PDA

View Full Version : So I want an Xbox

Smallz
12-28-2001, 01:48 AM
First of all, i live in Canada, so it'll be more expensive.
Sigh, i got money for christmas, and i have about $350 in total, where would the best place to get my xbox be?
Second, $350 is not enough, and im very very lazy (i think most gamers are) so work is almost completely out of the question, so how can i convince my dad to help spring for the xbox? He spoiled himself and got a 65 inch HDTV and Dolby 7.1 surround sound, so an Xbox would be a perfect addition to the theater room, but so far i have been unable to convince him.
Third, (kinda ties into the first) where can i get the best deal, ie. a game or 2 plus the controllers and Advanced/HDTV connector cables at a reasonable price in my cold frozen country?

Thanks in advance, hope to be gaming with you people soon :)

Hugh_Jass
12-28-2001, 07:54 AM
Your best bet is to find a game that you think your dad would enjoy playing. (Maybe Fever?) You're never too old to be a gamer. Heck, I'm probably the same age as your dad.

Also, if he doesn't own a DVD player yet then this would be the perfect angle since VHS on a 65" HDTV is a travesty nobody should have to endure.

Be sure to also pick up a HD AV Pack to get the most out of your XBOX/HDTV combo.

thedrisc
12-28-2001, 08:55 AM
Get him to rent an xbox if you can!

then get Halo or some game he would like and hook it up to the surround sound system. once you start playing he will probably get hooked. Don't forget to keep on talking about how great it sounds or how good it looks with the HDTV. :)

good luck!!

Hugh_Jass
12-28-2001, 01:55 PM
Another angle on the rental XBOX...

Find someone else who has an XBOX and keep telling your dad how much better it looks and sounds on his gear than your friend's gear. Stroking the ego never hurts. :)

xboxbabe
12-29-2001, 10:23 AM
I know what you mean smallz, the only problem is I have kids to feed, so it's going to take me a little longer to get it.:(

Wolf1171
12-29-2001, 11:39 AM
Food is overrated, XBOX is more important!

Smallz
12-29-2001, 01:38 PM
Thanks for your help, he still doesnt seem very interested, ill keep buggin him about it though :D

Koopa
12-29-2001, 02:25 PM
So I want an Xbox

...why?:confused:

hehehehe just playing with ya;)

just tell him you'll pay him back...eventually...or something...yup.