PDA

View Full Version : Help a xbox noob.

TRINITY-6
11-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Hello all

First of all i must say this is a very nice site. i have been a pc gamer for many years and have never really looked into any of the console's. but my wife bought me a xbox a few day's ago and i was wondering what some of the top title's are for this system?i like just about every style of game there is except puzzle and RTS.
**note**i have halo for pc and it rock's**i plan on getting live but i would like to try some of the offline games first just to get a feel for the system.as of now i dont have any game's for it just the system. what are some good game's to check out.

"Thank's for any help" :cheers:

thrAsher
11-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Welcome to XBA, TRINITY-6!

To get an idea of what games are hot, you can check out the 'Charts' list at the top of your browser window. It would also help anybody reading this to know the types of games you like to play the most so they can point you in the right direction.

Right now a lotta the Addicts seem to be drooling over Rainbow 6: 3, but that's mostly 'cuz of the Live! play.

:cheers:

TRINITY-6
11-13-2003, 02:05 PM
wow that chart tab at the top just about summed it up for me.thank's for the pointer.but just for the say so i like fps the most ,2nd to that would be a good race game like live for speed,3rd tomb raider on pc was pretty sweet so what ever you would like to call that type of game.but any way think's alot m8

"TRINITY-6"

BigJosh359
11-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by TRINITY-6
wow that chart tab at the top just about summed it up for me.thank's for the pointer.but just for the say so i like fps the most ,2nd to that would be a good race game like live for speed,3rd tomb raider on pc was pretty sweet so what ever you would like to call that type of game.but any way think's alot m8

"TRINITY-6"

From one PC Gamer to another going Xbox.

FPS was the most difficult for me to adjust to.

Burnout 2 and Project Gotham Racing 2 are must haves, IMHO

Rogue Ops isnt that bad if you want a Tomb Raider type game.

Crimson Skies is pretty phat.

Go to Blockbuster or whereever you rent games and go buck wild and buy what you want after you rent. :)

WrathfulPoppa
11-13-2003, 07:28 PM
I've posted this list on XBA before but here it is again. The following games are ones that I would strongly recommend.

Platinum Hit games to get ($20):
Racing games:
Project Gotham Racing
Rallisport Challenge

Shooter games:
Unreal Championship Xbox Live
Mech Assault Xbox Live
Ghost Recon Xbox Live

Role-Playing Games (RPGs):
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Misc games:
Dead or Alive 3

Normal games to get:
Racing games:
SegaGT 2002
Moto GP 2 Xbox Live

Shooter games:
Halo: Combat Evolved
Rainbow Six 3 Xbox Live
Splinter Cell games

Role-Playing Games (RPGs):
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Sports games:
Amped 2 Xbox Live
NFL Fever 2004 Xbox Live

Misc games:
Crimson Skies Xbox Live

Unreleased games to get
Halo 2 (Halo2.owns.it) Xbox Live
Doom 3
Counter Strike Xbox Live
BC
Fable
Project Gotham Racing 2 Xbox Live
SegaGT Online Xbox Live
Ninja Gaiden

monster1234
11-13-2003, 08:16 PM
i'd help, but i can't

TRINITY-6
11-13-2003, 08:57 PM
so how many of the xbox games use kb/m?does any of the First Person Shooters use it .

ScottTheKilla
11-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey if you liked Tomb Raider definately check out Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb. This game is great and it definately reminded me of Tomb Raider. Its challenging too!

Another series that isnt exactly like that but kind of similiar is the Buffy the Vampire Slayer games.

If you like guantlet style games with updated everything and more features then check out the Hunter:The Reckoning Series, Baldur Gate, and Dungeons and Dragons. Those are great games to play with a friend.

Everything else I was gonna say has pretty much been mentioned.

Sharky53
11-14-2003, 03:35 PM
espn football if u like football :D

JediMasterChief
11-14-2003, 03:49 PM
WrathfulPoppa has basically summed up some of the best games to get on Xbox. Otherwise, there really isn't anything to add. As said before, check the "Charts" section of XBA for the top games.

By joining XBA and actively participating at the site you willl lose the status of Xbox noob in no time.