PDA

View Full Version : EA will sign on with XBL !!!

ARONO129
11-12-2003, 08:35 AM
Here is the link. Check it out.

http://spong.com/index.asp?art=5796

RudedogX
11-12-2003, 10:12 AM
IMHO, this is already too little too late. They f'd up by being greedy and are now trying to make up for it. Screw 'em. Let 'em rot.:confused:

silvertrace
11-12-2003, 10:19 AM
not a very reliable news source, but interesting none the less....

i'd espcially love to play some folks in madden, or tiga tiga woods ya'll.................

meh, i digress...sega sports are better.....

Theory Of Games
11-12-2003, 10:34 AM
They could have done this earlier so NFS: Underground would be on XBox Live. I'm really looking forward to that game! It should at least have System Link!

Chaotic
11-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace
not a very reliable news source, but interesting none the less....

i'd espcially love to play some folks in madden, or tiga tiga woods ya'll.................

meh, i digress...sega sports are better.....

Screw tiga, Links 2004 will own tiga. That coming from a fan of the tiger series.

Voodoo_Vince
11-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Who cares? EA had thier chance , srew em , they don't even make good games IMO

Matt Freegard
11-12-2003, 10:49 AM
EA are fools of the highest caliber!They think after neglecting Xbox with crappy ports for two years,we'd just roll over for cash cow Games like Need For Speed and Madden when there are better aquivelents like PGR2 and ESPN NFL!

Too little,way to late!:cuss:

prakeem
11-12-2003, 01:01 PM
I will be awaiting Fifa on Live.....

plpkb
11-12-2003, 01:17 PM
This story is nothing new at all. They have always been in talks. Lets hope they get something worked out before xbox2

Ito
11-12-2003, 01:19 PM
I think we all pretty much saw this coming..

BigJosh359
11-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Yeah, EA really did screw up with Xbox Live. They could have made a killin if they had continued Battlefield 1942 for the Xbox, can you imagine how much fun Battlefield would have been on XBL?

Morons, guess they didnt want to make money.

mattgame
11-12-2003, 02:50 PM
I don't really want to type what I want to about EA. The thing is they are realizing that they are missing out ona bundle and want to get some of the MS cash machine. They could kiss my xboxes' ass.:D

Ford Mustang
11-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Yeah. EA is a bunch of dumbasses. They could have made millions more on XBox games besides their *** crappy PS2 ports. BF1942 would have been AWESOME on XBL, in my opinion. But now, EA can go pound sand. We don't want them anymore. Idiots....:rolleyes:

X-Fan
11-12-2003, 04:48 PM
we dont want their whiny asses any more besides its not even confirmed.

ARONO129
11-12-2003, 05:34 PM
I can understand why people here feel animosity towards EA but I think if a deal can be worked out between EA and MS it will definately be positive for the Xbox. I'm sure that if a deal is worked out, most of us here will buy Live enabled EA games if they are good.

CrazyCougar
11-12-2003, 05:45 PM
I could care less if EA and MS work out a deal. I still buy EA titles I like regardless of the Live situation. SSX 3, Tiger Woods, NCAA ...all super titles that I own. I could care less who the developer is on games that are good. Hating a developer is just retarded in my opinion. They could care less if you dislike them.

BENYJETR35
11-12-2003, 05:50 PM
From what I've heard the majority of Xbox Live users would play Madden over any other NFL games.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
11-12-2003, 06:28 PM
Mmm...it's quite alot of buzz for a company with so many over rated and crappy titles... Ha, ha, ha,.... I must admit that EA on Xbox live would change the online landscape......Now for the big question...Can two of the biggest egos in gameing get together and hammer out an agreement? I would be careful about taking stock in rumors......i think i will wait untill i hear from microsoft and EA:watchout:

Ugunnalose
11-12-2003, 06:30 PM
this will be sweet if ncaa 2005 is online

RichVGS
11-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Well its about time...but I will only believe it when I see it. I have to agree with the above addicts...I hope this fails worse then GameCube online. And I have a message to EA from the Monty Python guys:

"I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elder berries!"

X-Fan
11-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
I could care less if EA and MS work out a deal. I still buy EA titles I like regardless of the Live situation. SSX 3, Tiger Woods, NCAA ...all super titles that I own. I could care less who the developer is on games that are good. Hating a developer is just retarded in my opinion. They could care less if you dislike them.
oooohhhh someone called lynxfx retarded!!!ia m telling!!!:D ona serious note however i do agree that games liek bf1942 on xbox live would rock but still they proved they were the world biggest dumbasses when they excluded xbl from thier titles and thats why i am still mad at them.

CharlieHustle
11-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Lets be for real, this site says nothin. It says that they are negotiating. Thats all. They have been doin this since live came out. But we all know that money is the reason why ea has no live enabled games. I personally dont care, there are enough games on live to hold me over, if they (EA) do come to their senses, then good for us, until then, i am happy with whats out now. EA bein stubborn is the reason why i got ESPN football instead of madden, and i came to a realization that VC makes better football games. EA's loss.

mattgame
11-13-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA

I think in marketing public opinion matters a great deal. If the public don't like them enough and express it by not purchasing their product then even a company like EA could suffer losses or worse. Remember even the Titanic sank. ;)

CyberBOMB
11-13-2003, 04:45 PM
i agree with t_howell. they may not like xbox but not supporting xbox live is one of the biggest reasons to buy a ps2. if they supported xbox live instead of ps2 online then u would see the sales figures for systems and games in favor of microsoft.