PDA

View Full Version : Halo ending question *MAY BE SPOILERS*

Integra Man
12-28-2001, 04:12 PM
Hi all I was just wondering if theres a differnt ending for Halo for different difficulty levels. I just beat it on easy and i'm wondering if there is any point to play it on differnt difficulty levels. Thanks.

xboxman_1
12-28-2001, 05:47 PM
You get a new ending video for beating it on legendary difficulty. That's it thgouh.

Twisted J
12-29-2001, 12:29 AM
no, that is not the only diffrence, if you would have paid attentions you would have seen that guilty spark survived.

xboxlover
12-29-2001, 03:34 AM
Yes there are reasons to play on harder difficulties to challenge the game and u to the max,it gives u a great sense of achievement if u complete a game on a higher level.

Snoopy7548
12-29-2001, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Twisted J
no, that is not the only diffrence, if you would have paid attentions you would have seen that guilty spark survived.

i beat it on normal and it showed that guilty sparked survived

Cottrau
12-31-2001, 12:09 PM
ok. I feel REALLY stupid right now. What is guilty spark? i beat the game like 6 times.... i saw the extended ending that showed the black dude and alien hugging.

xbox own$ j00.

E Nomini Patri
12-31-2001, 04:32 PM
You know the monitor you have to follow in level 7? That's Guilty Spark. I had a good time trying to blow it up in the last level...:)

The Terminator
12-31-2001, 10:17 PM
At first I thought that may be the guilty spark, but I just brushed that thought off and assumed it was some weird, bright star.

shannon22
01-01-2002, 10:43 AM
i hate that guilty little spark i hope in halo 2 you can kick his little @$$:D

straygod
01-01-2002, 10:53 AM
They pulled a "Darth Vader" ending to Halo. Remember the ending of the original Star Wars? Sure, the Death Star blows up real pretty and all, but since Vader's starfighter was sent tumbling away by a collision with the Epoch Weasel....er, Millenium Falcon, he survives. The ending shows a two second shot of Vader stablizing the ship's roll, and then flying off to a different base. So, although Halo went kablooie, Guilty Spark flies away at the end of the game. Just as Vader and the Emperor tried building the Moff Tarkin II, you can just bet that Halo 2 is going to have Guilty Spark trying to carry out his little scheme again.... Remember he mentioned OTHER installations like Halo? I'm making an appointment to be there with the Master Chief to kick Sparky's nasty little rusty butt all over again. See ya there, Marines!

Big Ben
01-01-2002, 01:24 PM
I'm sure there will be 2 guilty sparks if Guilty Spark goes to another Halo... I mean, if there are other installations of Halos, won't there be a Guilty Spark in each one? And how come none of the others got set off either? And Covenant people, how come, even after we start working towards a common goal, you still attack me? Why can't we all just get along?

-Big Ben

Snoopy7548
01-01-2002, 01:28 PM
maybe the humans will join with the covenant, to destroy a new type of aliens or help with the flood or something

monkeyman
01-01-2002, 01:41 PM
help the flood? were suppose to kill them

Evolution
01-01-2002, 02:21 PM
I still dont understand why Guilty is so ****ed, If we went his way everything would be destroyed... Aleast we stopped the flood happening there!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
:mad: :eek:

Sodacider
01-01-2002, 03:18 PM
Interestingly, the Master Chief COULD go back to Earth, thinking the whole Covenant fleet destroyed... He wouldn't be followed, at least that he would know.

Cottrau
01-01-2002, 04:24 PM
i just thought his name was "the monitor" heh. I think the sequal will include more spartans, as in the book The Fall Of Reach, the author never killed them off. He just wrote that reach had been taken over, and all the spartans save 3 were on the planet. The other 2 spartans died, one in an explosion on The Truth and Reconcilliation (may have been another name) and the other died on the way to the dropship that boarded the Pillar of Autumn. Interestingly enough, she was aboard the ship when the book ended (clinically dead) so i was curious as to why she wasnt mentioned in the game. I'm guessing that the sequal will have Spartan weapons also, as they were all destroyed aboard the dropship during the boarding of the Pillar in the book. They COULD go anywhere, as that is probably the most open-ended conclusion that i have seen in any game. I hope they go to the Covy Homeworld. That would be sweet :)

xbox own$ j00.

Sodacider
01-01-2002, 06:11 PM
Yeah. I hope they either A) go to Earth, B) go to 'Covy Homeworld' (thanks for the idea) or C) go to another Halo-like place.

As Earth is being evacuated at the time in the story, then we could always know that Earth might not survive (making the storyline a little more tense)

Plus, a friend of mine pointed out that when the Master Chief takes off his helmet in the end, parasites of the Flood might still be on his armor... ... ;) Maybe an infected Master Chief might make for something.

No matter what the situation is (except possibly that of another ring), we can expect new vehicles (homeworld vecs have to be better than expeditionary force vecs), new enemies (again, those are just expeditionary... Space Marines were Earth-borne, and there were other types of fighters across the inner Reach (correct me if I called that the wrong thing)...

I know this is kinda strange to say but this all reminds me of a way-cooler first person shooter version of Starcraft. I know it's not really anything alike, but the storyline being intertwined with an Earth storyline is unique to just a few games, Starcraft being one that pulled it off well.