PDA

View Full Version : major noob help me!!!!

odksnshdywrqmcn
11-08-2003, 09:22 PM
first what does kotor stand for? and second i just got a xbox and have no games what are the best games and please include some racing games and give a despription thanks for your help guys

Chumley
11-08-2003, 09:25 PM
KOTOR = Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (RPG)

and buy Halo (FPS)... It is all u will need...

No Fear 23
11-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by odksnshdywrqmcn
first what does kotor stand for? and second i just got a xbox and have no games what are the best games and please include some racing games and give a despription thanks for your help guys

well, i'd get halo. as for the best racing game, i like PGR bc i like ti the best out of all racing games and its 20$ as a platinum hit. if ur gonna get it, i would wait for PGR2 that is coming out sometime this month and it has xbox live.

Shadow20002
11-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Hmm.. i think you should check some reviews here at XBa, that's will help you a lot.

WrathfulPoppa
11-08-2003, 11:37 PM
Seeing as how he didn't know what KOTOR stands for, he probably doesn't know what PGR stands for either. It stands for Project Gotham Racing. Please people, let the Guru handle this:

Platinum Hit games to get ($20):
Racing games (per request):
Project Gotham Racing
Rallisport Challenge

Shooter games:
Unreal Championship Xbox Live
Mech Assault Xbox Live
Ghost Recon Xbox Live

Role-Playing Games (RPGs):
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Misc games:
Dead or Alive 3

Normal games to get:
Racing games (per request):
SegaGT 2002
Moto GP 2 Xbox Live

Shooter games:
Halo: Combat Evolved
Rainbow Six 3 Xbox Live
Splinter Cell games

Role-Playing Games (RPGs):
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Sports games:
Amped 2 Xbox Live
NFL Fever 2004 Xbox Live

Misc games:
Crimson Skies Xbox Live

Unreleased games to get
Halo 2 (Halo2.owns.it) Xbox Live
Doom 3
Counter Strike Xbox Live
BC
Fable
Project Gotham Racing 2 Xbox Live
SegaGT Online Xbox Live
Ninja Gaiden

Lucifer_Hawk
11-09-2003, 01:05 AM
wow, nice list, being somewhat of a new Xbox owner myself (10 months) I guess I should keep note of that list as well. Thx for the list man. :)

Trento52
11-09-2003, 01:13 AM
Yeah start witht eh most popular game awhich are platinum hits and halo. Platinum hits or cheap ones I think are good are

Amped freestyle snowboarding
Shemnue II
Splinter Cell
Mechassault
Project Gotham Racing
Dead or Alive 3
Morrowind
Quantum Redshift
Wreckless
Jet Set Radio Future

and that is all i can think of but other good games are

Star wars Knights of the old Republic
Burnout 2 Point of Impact
Halo Combat Evolved
Moto GP 1 and 2
Soul Calibur 2
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Buffy the vampire slayer
Time splitters 2
Tom Clancy games
and a bunch of other games i haven't tried

Look at the charts listed on the site here

Third Eye
11-09-2003, 05:32 AM
Morrowind: Game of the Year edition. It's all you will need besides a change of underwear.
Some other great ones out right now that I would suggest are:
Amped 2
Rainbow Six 3
Grand Theft auto: Double Pack (If you don't have ps2 version) or True Crimes: Streets of LA. (So I've read )

JediMasterChief
11-09-2003, 09:02 AM
KotOR stands for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a Star Wars RPG from LucasArts and BioWare, which is also an excellent game to get. The first game that you SHOULD get it Halo, the best game on Xbox.

As for racing games, here are some good ones:

Project Gotham Racing
Project Gotham Racing 2
Midtown Madness 3
Rallisport Challenge

...there are of course many others.

xboxownerhere
11-09-2003, 01:19 PM
If you want a really good and very realistic racing game get Sega GT 2002, all the cars motor and handeling capability's are based on the actual car. rent it frist you may like it.

lax_defense
11-10-2003, 05:53 PM
I don't think anyone's mentioned this one yet but Midtown Madness 3 is really fun. I got it 3 months ago and still play it a lot on Live! its a great game.

kenji
11-10-2003, 07:27 PM
First off, welcome to the Xbox Addict Forums and to the Xbox.:cheers:

I would buy Halo Combat Evolved first off if you have any intrest in first person shooters. As for racing game, I can't really help you there. They just really aren't my type of game.

Wolfboy_888
11-10-2003, 08:40 PM
any Tony hawk game (2X,3,4 are all $20) especially 4 or underground...im not even a skateboarder , i actually kinda hate it but i enjoyed those games..they take awhile to beat and it requires skill and fast hand /eye motion

Wolfboy_888
11-10-2003, 08:42 PM
if you wanna go really cheap, turok evolution is like 8 bucks ..if you need a quick fix that should pull you over...its a average/good game and at some times its great...for 8 bucks its worth it...

the big 3 that went on sale though on platinum hits i highly recommend

Mechassault
Splinter Cell
Ghost Recon

splinter cell is probably the best out of all of those.

Cold_As_Ice
11-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Purchase every game in my signature, excluding Amped, and then add in KoTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) Project Gotham Racing 2, Burnout 2, and Need for Speed: Underground, and you have yourself an excellent selection.

Reve
11-10-2003, 09:10 PM
if I were you I would get DOA 3 and HAlo and PGR (Project gothem racing ) to show off to my friend what my xbox is capable of ... have fun!

Wolfboy_888
11-10-2003, 09:17 PM
what if the kid doesnt have any friends..if he/she doesnt ill be their friend :cheers:

The Jackal
11-11-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Reve
if I were you I would get DOA 3 and HAlo and PGR (Project gothem racing ) to show off to my friend what my xbox is capable of ... have fun!

man f*ck DOA 3..... mash those buttons... counter counter counter... theres better fighting games out there... and id hold off on halo and project gotham cause the new ones are comin out soon.... get rainbow six 3