PDA

View Full Version : Nov 15th=Not Halo2, but Halo Deluxe Edition Online!!

Sheeyt
11-12-2003, 08:59 AM
Read the latest rumor regarding Microsoft's surprise for the Xbox's second anniversary.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=ret&aid=2553

Halo Deluxe - Microsoft's secret weapon for Christmas?

Rob Fahey 10:57 12/11/2003
The Master Chief may be going online sooner than expected

Speculation over a major announcement which Microsoft has pledged to make on November 15th, the second anniversary of the Xbox launch date, points to the launch of a new version of Halo with Xbox Live support.

A number of different rumours have circulated regarding the announcement, including the rather unlikely possibility that the launch of Halo 2 - currently scheduled for 2004 - might actually be pulled forward to Christmas.

However, a member of the Bungie development team moved to quash such rumours, stating that "I can confirm with absolute certainty that Halo 2 is NOT coming out in 2003," going on to question what "possible benefit" there would be in a launch shrouded in such secrecy.

What does seem entirely possible, however, is another rumour circulating about the announcement - namely that on November 15th Microsoft will roll out a new version of Halo, branded as Halo Deluxe Edition, which will feature online multiplayer capabilities over Xbox Live for the first time.

This speculation gains credibility from the appearance of a Prima Official Strategy Guide for Halo Deluxe Edition on the publishing company's website, with a launch date of December 2003 - an embarrassing mistake by Prima if they turn out to have blown Microsoft's surprise, but surely a pointer that MS has something Halo-related in the works.

An online version of Halo would make sense. The game already enjoys significant popularity online through the unofficial Xbox Connect tunnelling software, which fools Halo into believing that other systems on the Internet are actually on a LAN with it, but this connection can be unreliable and laggy at times. The launch of Deluxe Edition - which would presumably arrive at a budget price point - would also be a perfect opportunity for Microsoft to bundle a demo of Halo 2, building anticipation of its biggest 2004 title even further.

We'll know for sure in three days when Xbox celebrates its second birthday in the USA

You can also goto www.ebgames.com and do a search for Halo, which will bring back a NEW strategy guide for Halo DX.
You can also visit www.randomhouse.com who is the publishing company from Prima and search for Halo there and find a strategy guide for Halo Deluxe Edition set to release in December. Could this be it, could this be MS's big surprise? It may not be Halo2 but I damn sure won't complain about getting Halo1 with full Live support. Bring it on MS!:cheers:

SnoochyBoochy
11-12-2003, 09:04 AM
awesome! sounds a lot more realistic than H2 2003 release... Let's wait and see if this happens....

jelgiad
11-12-2003, 09:09 AM
woohoo.....if we cant have halo 2 by Christmas, this would be the next best thing. Ill definately be buying it if this turns out to be true

Sheeyt
11-12-2003, 09:19 AM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0761545212/qid=1068648844/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/103-2187545-1284659?v=glance&n=507846

Also shows the new Halo Deluxe guide. Also notice the number of pages that increase between the two different guides. The original Halo guide was only 156 pages, the new guide is I believe shoing 298 pages.

thrAsher
11-12-2003, 10:05 AM
This makes the most sense of all the rumors floating around. It's a great idea on MS's part. I'd bet that at least 50% of the people who have Halo now will buy the Live version. At least that many, if not a much higher percentage. And if they bundle it w/ a Halo 2 demo....it'll sell like mad.

Makes me wonder what will become of XBC if this is the case....

silvertrace
11-12-2003, 10:10 AM
i was playing co-op with some guy last night that said Diddy is using the xbl network to have some type of freestyle contest..

the winner would get some flat screen tv and hundreds of dollars in xbox merchandise....

sounds plausible since diddy sold his soul to bill gates

i'd rather have "halo 1.5".......seems to me that the idea was dismissed along time ago, dismissed, but never put to sleep

*mark my words, if this is released you will know the power of the xbox and of me....cuz i'll 0wn joo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

StudioAlex
11-12-2003, 11:24 AM
This sounds cool, but I have to wonder who took care of making this new Halo. I seriously doubt bungie would sacrifice any of its employees to do this when they are already having trouble completing their main project on time.

jelgiad
11-12-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
This sounds cool, but I have to wonder who took care of making this new Halo. I seriously doubt bungie would sacrifice any of its employees to do this when they are already having trouble completing their main project on time.

my guess would be that hey had the people making halo pc also work up some code to make halo playable on live

Jafo232
11-12-2003, 12:40 PM
It would be nice if they could just make it a XBL game from some sort of update from the dashboard.

Part of me thinks MS would not do that because they do not do anything for free, however, if they are not going to launch H2 until 2004, this would be a great strategy to A. drive up sales of XBL, and B. drive up sales on the existing HALO for the Xmas season.

I do think this would seriously bite into XBC's userbase.

BENYJETR35
11-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad

my guess would be that hey had the people making halo pc also work up some code to make halo playable on live

You obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about.

jelgiad
11-12-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by BENYJETR35

:D probably not :D :cheers:

FragMaster B
11-12-2003, 12:58 PM
I'd GLADY cough up 50 bones for Halo version {anything} that was playable on LIVE! As I'm sure 90% of LIVE owners would!

Halo CTF is like NO other!

BENYJETR35
11-12-2003, 01:14 PM
I think they'll have P. Diddy doing voiceovers for Master Cheif in the new Platinum Hits Series version of Halo...

WrathfulPoppa
11-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

Why do you think they have to keep moving back the release date of Halo 2? :p They really aren't sacrificing any more than they would be with the release of Halo for PC.

JJaX
11-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad

Than jerky replied......

I think they'll have P. Diddy doing voiceovers for Master Cheif in the new Platinum Hits Series version of Halo...

And you do? :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with the concept of the people behind converting Halo to the PC could be responsible for writing the networking code for the Xbox version?

silvertrace
11-12-2003, 01:53 PM
gearbox did a smashup job for pc halo.......

^sarcasm intended.....

what is real, do you think thats halo you're playing?

hmph....interesting

mattgame
11-12-2003, 02:01 PM
I would gladly pay 50 for this one. I called my store and they said they don't know anything yet but I work on Saturday and if I see anything I will report it. I just can't wait to get online. Who said there will be a demo with it? I 'll pay 50 for the demo. :D

FragMaster B
11-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace

what is real, do you think thats halo you're playing?

hmph....interesting

:rofl:

There is no spoon.

treyz3
11-12-2003, 02:23 PM
Now this would be a great announcement. I now what would be on the top of my holiday wish list.

# 1 Stunner
11-12-2003, 02:51 PM
im ready...:watchout:

PapaSKooT
11-12-2003, 03:22 PM
And thene there's this, which releases on the 20th for November...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/240221.asp

mattgame
11-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Oh my damn, is this true?:D

flight271
11-12-2003, 03:55 PM
This sounds pretty badass, but I'm still not gettin my hopes up. I've heard stuff about "Halo Gold" or "Halo 1.5" plenty of times before, I just hope that this is true.

Ford Mustang
11-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Damn. This sounds really awesome. I hope it is true. :)

ïpëxï1
11-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Lets hope its Halo for Live, cuz im sick of LAg on XBC..

Snoopy7548
11-12-2003, 05:10 PM
i dont think i'll get it. they should give it to you for free if you already own halo, because who would pay 50 bucks just to play it on XBL? thats pretty crazy. you could pay 50 bucks for a whole year of XBL. i might get it if it's like 10 bucks or something, but full price would be way too much.

FragMaster B
11-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i dont think i'll get it. they should give it to you for free if you already own halo, because who would pay 50 bucks just to play it on XBL? thats pretty crazy. you could pay 50 bucks for a whole year of XBL. i might get it if it's like 10 bucks or something, but full price would be way too much.

You have obviously not played Halo on a LAN.

E Nomini Patri
11-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Dude, you guys hope too much. Halo Deluxe=Halo PC

From HBO: (http://halo.bungie.org)

SketchFactor has once again stepped in with his hose; this time, it's just a short note:

Halo "deluxe" = Halo PC (and soon for Mac). Sorry. Give it up.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=326683

Snoopy7548
11-12-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by FragMaster B

You have obviously not played Halo on a LAN.

i've played halo over XBC (ive even had a few games that were almost lag-free) and i'd never spend 50 bucks to play it on XBL. 50 bucks is just too much money. thats the price of a new game, and all you're getting is the option to play it on XBL.

Kortiz
11-12-2003, 05:27 PM
so basically, it is just an upgrade to the pc version, minus online play........except on xbc?

E Nomini Patri
11-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
so basically, it is just an upgrade to the pc version, minus online play........except on xbc?

I think you misunderstood. Halo Deluxe IS Halo PC. That's basically what it's called.

You know how people wanted Halo 1.5 with extra multi maps, new weapons, and online play, well that's what Halo for PC is(and Mac).

BENYJETR35
11-12-2003, 05:53 PM
So let the lag continue on XBC.

xbox genius
11-12-2003, 06:38 PM
haha way to go MS. yeah i knew Halo 2 couldnt be released in 2003, but at least they gonna boost sales and halo's fan base will continue to grow along with the hype for halo 2.

Kortiz
11-12-2003, 06:42 PM
but there is going to be a release of this on xbox on november 15th right?

god damn im confused now!!!

E Nomini Patri
11-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
but there is going to be a release of this on xbox on november 15th right?

god damn im confused now!!!

No, people thought the strategy guide was for Halo 1.5, but there will be no Halo 1.5.

Halo Gold/Halo Online, by Matt Soell
Q What can you tell us about the rumors that Bungie will release an expanded version of Halo called Halo Gold or Halo Online especially for Xbox Live? Will Microsoft will offer a trade-in discount or rebate to people who have already bought the game?
A There will not be a Halo Gold or Halo Online. Thus, there will be no trade-ins or rebates. :-)

We will not release a Halo game with explicit support for the Xbox Live network until Halo 2 ships.

In other words the only game with the name of Halo that will be on Xbox Live is Halo 2 (and any sequels/prequels after).

Brevity
11-12-2003, 07:05 PM
This would be a must have, I wonder if this really could be after saying no halo 1.5 for so long.

George89
11-12-2003, 07:05 PM
Yes, this is a lot more believable than Halo 2 releasing in 2003. Me personally, I don't think this will happen on Nov. 15 (thats in 3 days!!!!) if it is coming out, I would hope that websites would have it for pre order.

E Nomini Patri
11-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Will you guys please read the whole thread before posting?

I guess mods should close this because it's not true, but that is their decision.

BENYJETR35
11-12-2003, 07:23 PM
The only thing happening on the 15th is that Halo on Xbox enteres the Platinum Hits collection. If I'm wrong on this then...someone enlighten me.

E Nomini Patri
11-12-2003, 07:37 PM
The only thing happening on the 15th is that Halo on Xbox enteres the Platinum Hits collection. If I'm wrong on this then...someone enlighten me.

Just wait a few more days and find out, cause if this is happening, you sure won't hear about it till then :)

Shadow20002
11-12-2003, 09:52 PM
New Halo is going to punch !! ;)

RagunCajun
11-12-2003, 11:55 PM
I wont buy a game i already have. I cant spare $50 when i can play on xbc for free. But it would be nice.

Motley
11-13-2003, 03:58 AM
It isn't happening:

http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=7975

wbio
11-13-2003, 06:38 AM
this would be sweet, playing Live, lag-free games of Halo and talking trash the whole time. This rumor actually sounds like it could be true, unlike the Halo 2 rumor.

EDIT: damn, i don't like that last post :cuss:

Flood
11-13-2003, 07:10 AM
bah....i was getting excited to play Halo on live

damn you Bungie!!! hehe

mattgame
11-13-2003, 09:45 AM
EB has no record or knowledge of anything like Halo 1.5. I think we all need to calm down and wait for Halo 2. :)

thrAsher
11-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Motley
It isn't happening:

http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=7975

From Bungie's site:Undaunted by the dousing of the 'Halo 2 is coming this week' rumor, the gnomes have developed a NEW rumor - this time that 'Halo 1.5', a Live-enabled version of Xbox Halo, will be released by the end of the month.

:rofl: The gnomes! Hahahahaha!

Well, I suppose the extras will be cool, but the Live rumor would have been awesome!!!

silvertrace
11-13-2003, 09:53 AM
personally i love the idea that something can spread like wildfire over the internet......

just hate it when its not true............

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!1eleven11

mattgame
11-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace
personally i love the idea that something can spread like wildfire over the internet......

just hate it when its not true............

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!1eleven11

I know there, there, now. Some peope are so thoughtless. BTW did you see your name in the latest OXM magazine?

silvertrace
11-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by t_howell

I know there, there, now. Some peope are so thoughtless. BTW did you see your name in the latest OXM magazine?

yeah, i heard about that......didnt get the magazine yet tho

i was playin r6 w/Frankie the other night, i was he was gettin raped by the other team and he quit after 3 rounds.....

he said he'd saw the game laying around the office and decided to give it a try.......

n00bs:eek:

Voodoo_Vince
11-13-2003, 12:11 PM

I would seriously consider getting rid of my xbox if that happened, I really hope you were being sarcastic , considering Puffy is a MS whore ...

CC-CRC
11-13-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by t_howell

Wheres his name.

Also i asked about this a while ago and i thought it was stupid for them not to make some booster disk like the Moto GP demo that had live play but i guess there focoused on Halo2..... OMG if they keep bumping back the date and its not the best game i have ever played i will be pissed.

No Fear 23
11-13-2003, 05:17 PM
DAMN HYPE!!!!!:cuss: :cuss:

sounds like bungie is not goin to be done with halo 2 till Q4 of next year. if so, i will hate this bc of the fact that OXM said that they were 90% done.

Q2 at the latest should be the best.

BunnyRabbit
11-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Oh....My.....God....

STOP THE HYPE!

It drives me crazy, but unlike the other rumor this one seems possible and realistic. If this happens, Ill have the best Thanksgiving and Christmas Break EVER! HAHA, and all my friend's won't know about this and it will release and I will be the first to buy. MUAHAHAHAH!

Of course assuming that this happens.

Thanks for the Nfo...GoodBye.

DarkMatter
11-13-2003, 06:12 PM
This isn't a big deal to me. I have Halo PC and play online with that. Releasing a online Halo would be no big deal to me:watchout:

T-FiNGeR
11-13-2003, 08:08 PM
:cheers: The 15th is only on SAT, we only half not even 2 days to find out.... I CANT WAIT!

JJaX
11-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Do you people ever actually read the threads?

http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/threadChristmakeitstop.gif

No Fear 23
11-13-2003, 09:55 PM
jjax, what happen to ur llamma sig :p

JJaX
11-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
jjax, what happen to ur llamma sig :p

He'll be back, don't you worry :p

DocHoliday78
11-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by T-FiNGeR
:cheers: The 15th is only on SAT, we only half not even 2 days to find out.... I CANT WAIT!

Try reading the whole thread:rolleyes:

mattgame
11-14-2003, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CC-CRC
[B]

Wheres his name.

It's in the section where they describe how to hook up to XBL. His name is in the little box where they have the xbl'ers names. It's in this mag or last months.

FragMaster B
11-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by CC-CRC

Wheres his name.

Here tis (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43577)

TrueBelieverUK*
11-14-2003, 01:11 PM
sorry to disapoint, but no go halo! it hasnt come out and lets face it, why would microsoft launch it with no advertisment? it would be stupid.

chris:cuss:

mattgame
11-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by FragMaster B

Here tis (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43577)

I thank you.:)

Viper87227
11-14-2003, 07:23 PM
arn't there commercials tho? I havnt seen anything but ive heard froma few people on XBL that there is a commerical that says "Play Halo the way it was meant to be played" or something like that, anyone know about this?

No Fear 23
11-14-2003, 07:31 PM
well i think something is going to happen bc in the commercial p.diddy said that the world is going to know xbox

Viper87227
11-15-2003, 10:14 AM
well today is the day...anyone heard anything yet?

DaRkLoRdX
11-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Nope

DaRkLoRdX
11-15-2003, 10:17 AM
All i saw was a controller and a halo 2 disk from best buy

Reclaimer
11-15-2003, 07:54 PM
There is no Halo1.5 or Halo DX for the xbox. Face it, understand it, and wait for Halo2 like everyone else. Way..way...way.. back in the day when rumors where circulating about Halo1.5 as a holdover until Halo2 arrived, Bungie was quick to squash that rumor by stating that was impossible. Halo was programmed with no "hooks" to accept downloadable content or to be modified to play online through Xbox Live. It was just a rumor and it spread like wildfire. Much like this misunderstanding. Because what you are trying to say is that while Bungie is currently using all it's resources and spending mass man hours to make Halo2, they would have to sidetrack and retool the Halo engine and essentially redo the entire game for XBL play. All the while working on Halo2, then they would have to re-release Halo 1.5 in the middle of them working on Halo2.
Would you want that? Would you want them to be sidetracked and possibly delay Halo2, or try to fit in a retooled Halo project into their schedule as they attempt to make the best damn game ever made?
Either wait for Halo2, or play Halo:PC.
But sorry guys.. there is no spoon.

BananaMan
11-15-2003, 08:10 PM
the anouncment is at 12 tonight

Torlough
11-16-2003, 07:37 PM
There will be no announcement. The commecial was a proven fake (a thread in the xbc area in this forum). and my wife made a valid point. All of the major gaming media doesn't go to work untill 9am on monday. So why would there be a major announcement when it couldn't coincide with a pres release?

JJaX
11-16-2003, 07:46 PM
Can we close this thread now?

JJaX crosses fingers and farts

Reclaimer
11-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Can we close this thread now?

JJaX crosses fingers and farts

I knew I smelled something from the otherside of the forum. Next time ask.. and leave your flatulence to yourself.

Thread closed...
Issue resolved.
There is no spoon.