PDA

View Full Version : bugs in morrowind goty for xbox

dd deeznuts
11-09-2003, 06:00 PM
i got the new morrowind goty for xbox the other day , its a really good game but it has a few serious bugs i noticed in the first couple of days playing it first off the load times when you start up is insanely long the other thing was when i was playing a while about an 1hr some of the castles and buildings disapeared on the new snow island , i could see parts of the buildings and walk though them and the npc i was excorting disapeared ruining the mission. its still a great game but they should of fixed these bugs before they released it. in the first morrowind if you played for more than half an hour it would give you a dirty disk error so you would have to constantly save and load your game to keep it from crashing.how can they release it when it doesnt even work right. i think morrowind is one of the best rpg's of all time, but i know they knew about these bugs and they released it any ways which i dont think is right.but i know making a game that big and complex there going to be bugs. if i find any new bugs i will post them. if any of you guys find any bugs you should post them up here :cheers:

xboxownerhere
11-09-2003, 07:26 PM
i have the original morrowwind and i havent seen any bugs in it.:)

dd deeznuts
11-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by xboxownerhere
i have the original morrowwind and i havent seen any bugs in it.:) really thats cool, i searched the internet about it and a lot of other people had the same problem with it crashing maybe you got a good one who knows? :cheers:

Third Eye
11-09-2003, 08:06 PM
I hate the way the game will just freeze from time to time. Nothing major, just a few 5 second freezes every now and then. I hate getting stuck in rocks and not being able to move, it leaves you no choice but to load your last saved game again.
There were tons of bugs in the 1st morrowind for xbox as well. I guess it's the price we pay.

WrathfulPoppa
11-10-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Third Eye
I hate the way the game will just freeze from time to time. Nothing major, just a few 5 second freezes every now and then. I hate getting stuck in rocks and not being able to move, it leaves you no choice but to load your last saved game again.
There were tons of bugs in the 1st morrowind for xbox as well. I guess it's the price we pay.

SHUT UP... morrowind is perfect... in every way... in every pixel... in every bit

CarGuy
11-10-2003, 01:27 PM
You're either having problems with your XBox or the disc itself. I bought a brand spankin' new Xbox and havent had a single DDE with GOTY. On the other hand my 2001 XBox wouldnt even load the game. I made some posts about this in the RPG forum. You know? The place you should've posted this to begin with... :p

XboxGamers
11-10-2003, 02:20 PM
It's not the game coding, It's the Xbox not picking up the right data. I had a Dec. 2001 Xbox and it can't play Morrowind GOTY. I went out and bought a new Xbox with the Samsung Drive and I've put in about 15hr and no freezing.

thrAsher
11-10-2003, 02:31 PM
Hrrrmmm....okay, so let's see, I bought my Xbox this time last year as a bundle deal (the JSRG/Sega GT one). So, does this mean my Xbox is pretty current, or did they use the older boxes? Basically, how do I know which iteration of the Xbox it is I own?

If you guys w/ the newer boxes aren't having problems, it could change my mind about GOTY (which as of now I don't plan on buying 'cuz of a lot of the negative stuff I've read) if mine can handle it.

Wolfboy_888
11-10-2003, 04:06 PM
something screwed up on my old september 02? xbox and i sent it in for repair in about may 03 and i got a brand new one back free of charge...so i guess my is pretty updated then?

Ford Mustang
11-10-2003, 04:31 PM
My Xbox is a Nov. 2001 and I have had no problems whatsoever with the game. :) Guess my Xbox just likes me. :D

BananaMan
11-10-2003, 05:49 PM
i got my xbox the first day it come out, and it hasn't given me ANY trouble at all!:cheers: