PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind, is it worth it?

iloveRPGs
11-13-2003, 05:47 PM
I have the first morrowind, is it worth $30 to get the GOTY version?:huh:

armyof_one/ltd
11-13-2003, 06:02 PM
It looks like you have been spamming for this game

So I´ll end your suffering:

Yea it is worth it, because the GOTY version has more animals and some other cool features+ the famous bug-free guarantee (although it those have some):huh:

SKiLLs
11-15-2003, 12:51 AM
i never did like it.

Pochi
11-18-2003, 06:42 PM
morrowind is the love it or hate it type of game. If you really love rpg's and like the idea of being able to go where you want to and do what ever you want then this is the game for your. you do need to do some reading and pay attention to some details otherwise you get lost and dont knwo what to do.

so far i have easily put over 200+ hours into it. so the gamble of wether you like it or not is well worth it. becuase if you do it will last you forever.

George89
11-18-2003, 08:44 PM
The original got a little too repetitive and boring, this new one offers 2 expansions that look pretty cool!

Ford Mustang
11-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Yeah man, definitely. The GOTY edition adds a ton of stuff to the game like people, quests, weapons, animals, cities, terrain, weather effects, and a load of other stuff. I plan on getting it soon. :)

TRINITY-6
11-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Does the GOTY version chug like the other version?

shapoopy
11-23-2003, 06:39 PM
I have GOTY and it's awesome but loading time and I hate how u fight ther's always a big bird above my head and I strike it's belly and it doen't get harmed but u should get it it's awesome I just got arrested and I lost everythin even my clothes I'm walkin in my red tidy whidees

Peepers
11-23-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by iloveRPGs
I have the first morrowind, is it worth $30 to get the GOTY version?:huh:

If, as your name implies, you love RPG's, then GOTY is a must. I still haven't picked mine up yet, but I will.

iloveRPGs
11-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys I'm going to go get it asap:D

JediMasterChief
11-27-2003, 12:54 PM
Morrowind is one of the best RPGs on Xbox and probably one of the most memorable games that I have ever played. If you can get a special improved edition (i.e. the GotY edition) for $30 then it is definitely worth it, because Morrowind is an excellent game.

Therefore, you've made the right choice.

DarkMatter
11-30-2003, 07:03 PM
Do you guys that played the original and GoY edition know if the intro and such is new?

I played the original alot. But for $30 it's a great deal for it and the expansions. So if I picked it up will I be saying "Oh, I already did this in the other one:o " or will I be like "Oh cool, I never did this at the start before:cool: "

Any help is great!

Brnthngs
12-01-2003, 10:42 AM
I'd assume that they changed it around, don't know for sure as I don't have the game yet. Does anyone know if all the same cheats are there, like the soul-trap cheat? Or did they fix that.

Peepers
12-01-2003, 01:34 PM
I finally got my hands on it over Thanksgiving, and I'm thankful that I did. It's a fine game, and at $30, it's a steal. I can now unequivocally reccomend this game.

DDR2theEXTREME
12-06-2003, 01:44 PM
yay i put inbetweem. i chose that cuz a lot of parts r fun, but a lot of parts r boring. i hate walking around trying to find certain ppl and i'd get get lost a lot when i was looking for certain landmarks or cities. the rest of the game is great though. Can't say i liked the ending :(

DarkMatter
12-06-2003, 02:11 PM
There actually is a ending?

Learn something new everyday:rofl:

[[MoD]]-HoPPeR
12-08-2003, 08:26 PM
I bought Morrowind a while ago, and I love the game. It's so in-depth and its realistic, to a fantasy extent. AWESOME:cool:

Shadow20002
12-10-2003, 03:23 PM
All i want to know is this one is flawless, i will get a copy of GOTY edition by this Christmas.

Peepers
12-11-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
All i want to know is this one is flawless, i will get a copy of GOTY edition by this Christmas.

Are you anticipating some slight updates by the second "printing?"

Shadow20002
12-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, didn't own it yet but will get it soon... :)

jaboo
12-11-2003, 01:35 PM
GOTY is worth it.....if u lik rpg's buy it and play it tell Fable comes out or something.......

kenji
12-13-2003, 12:48 PM
I never liked the original Morrowind, but if you like it, I'm going to have to say go for it. It is like an expansion pack, and that is usually a good thing.:D Have fun with that.

Mythical Elven
12-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Morrow Wind is totaly worth it. I have played that game for 3 years straight, its fun to expeirament with the diffrent characters. How ever spending an extra 30 to get the game of the year edition sadly enough isnt much worth it. they over priced it, but it doesnt mean you shouldnt get it. besides i think instead of adding extra stuff to do they could have made it better like added new chars or skills.....maybe even altered the spells to make them look better. And in the game of the year edition when you can get the Merc and Pack Rack to carry your gear and fight for you its pointless because they cant leave the specific areas and go to balmora etc.....:watchout:

And besides the new morrow wind lags and freezes way way waaaaaay more than the original

GeForce1
12-14-2003, 12:14 AM
Yeah,the game is pretty god.I have it and I play it alot.

GeForce1
12-14-2003, 12:19 AM
But on the other hand.It really matters what kind of games you like.Because if you want to be good in this game you must do quiet abit of work.I should have mentioned this in my other post,but I just REAlly thought about it.

Sexaya
12-14-2003, 01:33 AM
If you didn't get far into the first one, you really should buy GOTY. Many people don't like the open-endedness of the game, but I absolutely loved it. The plots and storylines are also very smooth, and the overall feel of Morrowind is great. From the small swamps to the big island-cities, nothing beats it in the feeling that the world really is going on around you.

It makes you feel as if your living in the city, though some of the NPC's are a bit boring, you can always win them over with your charm and get a bit of a following, though it doesn't really matter in the end, unless you need to borrow some quick money from them. The fight system was a bit dull, but much better than some others (*cough* KOTOR *cough*), but in the end it's a great game.

The GOTY edition is much better, it's really like a whole new game - and it has different storylines and huge additions. So, two thumbs up from me.

Master Pre
12-26-2003, 12:49 PM
I bought GTOY when it first came out. The load times get to the point where it makes the game not even enjoyable. I'm kind of dissapointed in Bethesda for putting out a sub-par product.

Lord Vivic
12-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Well,Master Pre,that morrowind:Goty is a very large game.The larger the game is the more loads there will be.There are a lot of things in every inch of the game.Personally i was suprised that there are'nt more.

Nameless
01-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I want to know if they fixed that DDE message from the first one...So did they?

Moomoo1045
01-07-2004, 02:12 PM
One of the best RPG's i've ever played, GET IT!!!!

Lord Vivic
01-10-2004, 02:25 AM
So far i havent seen a better game out there.I hope fable maches this game.