PDA

View Full Version : Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun Interview

Shadow20002
11-10-2003, 05:52 PM
HomeLAN - The game begins with the attack of Pearl Harbor. How hard was it to make this level both entertaining for the player as well as being respectful to the memories of those who died there?

Kevin Perry - We felt that we could achieve both, because they are the same goal. As the above answer hopefully makes clear, the Medal of Honor series does not take authenticity lightly. It would have been possible to cook up some version of Pearl Harbor in which the player had to fight off the hordes of invading Japanese troops, or something equally ahistorical but more in line with standard shooter patterns. Instead, though, we examined the actual situation at Pearl Harbor and strove to reproduce it as entertainingly as possible. So the historical ‘high points’ of the attack are reproduced: the rolling of the USS Oklahoma, and the tragic explosion of the USS Arizona. Where we take liberties is with the mobility and situational awareness of the player, letting them see every critical event and participate in them where possible.

It is that service to authenticity that keeps us respectful. One cannot do all the extensive research that we do (covering both sides, of course), and fail to felt the weight of that history. We are a video game, yes, with powerups and cool vehicles and stirring music at appropriate points. But we are also a video game that takes extraordinary time and effort to make sure that we get everything as accurate as possible.

Continue here (http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=18523)

BananaMan
11-10-2003, 05:54 PM
sounds great!:cheers: too bad no xbox live support:(

lax_defense
11-10-2003, 05:58 PM
That game looks so cool. I love all the MOH games. Unfortunately, its EA so its not live. Because of that, Im probably not gonna get it.

BananaMan
11-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by lax_defense
That game looks so cool. I love all the MOH games. Unfortunately, its EA so its not live. Because of that, Im probably not gonna get it.

yeah me either...damn EA:( their games are great but no live support makes me mad and sad:cry:

Tiesto
11-10-2003, 07:58 PM
testing:watchout:

DOOM
11-11-2003, 03:51 AM
The Game Looks Like Utter Crapola:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_moh_rs_xbox_gp.wmv
:watchout:

CarGuy
11-11-2003, 06:48 AM
HAHa nice one Doom! I thought the first MOH sucked. They make you a rambo type character infiltrating sub bases and crap. I thought it'd be more realistic and you'd be with at least a small group of soldiers. I'll probably rent it, but im not worrying about it. The AI in that video lookd horrible.

Ford Mustang
11-11-2003, 12:16 PM
LOL. You have to be joking. That's not the real game AI....it's just a demo..lol...