PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind on Xbox

mordecai
11-12-2003, 12:41 AM
I got Morrowind(GotY edition) for my xbox because I had played it on my friends computer and it seemed like a pretty damn good RPG. Yet on Xbox there are some large flaws that weren't there on the computer. In Morrowind there are many glitches but it wasn't that bad on PC because you could open up the console, and fix some things(like if you get stuck in a wall or if you lose an important item), on Xbox it's not there. I was playing the game for a while when I got to the Blades quest to join the Urshilaku, everything was going fine, I was searching the Burial Caverns to get the Bonebiter Bow when the corpse that had it dissapeared. I had left the room and the ghost went a way with the item. Now I can't continue with the main story line. IF they had left the console in on Xbox I could have just added the item to my inventory but they didn't. This has really ****ed me off.

CarGuy
11-12-2003, 06:43 AM
Sometimes the console doesn't work on PC. I've played literally hundreds of hours and haven't ran into any bugs of that nature. You just need to save often.

mordecai
11-12-2003, 10:05 AM
My problem was that I did save often. When I was in the Burial chamber I rested a lot(I was a thief so I had to) but I rested after the item had dissapeared but before I knew it had happend. I had used the console a few times when there were glitches on PC and it really helped.

thrAsher
11-12-2003, 10:36 AM
I feel for you, man. What you have to realize w/ Morrowind on the Xbox is that you're playing w/ fire. That is, if you're not careful, you'll get burned. Sure, it doesn't say that on the case, but if you researched the game at all beforehand you'd know that it is not perfect.

Still, a great game and still the best, most immersive RPG on the Black and Green box. Don't let one snag turn you off to Morrowind, mordecai.

Also, you can turn off the "Save Before Resting" option and save when you feel comfortable and safe w/ doing so. I found I'd screw myself many a time because I'd let the game save every time I rested. It's much better with the option off.

Lord Vivic
11-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Well there are glitches in the original version as well.It is not anything new.

mordecai
11-13-2003, 12:15 AM
I know that the glitches were already there but many of them(including my problem) could be fixed in the console, something that Betheseda took out for the xbox release. Don't get me wrong though, I still like the game but having all my work in the blades for nothing bothers me.