PDA

View Full Version : Amped 2 or SSX 3

Floodman
11-09-2003, 09:29 AM
I definitely need one or the other. I heard Amped is more realistic, and it is on XBOX Live. However, I heard that SSX 3 has better control and better gameplay. If you had the choice, which would it be?

AmpedRider
11-09-2003, 09:41 AM
I would go with amped just because of the different modes it has. Like snowskating....kickass. I have both and play amped 2 the most.

bobby9989
11-09-2003, 07:13 PM
I think you should go with Amped 2.

blonks
11-10-2003, 12:27 PM
amped 2, but all you new guys need to search before making new threads, this has been done over 4 times now

WrathfulPoppa
11-10-2003, 12:30 PM
What blinx said...

BunnyRabbit
11-10-2003, 03:47 PM
AMPED 2 w/o a doubt...SSX3 is a great game as well, but I like the more realistic feel to some games...Its all a matter of opinion...

But as you asked for mine...mine is AMPED 2:D

oh and what Wrathful poppa said that blinx said.

codePhoenix
11-10-2003, 06:17 PM
I've heard that Amped 2 looks better, but SSX 3 has better gameplay modes... so I don't know. I'm going to eventually get both.

Xtreme Munky
11-10-2003, 06:18 PM
I'm getting Amped 2, even though the SSX3 demo was pretty awesome.

George89
11-10-2003, 06:56 PM
I personally would get SSX probably (since I dont own XBOX LIVE) but even with XBOX LIVE for Amped, I think that SSX is much more fun, it is fast and fun, big jumps and huge mountains. If you like you snow boarder to be realistic with XBOX live, choose Amped, if you like faster and bigger snow boarders, go with SSX.

MerimacHamwich
11-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by codePhoenix
I've heard that Amped 2 looks better, but SSX 3 has better gameplay modes... so I don't know. I'm going to eventually get both.
Better gameplay modes? Howso? Amped 2 has:

-Xbox Live-
-Freeride (not the exact name)
-Compete (not the exact name)
King of the Mountain
Snowskating
High Score
Best Trick
+ more, and scoring mods to tweak each gameplay mode.

-Offline-
-Career (includes regular runs, snowskating, sponsor runs, and photoshoot runs)
-Freeride (not the exact name) (includes snowskating)
->Multiplay
All the Xbox Live modes. 4 players on one xbox.

Plus indefinetly more things that I forgot. So what does SSX 3 have over Amped 2?

The Jackal
11-10-2003, 10:11 PM
if you want strictly gameplay go ssx3... if you want a fun, realistic game go amped... id say amped personally

on a side not, george89, your sigs file size is too big... you should fix it before the mods rape your a**

BlackWeenie
11-10-2003, 11:04 PM
amped 2 definately owns ssx3. personally the main draw to amped 2 for me was snowskating because i snowskate and its the first game to include it.

Professor Kaos
11-11-2003, 08:37 AM
Amped 2 for sure.

Casper
11-11-2003, 08:50 AM
SSX3 is HUGE in replay value, as you can go from top to bottom on all 3 peaks, choosing whether or not you want to do a race, big air challenge, super slope, or even just screw around and try out some of the crazy challenges that are setup on each section of the peak....yea, it's a great game. I can't get into Amped as it seems way too sluggish for me since I've started playing the SSX series (Tricky, not 3, but I played SSX1 on PS2).

I'd say rent both first - but if you like the fast paced game, then SSX3 is where it's at.

Cold_As_Ice
11-11-2003, 09:08 AM
I agree. The Amped games control very slow and sluggish for my taste. I have never played any of the SSX games, but 3 does looks extremely good. I would purchase SSX3 over Amped 2. Why dont you try renting both of these games first, though. After you've done this, you can properly determine which game you want to purchase.

MerimacHamwich
11-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
SSX3 is HUGE in replay value, as you can go from top to bottom on all 3 peaks, choosing whether or not you want to do a race, big air challenge, super slope, or even just screw around and try out some of the crazy challenges that are setup on each section of the peak.

Then Amped 2 is humongasaurus in replay value as it has 7 mountains (that you can ride from the very top, to the very bottom on) in which you can choose to do whatever you want. Get high scores, find the snowmen, snowskate, do a photoshoot, get a sponsor, find gaps, get a media points high score, just ride, ride with up to 15 friends in pretty much every mode you can think of, etc etc etc. Plus 4 "event" runs which are there specifically for contest purposes. You have to get the highest score.

:cheers:

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Rent them both...play them to death..move on:cheers:

Jayhawk
11-12-2003, 06:57 PM
I would have to say SSX 3 if you dont have XBOX live or connect, because it has huge jumps and great graphics. But if you have live or connect then you should choose amped because it is awesome going against other people over the net.