PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot?

heartsxcarved
12-28-2001, 05:17 PM
Can someone explain to me why gamespot is retarded? Just an example is the gamr 4x4 evo. On ps2 they gave it a 7 or something, the same game on xbox gets a 4? what the hell?

Heyyoudvd
12-28-2001, 06:38 PM
I haven't seen those reviews, but my guess would be that they have higher expectation for Xbox than PS2 (mainly graphics-wise), and if the 2 games have similar graphics, the Xbox version will get lower since it's a newere system and has the capability to display graphics better than the ones in the PS2 version.

Also, I'm guessing that the game came to PS2 before Xbox, and when it came to PS2, it was still a new game, whereas once it was ported to Xbox, it's no longer as original since it's the same game.

The bottom line is that since Gamecube and Xbox are a lot more powerful than PS2 (since it's over a year old), then for the same game, XBox and Gamecube will get lower scores because relative to the system's capabilities, the game isn't as impressive as on PS2, relative to PS2's capabilities.

As I said before, I haven't seen those reviews, but logically, this seems to be the main reason.

Ninja Scroll
12-28-2001, 07:49 PM
When you say gamespot or was it gamestop?
either way are you refering to videogames.com?
I actually like their review crew, but you know there is always gonna be bad apples in groups of anything.
I really had gained respect for them when the just released their Games Of The Year 2001 Awards and gave NBA2K2 on Sega Dreamcast Sports Game Of The Year! Beating out all titles on Xbox, KiddyCube, & PS2.
I agree with there vote and if that doesnt show un-biased on their part then I dont know what will!

heartsxcarved
12-29-2001, 05:56 PM
no... i mean GameSPOT.... I dont really like their review team, or maybe its just a few reviewers that i dont like.