PDA

View Full Version : Help me!

Epyx
11-11-2003, 05:52 PM
I bought my XBox some days ago and it worked all fine :D I was very happy that I got it. But then I noticed the lag, or do you really call it lag? Well anyway I play Halo, with friends. When I play Co-op with my buddies the FPS drops, hard to aim.. hard to control the car whatever you in. Is there something wrong with my XBox? It's a pain in the ass and I need some help! Thanks!

BananaMan
11-11-2003, 05:58 PM
argh i don't know what to tell you i've played halo with like 8 people before on system link and i never got any lag...

Epyx
11-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Does it work perfect for you? Do I have to set some preferences or something?

BananaMan
11-11-2003, 06:19 PM
i don't think you have to set prefrences or anything. but yeah it works perfect with me. it might be a jacked up xbox you got or something?

Epyx
11-11-2003, 06:22 PM
i prolly have to change the box then :eek:

Casper
11-11-2003, 06:29 PM
So when you play your friends, are you on a LAN or playing over XboxConnect? Are you using a switch? Do you notice any recognizable framerate issues when playing single player?

If you're using a switch, either you have too much distance with the CAT5 cables, or your cables are just junk.

ghost 009
11-11-2003, 06:38 PM
I dont post in the general disscusion that musch but if you know me, then you know I'm crazy.

By the way your in trouble and your X-box can become a ticking time bomb. I got to go get sober. I've been drinkinking to much A&W.

George89
11-11-2003, 07:20 PM
For the controls, it might be the controller, or you just are not used to Halo controls yet. Otherwise Halo runs at 30 FPS (most games run at 60) so there is a little frame rate dropping.

BananaMan
11-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by George89
For the controls, it might be the controller, or you just are not used to Halo controls yet. Otherwise Halo runs at 30 FPS (most games run at 60) so there is a little frame rate dropping.

shew that's a REAL low FPS i thought they were suppossed to run at like 100 because less than 80 it's really detectable or something like that...

Nick117
11-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Try contacting your xbox support speacilist
Or take it back, make sure you have all the parts and recieit.
If it still lags take the game back and get a new one ( only if it laggs on the new box you got after taking the other back) there could be some loose wires inside your box.

Epyx
11-12-2003, 01:02 AM
It lags under single player too, when you got many monsters on the screen and when you play splitscreen 2 - 4 players. Im use to the Halo controls so it's not that.