PDA

View Full Version : NFL Blitz Pro. It's the second best football game after ESPN!

Heavens Gate
11-10-2003, 04:27 PM
This game is fantastic. The graphics are every bit as good as any quality football game. The grass textures are the best of them all. The lighting and shadows are awesome and the gameplay is fast and intense. The hits are so cool you can almost feel them. The stadiums are sweet as can be. I can't believe the graphics on this game. Not one dip in framerate and it's so fast and intense. I own ESPN for realism and blitz pro for an arcadish experience. It's 11 on 11 this year. The weather effects are also top notch. It's one of the prettiest football games this year. It's not as pretty as ESPN but it eclipses Madden and Fever. Granted the players don't have real faces but everything else makes up for it. Buy it or give it a rent and see why I'm hyping this game up. It's just so good.

BananaMan
11-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
This game is fantastic. The graphics are every bit as good as any quality football game. The grass textures are the best of them all. The lighting and shadows are awesome and the gameplay is fast and intense. The hits are so cool you can almost feel them. The stadiums are sweet as can be. I can't believe the graphics on this game. Not one dip in framerate and it's so fast and intense. I own ESPN for realism and blitz pro for an arcadish experience. It's 11 on 11 this year. The weather effects are also top notch. It's one of the prettiest football games this year. It's not as pretty as ESPN but it eclipses Madden and Fever. Granted the players don't have real faces but everything else makes up for it. Buy it or give it a rent and see why I'm hyping this game up. It's just so good.

*Cough*

Shadow20002
11-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Humm...not really interested. :cheers:

OC Noob
11-10-2003, 06:10 PM
I never got into all the franchise modes and all that crap, so arcade style games are more to my liking.

If not for the big hits football would be... baseball, BORING.

Arcade style games give you that kind of action non-stop.

Your not the only one out there that likes the game, dude;)

Sim games can be fun, but they can also be just as boring as real life errr... 6 to 3 Bears Lions games:D

BananaMan
11-10-2003, 07:31 PM
blah how can you compare football to baseball? baseball is boring as crap. the big hits don't make football fun! just the game itself as fun..ah well i guess you'd have to play it to understand

Sharky53
11-10-2003, 07:42 PM
ya u can't compare football and baseball...football is 50 times more entertaining to watch..i still enjoy watching baseball though but football is just damn fun 2 watch

Ito
11-10-2003, 08:30 PM
NFL Blitz Pro the 2nd best football game? Hmm, No. At least not IMO.

OC Noob
11-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BananaMan
blah how can you compare football to baseball? baseball is boring as crap. the big hits don't make football fun! just the game itself as fun..ah well i guess you'd have to play it to understand

Football with out hits is like Nascar without crashes, basketball with out dunks, Hockey with out hits, Baseball with out errrr... well like Baseball I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I still play football in the Turkey Bowl every year with my friends (touch), but I ain't paying to watch touch football and I ain't paying $50 for a touch football video game.

90% of the best players are the best because they can lay the wood and take a pop, the other 10% are Pu**y finesse players like Randy Moss.

Big plays are exciting, but they are almost always proceded by hits, broken tackles or big plays are big hits. Nothing can turn the tide of a game like a couple of slober knockers!

And don't give me that you'd have to play it to understand, because if you played it, even on the high school level you'd know how important hitting is.

Heavens Gate
11-11-2003, 06:41 AM
You guys that are dissin Blitz Pro obviously haven't played it. Look at it this way. ESPN is great, Madden sucks, Fever really sucks so how can Blitz not be second best? Try it before you judge it.

Chaotic
11-11-2003, 07:59 AM
Damn HG, you really need to relax with your Compulsive disorder with buying every single football game :o Seems like everytime a new one comes out your the first one to say , "oh this game is awesome" How do you find time to play all these games you buy:huh:

Heavens Gate
11-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-DDC
Damn HG, you really need to relax with your Compulsive disorder with buying every single football game :o Seems like everytime a new one comes out your the first one to say , "oh this game is awesome" How do you find time to play all these games you buy:huh:

I only own 2. Blitz Pro and ESPN. Yes, I didn't need all the Football games that's why I traded them in. I love videogames and I'm buying Prince of Persia today.

Chaotic
11-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate

I'm buying Prince of Persia today.

:rofl:

This does look like a sweet game and i'm sure i'll probably get that along with links 2004 and pgr2 and wait :eek: COMPULSIVE :rofl:

I try to beat the games i have first before buying new ones but that usually never happens :o

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-11-2003, 05:00 PM
It's just something cool about a over the top sports fantasy games....