next year. and ninja gaiden is coming out in december:watchout:

Whisper
11-09-2003, 08:52 PM
thats the only thing wrong with the ad... but it doesn't look photshopped.. prehaps someone actually took the tim to make that ad in print.. and the take a pic of it..

dances with broom sticks
11-09-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k3
thats the only thing wrong with the ad... but it doesn't look photshopped.. prehaps someone actually took the tim to make that ad in print.. and the take a pic of it..

Or trade in the games and 9.99 for a preorder? doesnt seem that odd to me?

And didnt Yankeez clear up what the commercial meant?

BunnyRabbit
11-09-2003, 08:56 PM
My god if this is fake its really not funny...because my hopes are above skyhigh...:cry:

please bungie...make it official...stop tugging on my strings!

STOP IT!!!:cuss:

JDHack0822
11-09-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
guys..that link is not the only proof to halo coming early...u see that commercial with p diddy? in it, it says it will shock the world and at the end it has master cheif.....and i believe at gamespot or sumwhere like that, theres a deal having to do with counter strike and halo 2....remember also, xbox's 2 year anniversary is coming up...think about it....i hope this is right....i need to preorder this game right now...

This is for everyone not just G-Unit. Let me know if you find a link to this commercial you are talking about. I don't think I have ever scene it.

Casper
11-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
that ad must be wrong though. because fable and pgr2 are coming out next year. and ninja gaiden is coming out in december:watchout:

PGR2 comes out 11/17

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/237765.asp

Ninja Gaiden - 12/15

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/225118.asp

Fable - 3/1 ??

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/232734.asp

And the best one....April Fool's for Halo 2

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/231432.asp

I swear, I'm going to start taking bets...who else is with me that it comes out 11/15? They HAVE to do something huge for their anniversary, 2 years in a row now they did, so what is it this year??? :watchout:

Btw, something else to think about...since when did games launch on a Thursday - that's what April Fool's is next year :confused:

No Fear 23
11-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

ur wrong here. PGR 2 is coming out november 18th. :p

i think that deal is for when u preorder the most wanted games.

Snake Eyez
11-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

I swear, I'm going to start taking bets...who else is with me that it comes out 11/15? They HAVE to do something huge for their anniversary, 2 years in a row now they did, so what is it this year??? :watchout:

Btw, something else to think about...since when did games launch on a Thursday - that's what April Fool's is next year :confused:

So now even Casper is making the rumors worse. The 15th is just around the corner.

Casper
11-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Front page of halo.bungie.org

Rumor control 101
Okay, I'm posting this to decrease the mail flood, not because I want to lend any validity to the absurdity. There are rumors around the net right now that Halo 2 will be released, in a suprise move, in less than a week. (here's one story now (http://games.thedgn.com/index.php?page=news/EpylFFuyllqRxBTDHp.php) .) I don't have any inside information on when the game will be out... but I can say, with certainty, that if it DOES pop onto store shelves next Saturday, I'll probably stop running this site, because I will have clear evidence of how far out of the loop I really am. I believe there WILL be some Halo-related announcements - quite possibly the Halo 2 DVD/Controller bundle we mentioned yesterday, or maybe something bigger - but it won't be Halo 2, finished and boxed. I'm as sure of that as I am that I watched a pretty cool lunar eclipse last night. (Side note: if you have news for posting on HBO, please - send it to halo@bungie.org; my personal address is to be used for personal communication, not general news. When I'm out of town, anything you send to me, personally, languishes until I'm back, whereas info sent to the main HBO address gets read by a number of people with posting privileges. Thanks!) (Louis Wu 14:40:06 UTC) (permalink)

No Fear 23
11-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA

PGR2 comes out 11/17

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/237765.asp

Ninja Gaiden - 12/15

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/225118.asp

Fable - 3/1 ??

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/232734.asp

one thing that bothers me is if halo 2 is coming out november 15th, which is a saturday and to all those ppl that pre-ordered it, it wont prolly be shipped till monday the 17th. so, maybe its not really coming out on the 15th. i think maybe they will announce that halo 2 has gone gold and will annoucne the official release date.

Third Eye
11-09-2003, 09:14 PM
http://games.thedgn.com/index.php?page=news/EpylupAyZlFHFlVfkM.php

What do you all think about this? Imo it's a hoax, but still 11/15/03? Two year anniversary.
Yes 11/15/2001 xbox launched
11/15/2002 xbox live
11/15/2003......halo 2?

X-Fan
11-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez
wow u guys are still doubtful that it is'nt coming out november 15?does'nt yankee's post explain what that ad is about?

Yankeez
11-09-2003, 09:42 PM
those pics dont mean anything who cares if its a pic of master chief when u think of xbox and Nov 15 the first game taht comes to mind is Halo so maybe halo is becoming a platinum hit

Yankeez
11-09-2003, 09:50 PM
no, yankeez is a stupid freakin idiot

i dont think they would have a commercial just to hype people up about halo 2 release date anyone think taht it might be Halo going platinum? or a price drop?

god i love flaming myself:D

AmpedRider
11-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Id like to call BULL****:cuss:

Whisper
11-09-2003, 10:21 PM
lets just sop fighting and chant..

NOVEMBER 15TH.. NOVEMBER 15tH.. NOVEMBER 15TH

5446t2TECH
11-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Its fake, read the Fine print in the Deal Coupon...Says Pre-Owned games, systems, and accesories are excluded....Why would you trade in 4 new games for Halo 2?

Chaotic
11-09-2003, 10:38 PM
I'll bet 50k that it won't come out the 15th, anyone wanna bet against me :eek:

Shadow20002
11-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Fake or not....time will tell. :P

Agent Sirus
11-09-2003, 10:45 PM
I had this theory that came to mind before all of these suspected rumors started flying thru the web, but it was more of a dream phantasy than a theory...

now that its all over the web I kind of am thinking its very possible.

(My theory, that is if it is all true is as follows...)

I was watching some news thing a few weeks ago and I saw this thing about an advertising company that did "Undercover Advertising." The goal was to start hype about upcoming... products, entertainment or whatever. Some of the forms of doing this could be walking up to someone and pretending they like the same stuff as you and "hintfully" sell you this new product.

They later revealed they had asked anyone interested in the subject matter to use the internet to post all sorts of factual stuff about a particular movie and in return they would see it before anyone else. Basically talking to people to get the hype all stirred up for this movie.

Some companies hire this type of advertisers and pay them WAY more to KEEP quiet about all of it. For two reasons 1) cause they don't want to make possible consumers feel like it was a whole set up to get them interested in their product, instead of a friendly jesture. 2) cause they have enough money to make sure it stays quiet.

Just my theory-
S1RU5

Warchant
11-09-2003, 11:56 PM
you guys are nuts....im not going to be holding my breath for this release date

Arrix
11-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Ill only believe this if Michael Jackson turns back into a black man.

Erw1n
11-10-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage
I'll bet 50k that it won't come out the 15th, anyone wanna bet against me :eek:

I'll take that bet, and raise it another 10k monopoly dollars. Think guys, Halo 2 doesn't need any marketing for crying out loud. I will say this, when it is released, expect a mad dash and long lines to get the game.:D :cheers:

BlackWeenie
11-10-2003, 01:26 AM
its coming out in march/april
http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/231432.as

(from site) Ships on 04/01/2004

Sodacider
11-10-2003, 01:33 AM

and in BIG BOLD HAPPY PRINT:

The ship date is subject to change and has not been confirmed by the manufacturer.

RagunCajun
11-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Look MS is just messing with all of our minds. Let it go. And if it does come out on the 15, first ill change my underware(assuming i am wearing some). Then ima hop in my truck and haul ass to the store. Then im come here and watch about 20 new threads just on halo 2 to start.

Casper
11-10-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Arrix
Ill only believe this if Michael Jackson turns back into a black man.

So you need a time machine cuz he was once, but will never be again :rofl:

And dam, this should be interesting, wonder if this did happen, that it launched on 11/15 , how would Xbox sales do?

touch
11-10-2003, 07:17 AM
that would be real nice,lets keep our fingers crossed:cheers:

Sheeyt
11-10-2003, 08:24 AM
Here is some more from www.thedgn.com.

Rumor: Halo 2 Out in Less than a Week Saturday, November 8 2003 | By Mark

As November 15 steadily approaches, rumors are flying around the Internet regarding Microsoft's big surprise for the system's second anniversary. November 15, 2001 marked the launch of the system (along with the game that put Microsoft on the mat, Halo), Nov 15, 2002 marked the launch of Xbox Live and rumors are currently stating that 2003 will be the biggest surprise releases in the history of videogaming.

While this is only a rumor, an actual Microsoft Xbox public relations representative has contacted managers for both EB and Game Crazy retailers releasing some rather interesting news. The district managers of both stores were told that Halo: Combat Evovled will be joining the Platinum Hit's list on November 15, which sequentially drops its price to $19.99.

The current buzz is that Halo 2 will also be available on the 15th, that same day the original drops in price. A district manager of EB is saying the game will be available that day for numerous reasons. The "Vendor of the Month" at EB stores for November is the Microsoft Xbox, a mysterious Halo 2 trade-in deal has surfaced this month and the tentative ship date for the game is currently April 1 (April Fools Day). We are sure we'll have more on what may be the biggest surprise release in the recent history of videogames.

Update: Upon further research, The Digital Gaming Network acquired "EB Games Holiday Wish List" from a local EBX retail store and can confirm that the Halo 2 trade-in deal is imminent. The deal is titled "Snag a most wanted Xbox title for only $9.99." It states, "Trade-in 4 Xbox titles and receive any of the following for $9.99: Halo 2, Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, Fable and Ninja Gaiden." On the similar note, Halo 2 is also listed numerous times in the back of the literature under the "Employee Wish List 2003."

The EB Games website, which still lists Halo 2 for an April 1 release date includes the following in bold lettering: "The ship date is subject to change and has not been confirmed by the manufacturer."

While we cannot confirm the following, some are saying that the Xbox's new spokesperson, Sean P. Diddy Combs, does a voice over in a commercial seen on NBC, where he states, "The world will know Xbox on November 15" accompanied by a picture of the Xbox logo with the Halo's series hero, Master Chief, seen in the backdrop.

We'll deliver more as it unfolds.

One other thing I forgot. On www.xbox.com under Live Games, Halo 2 is now listed in the "Coming Soon" section with PGR2. Why would they list a game that's still 4-5 months away, in the "Coming Soon" section when they could put, Counter-Strike, Links 2004, or any of the other good games coming out. I'm praying to the Xbox gods.

RudedogX
11-10-2003, 08:33 AM
I find it very hard to believe that they would indeed do this with so little hype behind it. However, if they do...I will have 4 XBox games in my car just waiting to bring them into EBGames that day.:watchout:

Duke
11-10-2003, 08:38 AM
This 4 titles deal doesn't sound like much of one to me. Unless they're just crap games, it's not worth it. The most I've ever traded in for a new one was 3 (which, IMO is still pretty ridiculous). And still had a balance left over.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you all wanted to check it around before you hand over 4 games for 1.

RudedogX
11-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
This 4 titles deal doesn't sound like much of one to me. Unless they're just crap games, it's not worth it. The most I've ever traded in for a new one was 3 (which, IMO is still pretty ridiculous). And still had a balance left over.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you all wanted to check it around before you hand over 4 games for 1. I'm actually thinking 4 of the oldest and worst games I've got.:D

HaloDevil
11-10-2003, 09:01 AM
This is my first post at XBA. I like your forums. Seems like you have a bunch of nice peeps here. Anyway, this "rumor" has really hit the high roads and is scattered across all the major xbox forums including TXB, FXB, XB365, xbox.com forums and (obviously)here. There has been so many attempts to convince us that it's true but as of yet I still remain highly sceptical. I direct you to a thread I started at FXB as it contains a great deal of information about the rumor. Another thread at TXB has about 39 pages as of the time of this post but I have gone through it and collected all the bits and pieces and consolidated them one much smaller thread at FXB.

Halo II Rumor Discussion at FXB (http://forums.funxbox.com/showthread.php?threadid=17543&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Enjoy. :)

treyz3
11-10-2003, 09:59 AM
This would be great if it's true. And one of the best kept secrets... EVER.

Yankeez
11-10-2003, 10:29 AM
But it's a 2004 title you say! Well it was, but reports from the net suggest otherwise, as does a P.Diddy Xbox advert seen on NBC yesterday where the great big fool says, "The world will know XBox" and then, "on November 15th" appears.

The internet reports? Well the best one I've seen so far is from DGN:
"The representative placed the disc into the store's Xbox console and demonstrated some of the game's single-player components. He then told the store employees in the room that Halo 2 would be made available in stores on November 28, 2003, which is referred to in the retail industry as "Black Friday" because the day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year. He stated that the assumed date when the game would privately "go gold" (completed) was November 7."

The article later states that the November 15th date is when a demo of the game will be released via Xbox Live, and, although the article doesn't state this, presumably through retailers too.
So, a load of rubbish, or the biggest shock of 2003? And, if it is true, how has the game been finished 3-4 months ahead of schedule. Time will tell...

jelgiad
11-10-2003, 10:30 AM
dont know if anyone seen this....i got the link from xbox scene. It looks like the latest rumor is saying that its available the 28, the day after thanksgiving, and a demo will be available via live on the 15th

http://games.thedgn.com/index.php?page=news/EpyluupAAlohUFeHEf.php

P.S. I will probably be going to gamestop after school to reserve me a few copies.....just in case it turns out to be true

mattgame
11-10-2003, 10:33 AM
I would nut in my boxers if this came out this Christmas season. :D

Sheeyt
11-10-2003, 10:35 AM
I just called my local EB and asked if they knew anything.....The guy laughed at me. :cry:

LiquidX
11-10-2003, 10:39 AM
God I hope your right after getting my hopes up! I also hope there is a store available demo like you said since I dont have live :( .

Torlough
11-10-2003, 10:43 AM
Thats cause EB wants all of our 5$ to put in the bank and make intrest on untill May 25 2004 when halo's release date will coincide with E3. The April first makes since from a buisness standpoint. You have a playable Demo at E3 during May 13-16. You get all the sales reps psyched to order it for store shelves and do your netowrking and ordering at E3. Wallmart K-Mart EB etc. See the hype on the trade floor order Halo2 like crazy. The orders are filled when they get done with E3 middle May then Halo 2 is shipped arriving at stores on April 1st. As far as the March date that is a rumor too It staes quit clearly Bungie has not and will not give any release dates unitll the game is done.

IMHO

And finally with all this huge christmas cash thing for microsoft. Do you think they desperatly need the money?:? Or sales would be any less grand whenever the game is released.

xbox is not so much a money maker for microsoft and it doesn't need to be for a while.

mattgame
11-10-2003, 10:53 AM
I work at EBgames and we do have the box art up with other future releases like Inside Drive, and Project Gotham 2. The only thing is there is no boxart, it's just Halo2 in with a black background. Who knows?

Shadow20002
11-10-2003, 11:11 AM
All i know about this Cristmas is Ninja Gaiden !!! ;)

Torlough
11-10-2003, 11:18 AM
I read this on another board and thought it was valid. November 15th is when the "release date" of Halo 2 will be announced.

prakeem
11-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Man, I love this ish, make me laugh out loud and wonder at the same time. Rumors make the gaming industry rejuvinated, they are welcome and somtimes needed! But, this is one of the most hilarious and rediculus things I have heard in a while......call me the fool if it comes true! :cheers:

Evil_Icon
11-10-2003, 11:42 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/evilicon/halo_2.jpg

jelgiad
11-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Torlough
The April first makes since from a buisness standpoint. You have a playable Demo at E3 during May 13-16. You get all the sales reps psyched to order it for store shelves and do your netowrking and ordering at E3. Wallmart K-Mart EB etc. See the hype on the trade floor order Halo2 like crazy. The orders are filled when they get done with E3 middle May then Halo 2 is shipped arriving at stores on April 1st.

um...last time i looked at a calender, April 1 comes before May 13-16

jelgiad
11-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Evil_Icon

is "The Fallen" an official sub-tilte.....i hadnt heard that one yet

JDHack0822
11-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Evil Icon when did you take this pic??

prakeem
11-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Evil_Icon

Hey, I just made one of those Box arts yesterday :watchout:

:rofl: keep these manifestations of hope coming :rofl:

Unreal
11-10-2003, 11:57 AM
IF THIS TURNED OUT TRUE, it is done IMO to throw the competition a curve ball. Right now having Nintendo and Sony believe one of the biggest games your system has will not make it out before the holiday season, lets them put more time into theirs for their system. You see all 3 players try and release a big game on the same day as another big game, to steal sales away from the other guy. An example is this. Final Fantasy X-2 was going to be realeased in North America sometime in December. Which is a good date for christmas shoppers. Then Square/Enix announced the game is being pushed up. Guess what the date is? November 18th, 2003 and I will give you one guess what that date happens to be ;) Its the day Mario Kart: Double Dash comes out for the Cube.

IMO FFX-2 is Sonys biggest game this holiday season and now Nintendo has to go up against it with Mario. If kids or some adults can only have one game and they like both, now one of the 2 companys will lose out having them both released on day one. There will be some gamers that will own both. But you get the idea I am trying to make. Now back to MS with Halo 2. You can get the game ready for shipment and have it waiting in your warehouse. 2 weeks before you want to ship you can announce that it has gone gold and give retailers the copies they think they will see sell. Preorders are good because you can judge how big a game will be. There is no need to have preorders for Halo 2 because MS/Bungie know the game will be big. If any of the 3 million plus owners of Halo are impressed with the game in the slightest, then you are looking at a possible 3 million plus sales for Halo 2.

But that is just my opinion. If it comes out early, great. If it doesnt. Then oh well. I have alot of other great games to play this christmas season and beyond till Halo 2 is released.

Evil_Icon
11-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by JDHack0822
Evil Icon when did you take this pic??

The pic was taken at my local GameStop with my cell phone.:)

Edit: Here is the back side:
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/evilicon/halo_2_back.jpg

These pic's were taken like 2 weeks ago...

FragMaster B
11-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Man o man do I wish it were true. But I really don't know why MS would keep its early release date a secret. What would they really have to gain by doing something like this?

I personally think it's just slap-happy gamers holding onto a dream. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Yankeez
11-10-2003, 01:09 PM
http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=7953

CASE CLOSED!

JDHack0822
11-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Whether you believe it or not that's fine. I for one am very sceptical of this rumor espically with the post on HBO this morning. However, I still want to know what the deal is with the P. Diddy commercial, I know that it was going to be out soon. I want to see because I know there is probably something that will be happening on 11/15 with the anniversary. I have heard both the dvd bundle and Halo going platinum and droping price. There might be more. If anybody has any ideas or finds anything while snooping for Halo 2 stuff let me know.

Halo 2, it will be unmatched by any game when it is released. Be patient, it will be worth the wait. Whatever it is....

Don't forget that you can't trust anything you read, you can only take into to consideration the source and their reasoning for what they have to say.

Torlough
11-10-2003, 01:20 PM
*slaps forehead*

[homer simpson] DOOOH[/Homer simpson]

Well there goes that theory LOL thanks for the correction.

Originally posted by jelgiad

um...last time i looked at a calender, April 1 comes before May 13-16

AloneInTheDark
11-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Now that's a bit more believable :D

mattgame
11-10-2003, 02:23 PM
I don't believe any hype but I would have to say that if it comes from Bungie that it is not coming out then it's not coming out. I agree with Yankeez on this one....... CASE CLOSED.

No Fear 23
11-10-2003, 02:23 PM
dont know if anyone seen this....i got the link from xbox scene. It looks like the latest rumor is saying that its available the 28, the day after thanksgiving, and a demo will be available via live on the 15th

P.S. I will probably be going to gamestop after school to reserve me a few copies.....just in case it turns out to be true

omg, if it is really true, which im starting to beleive so, then bungie and ms did a ****ing great job keeping it secret.

JJaX
11-10-2003, 02:26 PM
unsubscribes to worthless thread

No Fear 23
11-10-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
I don't believe any hype but I would have to say that if it comes from Bungie that it is not coming out then it's not coming out. I agree with Yankeez on this one....... CASE CLOSED.

what if bungie is trying to keep it secret??

trabucles
11-10-2003, 02:43 PM
every person in the world who owns a Xbox will buy that game, how many Halo 2 games are going to be shipped this nov 15 or march 1?

Warchant
11-10-2003, 02:45 PM
that'd be freakin awesome if they put our a demo! i'd definately be playing it!

FragMaster B
11-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

what if bungie is trying to keep it secret??

Why in the world would they want to?

A Bungie Exec:
"Ok....we have this GREAT product that everybody is gonna love... We're gonna make a ton of money on this... sell millions of copies... I know! Let's not tell anybody that we're selling it! It's perfect!"

:huh:

BunnyRabbit
11-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
Now that's a bit more believable :D

Yes thats a whole heck of alot more believable...But still a bit on the wishful side now aren't we? Man..Crazy...my friend preordered the game and it said hed get the game 2 weeks b4 everyone else...sometime in march it said...Tell me why it said that eh? Match ur wishful thinking up with this doody~!

No Fear 23
11-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

Yes thats a whole heck of alot more believable...But still a bit on the wishful side now aren't we? Man..Crazy...my friend preordered the game and it said hed get the game 2 weeks b4 everyone else...sometime in march it said...Tell me why it said that eh? Match ur wishful thinking up with this doody~!

where did he preorder it at?

jelgiad
11-10-2003, 04:13 PM

well, now they updated the link on xbox scene saying that bungie says the rumor isnt true :cry:

we can still hope though cant we:D

Covenant Comm.
11-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Did u guys ever think that Bungie is trying to keep it secret till the 15 to annouce that halo 2 is coming out and the end of the month its quit possible. If u add it all togethier it adds up. It would the biggest thing of the christmas season and if i does come out the 28 thats the biggest buying day of the season. so what would they have to lose by anouncing this on sat.

DIGITAL
11-10-2003, 04:35 PM
i heard about a live demo coming out on the 15 th hopefully this is true:D

jelgiad
11-10-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Covenant Comm.
Did u guys ever think that Bungie is trying to keep it secret till the 15 to annouce that halo 2 is coming out and the end of the month its quit possible. If u add it all togethier it adds up. It would the biggest thing of the christmas season and if i does come out the 28 thats the biggest buying day of the season. so hey do they have to lose by anouncing this on sat.

my thoughts exactly

eem27
11-10-2003, 04:54 PM
well my bd is the 27th so if it come out the 28 bungie will have given me one of the best bday presents

bretman1234
11-10-2003, 05:02 PM
I probably started shaking about 5 times while reading this thread! DAMN! As I've stated before, Halo 2 is not coming out in 2004. If it doesn't come out sometime this month, its deffinately coming out in December. BELIEVE ME!

Casper
11-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by FragMaster B

Why in the world would they want to?

A Bungie Exec:
"Ok....we have this GREAT product that everybody is gonna love... We're gonna make a ton of money on this... sell millions of copies... I know! Let's not tell anybody that we're selling it! It's perfect!"

:huh:

And then sneak up on Sony and Nintendo and get them catch them with their pants down so bad that neither will no what to do. This is a genius move if they do it , IMO, as it will sell more Xbox's in the 2 months than either of those systems combined...it's the perfect business ploy :)

BigHit24
11-10-2003, 05:24 PM
hey i feel kinda skeptical about this like many of you. It does seem like an interesting strategy and you must argue that the people that would buy it first would be the hardcore people that know about it already anyway and follow this stuff like a hawk so they would definitely find out by the time of release. more importantly, i was on eb games last night and halo 2 was listed under games coming soon when you first enter the page. the really intriguing part was when i checked back this morning it was gone. maybe they are telling the truth or maybe they are building up hype gradually. i think the least they could do would show off a whole lot of new pics and videoes and info and stuff on saturday since nothing else special has been announced for the xbox 2 yr anniversary and live 1 yr anniversary. needless to say, i think something big, maybe not halo 2, but maybe an announcement of some sort will come from MS this weekend.